The Contemptible Library

thistlepong

Please share the opinions, politics, and actions of authors so that I, and possibly others, might avoid them, or not, as the case may be. Specifics are helpful. While noted pundit Spuds MacKenzie is clearly on the payroll of a major brewing concern, I'd rather hear about that time he savaged two Martian children. Links would be even better. Can you show the mugshot and animal control photo, the transcript of the interstellar court decision?

Think of this as a tool. Heck, think of me as a tool if necessary. Don't be afraid to share what you find unpleasant. This is political correctness gone mad. ie it has no moral center.

Huh?

I own books by author's I find repugnant. I'm not sure what you're attempting to accomplish with this thread.

Author bashing, plain and simple. Don't like an author? Name him/her, say why, done. I've never really cared before but after learning of the actions/antics of the three I named, I can assure you that I would never purchase one of their books, not that Stanek would ever write anything even worth pissing on.

Huh?

I own books by author's I find repugnant. I'm not sure what you're attempting to accomplish with this thread.

The thread is tongue in cheek. The bit about the martian children is kind of a giveaway. :P (see?)

Please share the opinions, politics, and actions of authors so that I, and possibly others, might avoid them, or not, as the case may be

i love one-starring a book that other people love on goodreads as much as the next asshole, but i always urge that such things be read, especially by persons for whom the text or author might be ideologically antithetical.

accordingly i likwise urge this thread into dialectical literary confrontations.

Archived