Jon or Rickon for KiTN?

The Crow

I love how Bran isn't included even though his claim definitely comes before Rickon's. I'd rather see Jon, truthfully. Robb wanted him to succeed him and Rickon is too much of a variable for me to get behind. He could be a great leader, but he could also be a really poor one. It's all up in the air.

Bran will soon be a tree, he does not count.

Bran will soon be a tree, he does not count.

Of course he counts. Bran is still alive, therefore his claim takes precedence over Rickon's. Also, nobody but Jojen and the rest of the BR crew know that he's becoming a crow. Any way you slice it, installing Rickon as Lord of WF means intentionally ignoring Bran's claim. And that's fine, but it's also a fallacy to say the WF is Rickon's by rights because as of right now, it is definitely not.

I think Robb Will is above any kind of pretense excuse as: He thought Rickon was dead when he wrote it.

BUT

Jon will never accept the job if he knows RIckon is alive but he could if he doesnt. Jon will step aside if Rickon shows up later and at most, will act as a Regent until Rickon grows up. Who else could teach him Ned Stark sense of honor and duty and act as a proper "Stark Father" to Rickon if not Jon?...

I choose Bran, with Rickon as his Lord of Winterfell. Bran is more cerebral and would make a better King. Rickon is more like his Uncle Brandon- a hothead prone to violence first and thinking secondly.

If the Wall falls and Jon lives, I would love to see him as Liege Lord of The Gift, the region that the Wildlings were intending to inhabit. It would be an excellent way to unite the Wildlings and Northerners for the good of the entire North.

If the Wall falls and Jon lives, I would love to see him as Liege Lord of The Gift, the region that the Wildlings were intending to inhabit. It would be an excellent way to unite the Wildlings and Northerners for the good of the entire North.

That's a good idea. As for Winterfell, Rickon would probably end up as the Stark in the North.

Bran is still alive, therefore his claim takes precedence over Rickon's.

If he makes a claim. He can always abdicate or step aside the way Aemon did and that's likely since it seems Bran's life ambition is to turn himself into a tree.

Ah so not a child but an oathbreaker of immense extent (considering that an LC of the NW deserting sounds pretty catastrophic) who is yet to learn his ways around leadership? How the heck would Jon be a better regent than any of the eldest and seasoned northern lords?

Assuming that Robb's Will made Jon the heir, and since the Night's Watch tried to murder him for attempting to aid in their war against the Boltons I think the lords would give him the benefit of the doubt on the oathbreaker count.

Also, by the bolded, I assume you mean the assassination? Considering how competent he was at finding food for the Watch, fending off Stannis from taking NW lands, and how he managed to man castles the Watch hadn't manned in years I'd say he did a great job as a leader. No one would have killed him had he not tried to march South, so I'm not sure why you think he "has yet to learn his way around leadership."

As for your second question, he'd be a full-grown Stark and lord of Winterfell who would also not require a Regent. That alone makes him better than any of the seasoned Northern Lords, most of whom are cowed into following Roose Bolton without Stark leadership. Additionally, no one would be able to manipulate him as they could Rickon.

Lucky for them, there's one on the Wall who was legitimized and named heir by their king. Whew, problem solved!

Your missing the point: Bran's LOST and he's not going to be coming back anytime soon. If Osha tells them a 7 year old, two teenagers and a half wit went on the other side of the Wall, everyone's going to assume he's dead. There's no logical way he would have survived

Back to topic:

Rickon would be Lord of Winterfell end of story. This insistence that it will be Jon is ridiculous, you're effectively ignoring everything about Jon and his character development. If he tries to take Rickon's claim then he's everything Cat said he was

Meh, I don't like the idea of Jon as KitN or even Lord of Winterfell, Stannis has already offered him Winterfell before (with a price of course) and he still refused it, not just because he didn't want to burn the Godswood one of the symbols of Stark's connections to the Old Gods and First-Men heritage , but mainly because he isn't power hungry, he sees his position as duty, he was ellected by his brothers, he didn't magically win a crown, he could, but yet he didn't chose to be Lord. Even with his murder attempt, if he survives it I don't see him breaking his vows if Robb's Will reveals him as his heir.

Jon's possible death brings another point too. If he died and ressurected, do you think people would see him as Lord of Winterfell? To take his rightful seat he needs his own army, if some wildlings and NW brothers do follow him to WF I don't see to many coming and don't you think the price would be too damn high? Winter already came people! I don't think the siege and the taking of WF on winter taking little time, it would be weeks or months! I don't see it coming now.

Seriously, a zombie liege lord? A ZOMBIE LORD OF WINTERFELL? Great way to restore Stark's line. For now, I would say Rickon. Sansa, Bran and Arya are kinda busy with "school".

Your missing the point: Bran's LOST and he's not going to be coming back anytime soon. If Osha tells them a 7 year old, two teenagers and a half wit went on the other side of the Wall, everyone's going to assume he's dead. There's no logical way he would have survived

Back to topic:

Rickon would be Lord of Winterfell end of story. This insistence that it will be Jon is ridiculous, you're effectively ignoring everything about Jon and his character development. If he tries to take Rickon's claim then he's everything Cat said he was

No, you're missing the point: Winterfell doesn't inherently belong to Rickon. It's either Bran's or Jon's, but it's definitely not Rickon's. If the Northern Lords want to overlook Bran's claim in favor of another claimant, then that's totally fine, but that still doesn't make Winterfell Rickon's by rights and pretending that it does is silly.

I saw him on that day a fortnight after the battle of Ice. Riding a unicorn, with the biggest Dire wolf, I've ever seen next to his side. Could it be, are the rumors true. The dire wolf, and Manderly. On that day my knee bent with ease.

Archived