Jon IS Ned's son

A Man Has Said

Jon IS Ned's son. No question. He has the very, very rare abilities of a skinchanger*, which no-one else born south of the wall has except -- that's right -- the children of Ned Stark.

Something that just occurred to me.

* - Even north of the wall we only know of four skinchangers that I can think of; Varamyr six-skins, Orrel, Borroq and Bloodraven.

Or possibley the Grandchildren of Rickard Stark and his wife, it could have passed down either of their genetic lines and these kids are just the first to get direwolves.

I like this.

The direwolve's presence awakened their warging abilities. Kind of like in the House of The Undying, Dany and her dragons made the warlock's magic stronger.

I never even thought of that, or seen that idea on here.

Thanks.

Jon IS Ned's son. No question. He has the very, very rare abilities of a skinchanger*, which no-one else born south of the wall has except -- that's right -- the children of Ned Stark.

* - Even north of the wall we only know of four skinchangers that I can think of; Varamyr six-skins, Orrel, Borroq and Bloodraven.

Bloodraven was south of the wall before he was north of it. North of the wall, we only know of the ones who mentioned, plus Haggon. That doesn't mean there aren't more.

We also don't know if there aren't any other skinchangers south of the wall. In any case, Lyanna and Ned shared the same blood, so any descendants of Lyanna's could have the same gifts as any descendants of Ned. Skinchanging is rare enough that it's a statistical anomaly that all of the Starks in a single generation were wargs.

If this is how you feel, what do you think Ned promised? Just curious.

I'm pretty sure it runs in the Stark blood

Jon is still a Stark if he is Lyanna's son you know?

Ned wasn't a skinchanger and his kids got it

It's like the madness with the Targs, some got the crazy gene, others don't

Blood of the first men seems to be all that is required. Something both Ned and Lyanna had. Woof!

If that were true there would be far more skinchangers. Most everybody north of the Neck (and many in the Iron Islands) are descended from the First Men. On both sides of the wall.

Or possibly the Grandchildren of Rickard Stark and his wife, it could have passed down either of their genetic lines and these kids are just the first to get direwolves.

Mayhaps, but only because it's a work of fiction. The fact remains that only the children of Ned Stark are known to have this rare gift. It seems to be a very specific genetic mutation. I'll have to accept the argument, but only because I'm not a geneticist. :P In reality, I don't think it would work that way.

I guess the pertinent question to ask would be; do we know of any skinchangers in the Stark line prior to this batch?

If this is how you feel, what do you think Ned promised? Just curious.

This - and much and more. Too many things do not make sense if Jon is Ned's son by Wylla/fisherman's daughter/Ashara, but fit for a son of Rhaegar.

N+L=J

:thumbsup:

or B+L=J, but I think Lyanna"kidnapping" and Jon's birth is >> 9months :(,

Benjen raping Lyanna and the Stark family trying to hide this, "for the family honor", and then her running to rhaegar, the man with power who showed her once some kind of interest, to hide herself. Then Benjen out of shame, later joins the NW... this is horrible but some much better than Rhaegar cheated his wife because in the past it was once or twice OK to do it. :P

And for the OP, whoever is Jon DNA origin, his true father will always be Ned, and he will always be a Stark.

If that were true there would be far more skinchangers. Most everybody north of the Neck (and many in the Iron Islands) are descended from the First Men. On both sides of the wall.

Mayhaps, but only because it's a work of fiction. The fact remains that only the children of Ned Stark are known to have this rare gift. It seems to be a very specific genetic mutation. I'll have to accept the argument, but only because I'm not a geneticist. :P In reality, I don't think it would work that way.

I guess the pertinent question to ask would be; do we know of any skinchangers in the Stark line prior to this batch?

We do know that Brandon and Lyanna were exceptionally good riders ("half horse", "centaurs"), which might be a hint at some degree of warging.

We do not know who Ned's mother was and GRRM mentioned that there is a backstory to her, so here might be the answer why the Starks are able to warg now.

And once again, due to lack of evidence, the theory about Jon being Ned`s son fails to prove right. Better luck next time, or whatever luck one can expect from beating a dead horse...

And once again, due to lack of evidence, the theory about Jon being Ned`s son fails to prove right. Better luck next time, or whatever luck one can expect from beating a dead horse...

Be nice. They try . . . you can't fault them. We had thought of similar things before.

Archived