Mark Gatiss on Game of Thrones

Westeros

Well, that's disappointing. I was really hoping he'd turn out to be the Damphair.

But hey, the silver lining is that we have Mycroft on Game of Thrones. And that he's gonna have scenes with Stannis eventually. So I guess it's OK.

Damphair seems a good possibility. I can't see all three remaining Greyjoy brothers being merged into one, but maybe Vic and Euron?

The rivalry between Victarion and Euron is probably the most important plot arc in the whole Ironborn arc. If they merge the two characters, how would that work? Unless they plan on writing a character who has DID, they would have to scrap the whole subplot which might prove very important later on.

I guess we can assume he will have King's Landing scenes, maybe with Tyrion (if its prior to his arrest) or maybe with Cersei. Perhaps he will go to Dragonstone and give the three main cast members there, Dillane, Cunningham and Van Houten something to do before their absence leading up to the Battle of the Wall. Add in a nautical scene with Arya at the end of the season and you have enough for a memorable guest appearance.

Well that's one character I can see pulled forward.

I wonder what they will do with his hat? They have had a tendency to make some of George's more stream-of-conciseness flourishes more subdued, but that's ok.

Only George would take a 'fantasy-modest' story and put in a bank! ... a banker! I know of no fantasy work that has a bank and banker!! ... by the by there is even an insurance agent later too!

Only George would take a 'fantasy-modest' story and put in a bank! ... a banker! I know of no fantasy work that has a bank and banker!! ... by the by there is even an insurance agent later too!

Harry Potter has bankers. It's really not uncommon.

Glad to see Tycho's making the cut and I'm hoping they make him memorable. Seems they're keeping the beard.

I expect he'll turn up in KL to begin with and then in S5 make his way to the Wall to deal with Stannis.

Ooo I like this! I have a feeling D&D took a gander at fan debate and are now going "psych!"

They can merge him with the other banker, and maybe even make him the Braavosi who takes Arya across the sea. Even in canon he seems to get from place to place extremely quickly. Oh, then he can chat with Stannis. It's going to be awesome when he brings Theon and Jeyne to Asha.

As for bankers in fantasy, there was a Raymond E. Feist novel where one of the characters is a merchant whose badassery comes from him predicting the grain market.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived