Mark Gatiss on Game of Thrones

Westeros

Since Rorge is reappearing, we can guess that Brienne's storyline from Feast will be at least partially shown during season 4, so the possibility of them casting Randyll is quite real.

Unless they use the Rorge character in Arya's storyline instead.

This may be a long shot, but what if Mark Gatiss = Euron Greyjoy?

Think about it: they have to kill off Balon soon, which directly brings Euron into the series. He's a minor-major character (supposedly important but we don't necessarily see a lot of him) which could account for a short shooting schedule.

While I don't know if Mark Gatiss would be an obvious choice for the character, I think he'd do a great job if cast as such. From the Wiki (awoiaf.westeros.org > Euron Greyjoy):

Euron is pale and handsome with black hair and a dark beard. He wears a patch over his left eye, and is nicknamed "Crow's Eye".

According to his nephew, Theon, the patch conceals a "black eye shining with malice"[2]. His right eye is as blue as summer sky and is regarded as his "smiling eye". In addition, his lips are a pale blue, due to his propensity to drink shade of the evening. See also this collection of images.

He is a wildly unpredictable man, known for his delight in playing vicious mind games and waging psychological warfare on anyone around him. He is hated by all his brothers for this reason. He is a skilled warrior and manipulator, and is cunning, shrewd and ruthless.

To me, he never seemed to be an overly physical character (which Victarion would be), more a cunning, cold-blooded guy. From both Sherlock and his cameos on Being Human, we know Gatiss has played this character before. Also, on both those shows he has relatively little hair and makeup done. Perhaps he considers a black wig and fake beard to be 'crazy hair'?

Also relating to the not-very-physical idea, again from the wiki:

Euron had Baelor Blacktyde killed when the man refused to accept him as his king.

He had him killed. Didn't kill him himself. So, we know he is a 'skilled warrior', but prefers not to get his hands dirty. More of a strategist. I think that's a part Mark Gatiss can play very well :)

I can't really see it. Not only is Euron portrayed as handsome and young-looking, Mark Gatiss seems too soft for a pirate who has supposedly sailed around the most dangerous places the known world can offer. He'd look better as a sly noble, which is somewhat the part he plays in Sherlock.

I can't really see it. Not only is Euron portrayed as handsome and young-looking, Mark Gatiss seems too soft for a pirate who has supposedly sailed around the most dangerous places the known world can offer. He'd look better as a sly noble, which is somewhat the part he plays in Sherlock.

He'd have made a brilliant Roose(the one they are doing is also brilliant)

Hope they don't make him Mance. It's an important part of the character that he's fat and unimpressive.

Agree with this. He's just too soft looking for a role like Euron.

Actually the power of make up is really surprising. With a wig and an eye-patch, he can totally look like euron, plus i think around the first episodes of the season , we would hear about balon greyjoy's death. foreshadowing joffery's wedding(because of the leeches and what not). i believe it wil prepare the audience for episode 4 , the purple wedding.

I could see them showing just a few seconds of Bloodraven for this season. It would be kind of like one of those Avengers style bonus scenes for the fans. There is enough Bran material to stretch out for one season. They had him do practically nothing all of season 3. Coldhands and the others should suffice for most of season 4. They can extend Bran's training for Season 5 and in that way we can have Ned Stark cameos for season 5. We may even get to see some Winds of Winter Bran storyline in season 5 or 6.

I think he could be Joncon, he has the look...It wouldnt be too far of a stretch to introduce that storyline next season and give it a little bit of off page background...i mean, who else would they need/want to keep secret?

SPOILERS**

assuming the tyrion trial is at the end of the season...the latest they would have to cast joncon is season 5...might as well give him an extra season and make that storyline more fresh in the watchers minds

I think he could be Joncon, he has the look...It wouldnt be too far of a stretch to introduce that storyline next season and give it a little bit of off page background...i mean, who else would they need/want to keep secret?

Actors cost money though, so if you can avoid one for a season, you may as well. Witness Mace Tyrell, the Reeds, Ramsay etc.

I could see them showing just a few seconds of Bloodraven for this season. It would be kind of like one of those Avengers style bonus scenes for the fans. There is enough Bran material to stretch out for one season. They had him do practically nothing all of season 3. Coldhands and the others should suffice for most of season 4. They can extend Bran's training for Season 5 and in that way we can have Ned Stark cameos for season 5. We may even get to see some Winds of Winter Bran storyline in season 5 or 6.

Really? IIRC after crossing the wall Bran have two scene before reaching The Cave: one in the woods and another is the one where The Others are attacking his group,

Really? IIRC after crossing the wall Bran have two scene before reaching The Cave: one in the woods and another is the one where The Others are attacking his group,

Well there is a lot of action and introduction of new characters/areas before meeting Bloodraven himself. This can take time on screen even if it didn't fill many pages in the book. There are also some implied scenes that we could see more directly. Considering that they had a season with Meera and Osha skinning rabbits and feuding that led nowhere, I think the "filler" beyond the wall could be far more fascinating. A lot of the battle can be reworked to stretch over an entire season. Considering how big he is in the show and how he is being transported, the nature of some of the fighting will have to change.

Archived