What moments moved you the most on the show?

Eric Hewitt

Arya's "young wolf" speech to Tywin et al is the scene that has moved me the most in the show.

Yes. I loved that, watching it now after the RW is really endearing...

In season 3 I think Dany's speech to the Unsullied before and after the taking of Astapor was really good one.

My pick is weirdly meta.

I was obviously struck by Catelyn during the RW, but what really choked me up was a RW reaction vid. Unlike most reaction vids, this one wasn't so much about the shock as it was about someone who was genuinely emotional about what she was witnissing. Very understated and sad. She must be a good person (the one on the right):

Oh, there were so many. Here are my top picks and my reactions:

Season 1 (had not yet read the books):

- Dead stag and direwolf. "The direwolf is the sigil of your house" - Oh, f***

- "The things I do for love" - What? Oh no... oh no no...

- Summer tearing out the assassin's throat. - I LOVE those wolfs!

- The "conversation" between Dany, Irri and Rakharo, when Viserys threatens Dany - comedy gold.

- Cersei and Robert about their marriage - ouch, lol, ouch, what a happy couple...

- Lady's death - No!!!

- Ned's face when he watches Arya "dance" - all the foreshadowing!

- Ned's "Baelor" - *heart breaks* (Oddly enough, the execution itself was not that horrible to me)

- Birth of dragons - Awesome!

Season 2 (having read the books):

- The murder of the king's bastards - I love to hate Joffrey

- Theon's betrayal - I hate Theon, I hate his father and I want Pyke to sink beneath the waves. Good riddance.

- Rodrik's death - *heart breaks again* (strangely enough, I didn't care for him at all in the books)

- any and all scenes with Arya and Jaqen - a viewer is very, very pleased.

- riot of King's Landing - have had to many brushes with psychos in real life to find Sansa's scene anything but nauseous

- the battle of the Blackwater - awesome! Oh no! Oh god... please stop...

- House of the Undying - biggest disappointment of the series

Season3:

- Queenscrown: "She looks sharp..." - You know a show is good when a random extra breaks your heart.

- attack of Summer and Shaggydog - At last some direwolf action!

- moving chairs on the council - LOL! Oh, Tyrion, you sly fox...

- Jaimie losing his hand - At last he got what was coming to him... and I love the mood whiplash!

- Cersei's reaction to her planned wedding - Gut-wrenching and oddly satisfying at the same time.

- Any scene with Oleanna - I love the Queen of Thorns!

- Sansa's wedding - I will gladly help Tyrion geld Joffrey.

- The Red Wedding - *hides under blanket* I knew this was coming and even so I felt aweful throughout the scene. Especially Greywind's death and RobbWind. Especially considering how lighthearted and funny the episode had been until then. Speaking of which...

- Lord Frey presenting his daughters - Funniest scene in season 3.

- Missandei's translation - Oh so familiar... (I'm a translator myself and I do work in customer support :))

- "Dracarys!" - Awesome!

- "Myhsa!" - I've changed my mind about the House of the Undying. This was the most hilariously disappointing season finale I could have imagined.

This. It was Rickon's first proper part and out of nowhere he was amazing. Everyone who said people were exaggerating and Art Parkinson wasn't that good has no heart.

Also I was going to ask the other day where The Duke of J-Town had gone, then realised he was here the whole time! Nice new name and avatar, it was almost as though your writing style had changed as well.

LOL! That's hilarious, I didn't realize I had left an impression on anyone. I have to say now that this is the most touching Game of Thrones moment for me this year, haha.

My pick is weirdly meta.

I was obviously struck by Catelyn during the RW, but what really choked me up was a RW reaction vid. Unlike most reaction vids, this one wasn't so much about the shock as it was about someone who was genuinely emotional about what she was witnissing. Very understated and sad. She must be a good person (the one on the right):

http://youtu.be/mq9LeaJQQ5g

Damn you!! I'm all tears now..that lady needs a hug so bad...

So many.

As someone wrote: And finally the moment that really hit me hardest was when Theon was crying and told Ramsey "My real father died at Kings Landing"

Ned using his last seconds of life to make sure Arya didn't see the execution and was under the protection of Yoren.

Rickon and Bran's farewell.

Jaime's explanation to Brienne of what really happened when he killed Aerys.

Ned's reluctance at killing Lady, the way he petted her first. Anyone who's watched a pet euthanised understands this.

Cat and Robb when they hear of Ned's death.

Sansa's hesitant admission that Joffrey is a monster.

Tyrion's reaction to Tywin's telling him about wanting to drown him as a baby.

Davos recognizing his first letters and realising he could learn to read.

Cat's admission she'd been needlessly unkind to Jon as kid and that the gods were punishing her.

Robb's bannermen proclaiming "The king in th North".

Dany's emergence from the pyre with her dragons, and Jorah saying "Blood of my blood".

"I only know she was the one thing I ever wanted. Someone took her away from me and seven kingdoms couldn't fill the hole she left behind"

You could offer me a thousand dollars to NOT cry during that scene and I would still lose the bet, even if I've watched it 100 times previously. Mark Addy is my favorite actor in the show. You wouldn't think Robert would come across the TV well and have much depth ( without the books) but Mark did an unbelievable job! I wonder if he read the books:)

Arya wanting to save her father during his execution but Yoren got her and made her not to look..

Hot Pie saying his goodbye to Arya and Gendry..

Jaime broken and telling Brienne how he became a kingslayer.

Catelyn pleading and saying, "Please.." and Robb's last word, "Mother" at the Red Wedding :crying:

Theon and Maester Luwin scene... and the speech following immediatly after !

Oh, and the whole : "I hate cats" speech about Storm's End Siege !

Ha you know I never realized how metaphorical that speech was and that the cats and dogs probably represent Lannisters and Starks.

Robert & Ned in the crypts talking about Lyanna

Robert & Cersei discussing their marriage, when Robert simply says, "No."

Tyrion's story about Tysha

Ned's death and Arya being there

Rodrik's death, "I'm going to see your father"

When Luwin gets stabbed by the Iron born (hadn't read the books until after season 2, this was probably the biggest shock i had up to this point, since I had known going in Ned would die due to spoilers).

When Luwin dies, asking Osha to end it

Battle of the Blackwater, specifically Davos' ships getting blown up and his son's dying, Tyrion's speech "If I'm half a man than what does that say of you?" Tyrion getting attacked. Cersei nearly killing Tommen.

Arya asking Thoros if she can bring a man with no head, just once. Saying there is only one God, death.

Arya's goodbye to Hot Pie.

Red Wedding.

Jaime broken and telling Brienne how he became a kingslayer

To me, it was not that scene itself but the "Ser Jaime" that came afterwards, once he promises Brienne he'll keep her promise to return the Stark girls to their mother.

It looked like both of them were about to cry and, for some reason, I found it their most moving moment up to date.

I would say...

1. Robb and Cat's reaction to hearing Neds death. "I'll kill them all."

2. Theon and Balon argument.

3. Maester Luwin's death :(

4. Theon kills rodirc "I'm off to see your father.

5. Theon admitting his mistake. "My real father died in Kings Landing."

6. Arya saying bye to Gendry "I could be your family."

7. Jon's goodbye to Ygritte "You know nothing Jon Snow"

8. Jamie's bathtub speech

9 Red wedding "...mother" duhh

Archived