Small questions v.10009

Angalin

I know there are whole threads dealing with Quaithe (I suspect she's either who she says she is or Shiera Seastar) but I just wanted to ask very narrowly here why Quaithe laid two fingers on Dany's wrist and why Dany's wrist tingled afterward.

This is a great question. Does anybody have any theories?

This is a great question. Does anybody have any theories?

Kismet. I like the Shiera idea, since she was Bloodraven's lover and she does seem to be trying to steer Dany away from those who want her for the game of thrones, but that would be one old woman. She'd make Old Nan look like a teenager.

Kismet. I like the Shiera idea, since she was Bloodraven's lover and she does seem to be trying to steer Dany away from those who want her for the game of thrones, but that would be one old woman. She'd make Old Nan look like a teenager.

sort a like her lover brynden, eh?

Here's a good thread to get you started.

gods, tl;dr the first post. My take: Aegon is suspect. He could be Illyrio's kid. He could be anyone Varys snatched. There are so many ways to plant a fake Aegon - a lot of Essos has the hair and eyes of Valyria and Connington is really vulnerable to being hoodwinked and used in this fashion. Varys and Illyrio seem to be motivated by a desire to take over the world including Westeros and having Aegon would be handy. Having Dany would be handy too and Illyrio keeps her on a loose leash so she doesnt bust completely out of his circle. It's possible Varys switched babies at KL. It also would have required him to dance between Aerys and Gregor almost physically at a time when Aerys didnt want to let him out of sight.

Stannis mentions that Richard Horpe was passed over for a white cloak. Who got his white cloak then?

Perhaps Arys Oakheart when he was appointed in 290? That or he just wasn't chosen at the end of RR, in which case no one specifically took his place.

Were there two Tourneys held at Lannisport? Once during Aerys reign and during Roberts?

yeap. The first was to honor Aerys and allow Tywin to propose wedding Rhaegar & Cersei. The second was to celebrate victory over Greyjoy.

Are the House Blackwood words that I keep seeing, "The Old Gods Hear You", just made up by HBO or did I miss something in the books somewhere?

It's not in any of the ASOIAF books, but I have only read the first Dunk & Egg book so it might appear in either of the others or it was just HBO.

It's not in any of the ASOIAF books, but I have only read the first Dunk & Egg book so it might appear in either of the others or it was just HBO.

With that said, the show writers would get something like that from GRRM. I don't see them making up house words on their own without GRRM approving. GRRM has note cards on the houses he's created, and lots of them have words that have never made it into the books, so my guess is that's where the HBO folks got it from. I'd also suspect a World of Ice and Fire to publish a lot of this information for public consumption.

In the HotU, one wizard said to Dany, "Shall we teach you the secret speech of dragonkind?" Is it possible HotU warlocks (with the aid of their magic) know how to train/command a dragon? But most knowledge used by Valyrian dragonlords were lost in the doom...

Archived