Could Lady Stoneheart be a POV in TWOW?

Personally I hope not. Her chapters were always a bit of a downer for me, and would have me shouting at the book for her to stop being such a bloody old misery. Now that she is a bloody old corpse, there is no real need to have her POV with Jaime and Brienne heading her wayn Arya will probably meet her at some point, and Bran could have a Weirnet contact. It would be interesting if he could recognise the red god in her in some physical way. He doesn't know about the red wedding yet does he?

Not sure the story as a whole needs a Catelyn POV, but let's not forget that Catelyn remains in the story. People treat Lady Stoneheart as a new character when she's not. She's the completion of Catelyn's story arc, which is one of vengeance and putting her own needs before the needs of the realm.

She's always done that though. The realm was never in her interests.

I still treat her as Catelyn, just with a changed personality. Like Harvey Dent/Two-Face in TDK.

• 8 months later...

Well, I'll just come in and split hairs.

I think it is fair to say that one could have an UnCat POV while the following are all true:

1) This isn't really a "new" POV since UnCat was Catelyn. Just like Cat of the Canals and Mercy and Alysa Stone aren't "new" POVs

2) UnCat is a changed creature from the Catelyn we knew. Not the same, but not completely different either.

3) That one could define an "Lady Stoneheart" POV as different from a Catelyn POV, just like Cat of the Canals could be considered not an Arya POV.

Thus, while "Catelyn" will not have a POV, "Lady Stoneheart" could, while the fact that a "new" POV didn't happen, and neither did a "Catelyn" POV.

Don't see us getting a dead (wo)mans PoV I do think however that at some point we will get a thoros of myr chapter as a prologue/epilogue. Him possibly killing stone heart or getting killed by her. I think his insight into the past few years could be very interesting.

I could see it, but only as an epilogue or prologue. That of course would mean the end of Lady Stoneheart, but it would be a cool way for her to go. Especially if she is taking somebody with her.

If the Lord of Light brough Stoneheart back, like with Dondarrion. Does she have the ability to bring someone back, like Baric did?

I've heard it speculated that Melilsandre is somehow undead, and that bringing Jon back would kill her like bringing Cat back killed Baric Dondarrion.

I think it would be even more interesting if Cat brough Jon back (her life for the bastard boy she couldn't love) or if she realizes her mistake and brings back Jamie/Brienne, assuming Jaime has a duel and Cat names Brienne her champion.

Either way, it would be a nice way for Cat to go out. Though I think she needs to hang around long enough to either see one of the Stark children again, or at least know Bran & Rickon are alive.

Does anyone think Cat will learn the parentage of Jon?

It'd be a big deal to clear her mind that Ned was faithful and that she hated Jon for no reason.

Personally I don't think so. Even if somebody were to tell her the truth (assuming R+L=J of course), at this point it would fall on deaf/dead ears; she's too far gone. But I don't think the news will reach her before she eats it for good anyway. I've always felt that this is one of the more tragic pieces of the story that we won't get resolution on.

Quite unlikely in my opinion to get POV chapters.But she's quite useful for some more dramatic scenes ,either with Brianne-Jaime or even some of her children, before she finally rests in peace.And i believe she'll be dead in the forthcoming book since Martin seems eager to clear things a little bit before the grand finale.

Do we know if Cat CAN learn any new information? or is she stuck with just whatever thoughts were running through her head when she dies?

No, she learned about Arya being with the Hound and remembered Brienne. There's comprehension left in her.

Lady Stoneheart takes control of Nymeria's pack ( with Arya returning to westeros who knows!) and heads north.

1st stop. Castle at the Crossing.

2nd stop. Greywater Watch.

3rd stop. Moat Cailin.

4th stop. The Dreadfort.

5th stop. Winterfell.

6th stop. The island where theon is.

7th stop. she saves her last living ' child ' and kills the Lord of Light.

remember Arya=Dead. Robb=Dead. Rickon=Dead. Bran=Dead. Jon Snow=Dead. Sansa= Dead/Missing. She want's a heir/stark for Winterfell and Bran made him Lord.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived