Owen Teale (Alliser Thorne) returning to GOT

As far as I know he got injured just prior to season 2 shooting, and then somehow it got to the point where he refused to comply to their schedules and yes D&D said they had a dispute and he probably won't be returning.

Have a reference for that? Never heard that before. I just figured Clive Mantle's work on White Van Man must have overlapped.

I too have never heard he was on D and D's blacklist. He may have not liked the terms. Some of the minor parts require only a week or two or less. I think that even the bit parts are coveted because of the show's popularity.

Can only lead to other work.

Notice Kate Dickie , after season 1 of GOT, wound up with a role in the expensive Prometheus , but she has always had steady work. Supposedly had a few days on set for season 3, but someone may have reported something wrong.

Only guy who really seems 'black listed' (if he is) is Conan Stevens I am sure he made more on The Hobbit , would have been free for season 3.

I knew we knew that David Bradley was returning to season 3, but I never noticed mention of Patrick Malahide and Peter Vaughan being back even if it was one episode.

I don't remember it having anything to do with injury, he just wasn't availabe for filming S2 because he was doing another show, so he wasn't asked back. I don't believe D&D have admitted anything about him pissing them off.

He was assaulted in 2011 I think, but I think you're right.

Have a reference for that? Never heard that before. I just figured Clive Mantle's work on White Van Man must have overlapped.

I too have never heard he was on D and D's blacklist. He may have not liked the terms. Some of the minor parts require only a week or two or less. I think that even the bit parts are coveted because of the show's popularity.

Can only lead to other work.

Notice Kate Dickie , after season 1 of GOT, wound up with a role in the expensive Prometheus , but she has always had steady work. Supposedly had a few days on set for season 3, but someone may have reported something wrong.

Only guy who really seems 'black listed' (if he is) is Conan Stevens I am sure he made more on The Hobbit , would have been free for season 3.

I knew we knew that David Bradley was returning to season 3, but I never noticed mention of Patrick Malahide and Peter Vaughan being back even if it was one episode.

Yeah I wonder what happened to Kate Dickie and her supposed season 3 shooting. But no I don't have a reference, just something I read a while back.

That's cool, he was a perfect Alliser. I think he's the kind of guy that non-book readers will actually remember from the first season as well -- he had a distinctive role and personality.

I do have a feeling that he will replace Janos Slynt though.

That's cool, he was a perfect Alliser. I think he's the kind of guy that non-book readers will actually remember from the first season as well -- he had a distinctive role and personality.

I do have a feeling that he will replace Janos Slynt though.

Well, since Janos Slynt will be there too, I can really see the Thorne - Slynt Bad-Team for the politics at Castle Black, and that's really good news ! =D

The verbal battles between Jon and Slynt/Thorne are some of my favourites, and how it all ends is incredibly satisfying! We finally got to see a bit of book Jon in Season 3 (as in, sticking up for himself and showing his intelligence unlike in Season 2), hopefully we see even more for next season.

The verbal battles between Jon and Slynt/Thorne are some of my favourites, and how it all ends is incredibly satisfying! We finally got to see a bit of book Jon in Season 3 (as in, sticking up for himself and showing his intelligence unlike in Season 2), hopefully we see even more for next season.

I love that bit where he keeps saying "my lord" at the end of every sentence. LOL

It's so reassuring to see these actors coming back for all quite short but memorable roles. I admit I was starting to dispair in D&D recently, after being so severely disappointed in season 3, but I'll hold out hope that season 4 will be a return to form, or at the very least the best of season 2's quality. I'm not expecting any more season 1-quality seasons anymore.

Anyway, back on topic, I was so worried that Janos and Alliser were gone for good on the show, so I'm so excited that they will be back. I pray to the old gods and the new that Kevan, Lancel and Tommen will be back though. Obviously Tommen will for reasons I need not explain, but I want him to have more lines in season 4. Lancel as an incredibly pious, changed man was hilarious in the book, so I think it will work well on screen. Kevan is the one I'm really worried about. There really wasn't any reason he shouldn't have been in season 3, even as just a background council member, like in Harrenhal in season 2. I really want to see him trying to help Tyrion and later telling Cersei to get fucked. I think even the Unsullied will remember and maybe even like him after that.

Awesome that they're bringing Slynt and Rorge back. Lysa we expected because she has such a significant role, but I was wondering if they'd manage to get the other two.

Yeah I wonder what happened to Kate Dickie and her supposed season 3 shooting. But no I don't have a reference, just something I read a while back.

I was an item on WIC. In the recent posting that she was back for season 4 , WIC said her scene from season 3, apparently short had been cut. We might see it season 4, I wonder what her contract says about shooting a scene for one season and have it used in another? Apparently she will have more time in season 4.

So.. what exactly will Rorge be doing in S4? No spoiler tags in the thread title so I'll hide it the err on the side of caution here..

First thought is they'll probably advance Brienne's plot into AFFC a bit since otherwise she'd be sitting around Kings Landing doing nothing for 10 episodes but that certainly puts her way ahead of everything else (but my guess is a lot of the stuff with her at Duskendale & Maidenpool will be cut) but I'm not anticipating her to be a major storyline this season anyway aside from 'hopefully' some good KL scenes between her/Jaime before he sends her off with 'Oathkeeper'

I guess Rorge could also have a run-in with Sandor/Arya to spice things up - we already know they'll be meeting Polliver at some point and Rorge was in Tywin's service in Harrenhal (TV-Westeros) last time we saw him.

I was an item on WIC. In the recent posting that she was back for season 4 , WIC said her scene from season 3, apparently short had been cut. We might see it season 4, I wonder what her contract says about shooting a scene for one season and have it used in another? Apparently she will have more time in season 4.

I find it odd that they'd revisit the set of the Eyrie, only to cut it. It'd have to be moved to season 4, otherwise they've wasted (potentially) thousands of dollars.

So.. what exactly will Rorge be doing in S4? No spoiler tags in the thread title so I'll hide it the err on the side of caution here..

First thought is they'll probably advance Brienne's plot into AFFC a bit since otherwise she'd be sitting around Kings Landing doing nothing for 10 episodes but that certainly puts her way ahead of everything else (but my guess is a lot of the stuff with her at Duskendale & Maidenpool will be cut) but I'm not anticipating her to be a major storyline this season anyway aside from 'hopefully' some good KL scenes between her/Jaime before he sends her off with 'Oathkeeper'

I guess Rorge could also have a run-in with Sandor/Arya to spice things up - we already know they'll be meeting Polliver at some point and Rorge was in Tywin's service in Harrenhal (TV-Westeros) last time we saw him.

Before I read your post I was sure he'd be a part of Brienne's quest, which I'm sure they'll speed up to show next season, however now I think its more likely he'll be with Polliver when Arya reclaims needle.

Remember Rorge said to Arya in season 2: "Where's your stick now, bitch? I promised I'd fuck you with it"?

Calling it now: Arya fucks Rorge with a stick in the season 4 finale :P

I'm glad that Slynt and Thorne are returning: both were suitably despicable in their roles, and I'm keen to hear a few more "bahstid!" insults hurled at Jon by Thorne.

Have a reference for that? Never heard that before. I just figured Clive Mantle's work on White Van Man must have overlapped. I too have never heard he was on D and D's blacklist.

Then why the absolute lack of any mention of the Greatjon in S2 or 3? They could have mentioned he was busy campaigning in 'x' just to explain away his absence. Instead they pretend as if the character never existed... which is baffling considering his impact in S1.

Archived