If Stannis won the blackwater...

This all stems from when I was playing crusader kings 2 mod as Stannis and then I won the blackwater and took the Iron Throne and later Robb Stark bent the knee and it was all fine and dandy

If Stannis won the blackwater, would Robb have bent the knee to Stannis?

Arguments for: Robb was fighting for justice against what happened to Eddard, this fight was against the lannisters, not Stannis

Robb, at this stage, was fighting a war on two fronts as the ironborn had already invaded the north by then

Houses baratheon and stark have always been friends

Arguments against: The north was obsessed with independence and all of robb's nobles would've said no

Robb doesn't know stannis, only his reputations which was soured over how he supposedly murdered Renly

maybe stannis doesn't want him to bend the knee as he won't abide rebels and traitors

This all stems from when I was playing crusader kings 2 mod as Stannis and then I won the blackwater and took the Iron Throne and later Robb Stark bent the knee and it was all fine and dandy

If Stannis won the blackwater, would Robb have bent the knee to Stannis?

Arguments for: Robb was fighting for justice against what happened to Eddard, this fight was against the lannisters, not Stannis

Robb, at this stage, was fighting a war on two fronts as the ironborn had already invaded the north by then

Houses baratheon and stark have always been friends

Arguments against: The north was obsessed with independence and all of robb's nobles would've said no

Robb doesn't know stannis, only his reputations which was soured over how he supposedly murdered Renly

maybe stannis doesn't want him to bend the knee as he won't abide rebels and traitors

Robb would have to bend the Knee at some point,he didn't have the man power to do much damage.

and the last point is just plain wrong Stannis allowed the people who followed Renly to bend and knee.

It would depend. I don't think Robb would ever bend the knee to a southern king unless the southern fights were really one sided. So, if Stannis won the Blackwater but the Lannisters and Tyrells remained defiant? No. If Stannis somehow united the majority of the south? Yes.

He offered to forgive Renly, he forgave the Stormlords, he was willing to forgive Penrose, he was going to forgive all the lords and knights at Bitterbridge, he forgave Davos for taking Edric away, he forgave the Mormont's and mountain clans and was willing to forgive almost all the northern lords.

He would forgive Robb.

That's an interesting question. We know Stannis viewed Robb as a traitor once he accepted the title tKitN. As such, Stannis considered Robb an enemy. Even if Robb had "bent the knee" to him, I have to think Stannis would still punish Robb for his transgression (the good does not wash out the bad . . .) Perhaps Stannis would have taken Robb's heir as his hostage/ward, like Ned did with Theon after Balon's rebellion?

Robb would never bend the knee after crown.

So after conquer of KL, Stannis would attack Robb too. This mean Tywin went after Robb, and he capture him as well. With this Lannisters are done for it. There is only Daven left i suppose and he has no enough army to avenge. So there will be war between Stannis and Robb. Who would win ? It is hard to say.

Stannis forgave the Stormlords that sided with Renly, I'd think he'd forgive Robb. Especially since him and Robb never directly fought each other. Robb would get Sansa back, but it would be upon his bending the knee.

Stannis would never offer that empty title bullshit Renly was proposing though. If he became King and Robb bent the knee, he'd be Lord Paramount, no empty title of King for him.

I think Stannis could have forgiven Robb:

“These pardoned lords would do well to reflect on that. Good men and true will fight for Joffrey, wrongly believing him the true king. A northman might even say the same of Robb Stark. But these lords who flocked to my brother’s banners knew him for a usurper. They turned their backs on their rightful king for no better reason than dreams of power and glory, and I have marked them for what they are.

He's an ideologue, but he's not completely inflexible. He can understand that people might disagree with him without being pure evil.

If Robb bent the knee without losing then he'd be forgiven killing him or making him take the black would just make the North take up arms again. If Joffrey and co are killed by Stannis then I can see the Lannisters fighting him possible Tywin would go independent himself, the Tyrell's would have little to fight for without a Joffrey/Maergary wedding but they also don't like Stannis so would remain neutral probably same with the Vale. I think Dorne might side with Stannis to fight the Lannisters once the balance of power has shifted but they are just as likely to continue scheming for Dany to take the throne with Quentyn.

So Stannis wins but the fight isn't over it's mainly Stormlands v Westerlands so the North has everything to gain by continuing their pursuit of independence.

I wonder with Joffrey dead by Stannis's hand on not Robb's and Tywin entering rebellion if the two sides would then join up against Stannis.

Archived