Small questions v.10009

Angalin

But I don't think he's actually a priest. I suspect he has an additional part to play.

Yeah, lots of posters are predicting he will champion for the Faith against Un-Gregor.

Lost Melnibonean, you mean because Arya would have needed to pass the Mud Gate according to the map?

It´s either a mistake, as Martin doesn´t mention Arya passing it, or the gate itself wasn´t guarded only the ferries to the King´s Road on the other bank of the Blackwater in order to make the trap with the false Winterfell guards work.

A gull wheeled overhead as she made her way down the hill toward Flea Bottom. Arya glanced at it thoughtfully, but it was well beyond the reach of her stick. It made her think of the sea. Maybe that was the way out. Old Nan used to tell stories of boys who stowed away on trading galleys and sailed off into all kinds of adventures. Maybe Arya could do that too. She decided to visit the riverfront. It was on the way to the Mud Gate anyway, and she hadn't checked that one today. The wharfs were oddly quiet when Arya got there. She spied another pair of gold cloaks, walking side by side through the fish market, but they never so much as looked at her. Half the stalls were empty, and it seemed to her that there were fewer ships at dock than she remembered. Out on the Blackwater, three of the king's war galleys moved in formation, gold-painted hulls splitting the water as their oars rose and fell. Arya watched them for a bit, then began to make her way along the river. When she saw the guardsmen on the third pier, in grey woolen cloaks trimmed with white satin, her heart almost stopped in her chest. The sight of Winterfell's colors brought tears to her eyes.

It says that Beric Dondarrion was betrothed to Allyria Dayne since 294. Beric was an adult (20 years old) in 294, so why weren't they married already? It was peace time for four years. Is there any explanation?

It says that Beric Dondarrion was betrothed to Allyria Dayne since 294. Beric was an adult (20 years old) in 294, so why weren't they married already? It was peace time for four years. Is there any explanation?

Maybe Allyria wasn't old enough?

We can really only guess.

Thanks Lykos, That's what I'm getting at. "She decided to visit the riverfront. It was on the way to the Mud Gate anyway, and she hadn't checked that one today. The wharfs were oddly quiet when Arya got there." That suggests the riverfront was within the city walls. But the preparation for, and the battle of, the Blackwater, as well as the map were inconsistent, no?

Maybe Allyria wasn't old enough?

We can really only guess.

Thats the only logical explanation I can think of. If thats the case, then whoever her father was must have had his children spread out even more than Aerys'. Arthur Dayne was likely Rhaegar's age, and he probably wasn't even the oldest, since he joined the KG instead of becoming Lord Dayne, which went to Edrics father. And Ashara seemed to be around their age as well.

Which would mean that Allyria's parents had three children in a certain timespan (Arthur, Ashara, Edric's father) then waited a hell of a long time to have Allyria. Unless of course the first three and Allyria are by different mothers or something.

Maybe Allyria is acting as regent for Edric Dayne and cant leave starfall untill he is of age

Re-reading ACOK now, and just passed the section introducing Lady Hornwood. Now I recall that most of the House eventually dies off, including Donella. Do we know what has become of the House and Lands? Controlled by Bastard Bolton?

Re-reading ACOK now, and just passed the section introducing Lady Hornwood. Now I recall that most of the House eventually dies off, including Donella. Do we know what has become of the House and Lands? Controlled by Bastard Bolton?

The manderelys seized the castle when the heard about the marriage

Q. Was Rhaella older or younger than Aerys? If Rhaella did not marry Aerys, and Prince Duncan was dead, who would get the Iron Throne?

I don't think it ever mentions who was eldest.

When Egg and Duncan died, Jaehaerys II got the throne. Jaehaerys had Aerys and Rhaella, so Aerys was next. Not really sure what exactly you are asking.

Archived