Boardology - resurrected...

Mladen

Doran is just an old man who can't do anything right.

Ok I stopped reading right here. You cant say a character doesnt get anything right just because he is affected by things out of his control

Just because he didnt do anything interesting yet, it doesnt mean we should mark him as a pedophile for the fun of it.

Doran's Law:

Either Doran is held to be the worst player of the game of thrones who does everything wrong, or he the greatest player whose plans haven't come in to focus yet.

Like this: :P

Doran is just an old man who can't do anything right.

Ok I stopped reading right here. You cant say a character doesnt get anything right just because he is affected by things out of his control

Just because he didnt do anything interesting yet, it doesnt mean we should mark him as a pedophile for the fun of it.

Are you sure you've read the books? ;)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure. :P

this! i believe this is the first time i've seen this statement. good on you.

I've believed for a long time that, while both characters are indeed grey, Tyrion is a darker shade of grey than Stannis. I think plenty of people especially on this forum would agree with me on that as well.

I knew that line would get under your skin ^_^

Walrus' Law: Anytime someone exaggerates Tyrion's wrongdoing's and then goes on about how "redeemed" Jaime and Sandor are, i lose it. This also applies to Stannis.

people say sandor is redeemed? for what? hanging out with arya? isn't he on the quiet isles trying to get redeemed? :dunno:

people say sandor is redeemed? for what? hanging out with arya? isn't he on the quiet isles trying to get redeemed? :dunno:

Well some people have severely exaggerated Sandor's good, and they seem to believe he's almost "redeemed".

UPDATES OF BOARDOLOGY (POSTS #265 - #370)

FLORINA STARK'S SET OF LAWS

Aegon's Law:

He is either fake or genuine and everyone cares about this. Also Table Flipping apparently = Being Worse Than Joff.

Rhaegar's Law of Secondary Opinions:

No matter what the smallfolk or people in-universe think about the guy, fans either hate him deeply or love him unconditionally. There is no middle ground.

Daenerys' Law Of Sliding Scale of Idealism:

Dany is either a bad guy in the making or the savior of the universe.

Law of Dragons:

To those who enforce the above Dany Law, the dragons are either the coolest thing since the wheel, or living breathing weapons of mass destruction.

Targaryen Law of Madness:

If your name isnt Maester Aemon, Egg, or Baelor Breakspear or Jaehaerys I, you are batshit by default.

Some individual ones: (I didnt read the whole thread)

Arya's Law Of Womanhood:

Fans will forever be divided on whether or not Arya actually grows up. She is either staying as a manky ugly girl or becoming Lyanna 2.0.

Roose's Law:

See therealbrando's sig for details.

Cersei's Law of Feminism:

Discussing Cersei in general is a tricky thing to do, but discussing her as a feminist figure will doom a thread without fail.

Law of Jojenpaste:

A ridiculous theory, if ridiculous enough, will have multiple threads on the subject.

Pawn To Player Thread Law:

DO NOT DISCUSS SANSA'S FLAWS IN THIS THREAD! You have been warned.

Law of Stannis:

For the Thread is Long and Full of Stannis.

GRRM Kills Our Loved One's Law:

Speculation never ends on who will live or die. And what the ending of the series will entail.

Florina's Law:

A wild double standard appeared!

Florina used "gtfo"

Its super effective.

Also, if theres a hilarious way of putting things, even in a post report, expect it when Florina posts.

Grizzled Older Person Law:

If a member is over a certain age, cantankerous posts will ensue.

Ramsay's Law:

Ramsay has no sympathetic qualities. Discussing such is fruitless, even if you are marginally fond of the guy. And if you are marginally fond of the guy, you MUST state it has to do with his role in the story, not his doings or personality.

Dornish Law:

Dorne either doesnt matter at all in the overall story, or has huge significance. There is no middle ground.

Law of Cliche:

Jon is a cliche and boring.

Tropes Law:

Discussion about the use of tropes and devices in the series will result in a lot of mixed reactions. GRRM's use of tropes are either wholly unconventional, or just like everyone else's.

Law of Protagonists and Antagonists:

There is no "main character" in the series apparently. There are also no "good guys" and "bad guys". Greys Law applies.

Oberyn's Law:

Oberyn Martell was amazing and he died for your sins.

Law of Sandor Clegane:

No discussion about the Hound is complete with Sansa shipping.

Meereen's Law:

No one remembers any Ghiscari's name ever. If your name isnt Hizdahr or the Green Grace, you will not be remembered. If you have an alias, like the Green Grace or the Shavepate, only then will people remember your name.

Rule of Fat Walda:

She is awesome. Deal with it.

Alys Karstark's Law of Ensemble Darkhorse:

If a character is spunky in any way shape or form, despite having one or only a handful of scenes, they will be universally loved. Bonus points if they are female and Northern.

Asha Greyjoy's Law of Ironborn Dynamics:

The only good Ironborn is named Asha Greyjoy. Everyone else is pillaging scum.

Apple Martini's Law of Northern Politics:

If there is a theory about how the North will carry out and it is posted by Apple Martini, theres too high of a chance that she may have some weird voodoo psychic connection to GRRM. In other words, shes probably right. Deal with it. See also Tze's Law.

Tze's Law of Overreaching:

Even if a Tze post has some wild theorizing in it, people will have no choice but to accept it.

WK's Law:

If there is a good thread idea, she probably came up with it first.

PatrickStormborn's Law of Daenerys:

Dany is the Queen of All Everything. Deny this and you will be mercilessly attacked by said member. Dany is a strong, independent woman who dont need no man.

UPDATES OF BOARDOLOGY (POSTS #265 - #370)

AB AETERNO'S SET OF LAWS

Law of Mistaken Succession:

In any discussion of right of succession to the Iron Throne, at least one person will claim that being popular or being a potentially better king gives you a claim to the throne.

Law of Stannis vs. Renly:

It will be argued that Renly had a stronger claim through "might makes right," even though he was killed in the process - his might clearly didn't make right. b. It will be argued that Renly would have won if Stannis followed Westerosi conventions even though Renly was in the process of usurping either his nephew or his brother, and hence himself breaking Westerosi conventions.

Doran's Law:

Either Doran is held to be the worst player of the game of thrones who does everything wrong, or he the greatest player whose plans haven't come in to focus yet.

Law of Dany vs Jon:

a. Gender is not the most important aspect of either of their characters, arcs, or storylines.

b. Similarly, potentially not being Azor Ahai Reborn does not make Dany's entire narrative pointless, and potentially being AAR does not make Jon's arc cliche.

c. The above arguments will still be made in almost every thread regarding either character.

Law of Discussion of Morality:

a. Once a character's morality is questioned in a thread no useful discussion will emerge.

b. A character's morality will always be questioned in a thread when posters disagree with the prevailing opinion about a major character.

Law of moral absolutism:

Characters who are considered to be moral absolutists will be condemned because 'moral absolutism is wrong.' This will occur with no hint of irony.

Melisandre's Law of Visions:

Whenever Mel's visions are discussed people will conflate Mel's flawed interpretations of what she sees with her visions being wrong. Mel's visions are 100% accurate but her interpretation of them is rarely ever accurate.

Law of human decency:

Doran Martell is not a pedophile.

Law of Nicknames:

"The Red Viper," "The Kingslayer," and "The Queen of Thorns" are good nicknames, but "Ser Stupid," and "Lord too-fat-to-sit-a-horse" are the gold standard.

Well some people have severely exaggerated Sandor's good, and they seem to believe he's almost "redeemed".

is that on the boardology? it should be: there is always a thread around somewhere confusing the hound's bad assery and occasional acto of kindness to the stark sisters as redemption for prior murders, killing, etc.

What was your first clue? The avatar, name, sig or members title?

The avatar, of course. Whenever I look at it, I can't stop thinking about what sick thoughts are going through that pervert's mind B)

Archived