Jon or Rickon for KiTN?

The Crow

Why stop at the North? Rickon should go south and punish all those traitors. I see a possible match with Shireen to make it all rightful and legal, lol. As long as it isn't Jon, but there is absolutely no change of him becoming a king, obvious.

No KitN, no IT, books are building to a tremendous climax involving the Others, Dragons, Dany, Jon, and The Winter that's been coming since AGOT, at the very least, with Rickon still coming of age while all this goes down. . He'll probably figure APOS and pick up the pieces after much of Westeros has been utterly destroyed, and who knows what would have happened to Dragons, Dany, Jon and other key players by that time. But I believe it'll be a whole new world, though I fully expect Bran to still be around and for there to be some sort of joining of forces between Bran and Rickon - and I hope Jon as well, as TPTWP.

I will see Jon as the KitN as per Robb's will, but he would let Rickon be the Lord of WF.

If Jon knew Rickon was alive he'll ignore the will. Winterfell belongs to Rickon and Jon would never take it from him; it's not in his character

If he does then everything Cat said about him is true. I don't even see him as regent, that would be given to either the Blackfish or Sansa

I don't think there's going to be a KitN, just Lord Rickon Stark of Winterfell, Warden of the North

If Jon knew Rickon was alive he'll ignore the will. Winterfell belongs to Rickon and Jon would never take it from him; it's not in his character

If he does then everything Cat said about him is true. I don't even see him as regent, that would be given to either the Blackfish or Sansa

I don't think there's going to be a KitN, just Lord Rickon Stark of Winterfell, Warden of the North

Wrong. In that case, Winterfell belongs to Bran, not to Rickon. If Jon excludes himself from the line of succession, Bran still comes before Rickon does.

Wrong. In that case, Winterfell belongs to Bran, not to Rickon. If Jon excludes himself from the line of succession, Bran still comes before Rickon does.

Bran's in the process of becoming a tree. I highly doubt he'll be leaving the other side of the Wall any time soon

I can see Jon staying as LC and Rickon becoming Lord of Winterfell with his uncle acting as regent

Not too sure about an actual king though. The only one whose had ruling hinted in their arc is Sansa, and if she doesn't become a powerful political figure her whole arc is pointless.

Rickon becoming King won't matter any bit in the books, since it's not like they'll have him make decisions, anyway. He'll just be there. Somewhere.

We already have a king around whose head is too small for a crown. There's no real need for another.

What matters is someone who knows how to talk to the bannermen (those that are left) to make them see what awaits them if they don't unify right now, drop the war with the south and focus on the north. It is either that, or possible annihilation for the north.

I think Sansas role is to play the game and get Littlefinger killed for dragging the family into this mess (the North remembers). After that I guess she'll aid Manderly as Lady of the Vale (and through him Rickon) to get a Stark at Winterfell.

I also think that the NW will proclaim Jons watch as ended (having stabbed him to some sort of death, saying; "And now his watch has ended.") He'll be free to do as he likes, like picking up Longclaw (made of dragonsteel) and fighting Others. After that: no idea what might happen.

Bran's in the process of becoming a tree. I highly doubt he'll be leaving the other side of the Wall any time soon

But that doesn't invalidate his claim and the only people who actually know that Bran is specifically becoming one are, surprise, with him. Manderly knows that Bran is still alive and anyone with a head on their shoulders can figure out that Bran is still alive if Rickon is. There is no version of events, in story, where Rickon's claim supercedes Bran's which means that in order to put Rickon in the position as King, they have to ignore that. Which is fine and it could definitely be Manderly's plan, but even if that's the case, Winterfell isn't his by rights.

But that doesn't invalidate his claim and the only people who actually know that Bran is specifically becoming one are, surprise, with him. Manderly knows that Bran is still alive and anyone with a head on their shoulders can figure out that Bran is still alive if Rickon is. There is no version of events, in story, where Rickon's claim supercedes Bran's which means that in order to put Rickon in the position as King, they have to ignore that. Which is fine and it could definitely be Manderly's plan, but even if that's the case, Winterfell isn't his by rights.

Is Bran going to come marching to Winterfell demanding his rights?

Bran's disappeared and Rickon's in their clutches. They'll give Winterfell to the first Stark male they find

Is Bran going to come marching to Winterfell demanding his rights?

Bran's disappeared and Rickon's in their clutches. They'll give Winterfell to the first Stark male they find

Lucky for them, there's one on the Wall who was legitimized and named heir by their king. Whew, problem solved!

Jon

However, I think it would lower my respect for him if he took a title which belongs to his true born 'brother' (Rickon) so I would say Jon until Rickon comes of age.

Jon wins back the North, delivers justice, helps raise Rickon then passes the crown onto him.

Archived