Mark Gatiss on Game of Thrones

Westeros

He has to be Aeron.

His acting tradition and most of his comedy work are monolouge based.

Even when he's speaking to others Aeron comes across as if he's speaking to himself.

Also Gatiss is briliant at the 'sunden realisation of own downfall' face (Mr Chinnary the vet in League of Gentlemen etc). I can just see that face during the kingsmoot when they shout for Euron!

This could turn out to be one of the best casting in the series if it is him, just hope he's not Euron that wouldn't work at all.

You know, if Bloodraven is in this season, and assuming that Bran's story isn't gonna stray too far from what George has in mind for the books... We're gonna get TWOW spoilers by season 5 at the latest.

Exactly, Bloodraven is super unlikely.

There will be more than enaugh stuff from the rest of ASOS to fill the next season. Maybe they'll push something back to season 5, and include some stuff from AFFC/ADWD... but introducing Bloodraven at this point, seriously?

ADWD only has 3 Bran chapters. So, "delay" is the answer, not "make haste."

Exactly, Bloodraven is super unlikely.

I'd say the reverse. Nothing else would serve as a noteworthy finale for the character in season 4 apart from actually meeting Bloodraven. The meat of that would be in season 5, of course, but this is pretty obviously a small role, so that fits what we know about Gatiss' filming schedule.

He is already beyond the wall, there is no way that he can just keep running around there for more than one season. Bran will reach the cave at least by the end of season 4. The entirety of the Bloodraven stuff can be extended through all of season 5. They can add onto the training sections, Bloodraven is obviously extremely knowledgeable so he can teach Bran all about the history of Westeros. He can talk about Blackfyre rebellion and many other things. This will also give them a chance to do some very important cameos in season 5. In season 6 we will probably get some Winds of Winter spoilers. We are likely to find out what happened in the cave and the whole paste situation before Winds of Winter is released. The way they are accelerating Bran's story indicates to me that something big is about to happen in that cave that wasn't shown in the books.

I hope they don't mash up Victarion/Damphair/Euron all into one character. I'd love to see all three but understand if they try to trim them down to two. I'd hate to see the Ironborn story get sliced and diced on the show due to being introduced later on in the books.

That's kind of exactly what I see happening, no Kingsmoot, Asha/Yara's main story becomes trying to rescue her brother, for no other reason than he's her brother.

Victarion/Damphair/Euron all as one character, seeking out Dany to take her dragons with the horn.

That's kind of exactly what I see happening, no Kingsmoot, Asha/Yara's main story becomes trying to rescue her brother, for no other reason than he's her brother.

Victarion/Damphair/Euron all as one character, seeking out Dany to take her dragons with the horn.

I am convinced that Mark is playing Damphair, and they can't possibly cut out both Vic and Euron. That would be idiotic.

No, they could streach out his meeting with Leaf and the other Children of the Forest a bit. That's pretty big in itself.

This is what I was thinking. Season 4 could end with Bran meeting Leaf and saying "she's a child of the forest," which should come as a decent shock to viewers. That way, they don't have to introduce Bloodraven until Season 5, and buy Bran's storyline some time.

This response is based purely on my love of 'The League of Gentleman' and what type of character I think he'd play well. He'd be a great Patchface.

ETA: Actually, based on physical description and past characters played, Steve Pemberton would be a better Patchface. However, I think all the LoG main cast should take on a jester role each.

I'm sure Mark Gatiss is part of Bran's story. He's either Coldhands or Bloodraven - most likely Bloodraven. He could also be part of Arya's story line, but to be honest, I am hoping that they do not advance too much on Arya's story.

def merrett frey. why would they keep his role a secret

Yeah, I understand why people are suggesting this, but I'd be really surprised if they cast someone as recognised and talented as Mark Gatiss just to play a doomed Frey. In this case for once it would be better surely to combine certain Frey family members and use a familiar actor from the RW to face UnCat.

Then give Gatiss some more substantial material, preferably the darker stuff he does so well. I'm not sure why they would bother keeping quiet if it was part of the Iron Island plot, so Bloodraven seems most likely to me.

I hope they don't mash up Victarion/Damphair/Euron all into one character. I'd love to see all three but understand if they try to trim them down to two. I'd hate to see the Ironborn story get sliced and diced on the show due to being introduced later on in the books.

I'm not sure why people think the Ironborn storyline is going to be chopped in the series. It's fricking critical to the overall story. Victarion and Euron are pretty major characters. One of them is probably coming home with Dany and/or dragons.

Yeah, I understand why people are suggesting this, but I'd be really surprised if they cast someone as recognised and talented as Mark Gatiss just to play a doomed Frey. In this case for once it would be better surely to combine certain Frey family members and use a familiar actor from the RW to face UnCat.

Then give Gatiss some more substantial material, preferably the darker stuff he does so well. I'm not sure why they would bother keeping quiet if it was part of the Iron Island plot, so Bloodraven seems most likely to me.

yea those are good points but i just feel like it's too early to introduce bloodraven into the storyline.

Archived