If Rhaegar won and Lyanna survived, would Dorne be threatened, and would they justified in feeling that way?

The Frosted King

Eddard Stark and Robert Baratheon would be dead .Benjen and Stannis dead(see defiance of Dustendale). The Freys would be in charge of the Riverlands . Jon Snow would be called Eddard Snow and Rhaegar would be put to death for treason . Young Aegon would be the new heir apparent Dorne would love that.

Stark family just gets destroyed? Harsh. Also, Jon Snow would probably be Viserys Snow if he's named by Rhaegar. Dorne would have to be promised that he won't be in the line of succesion.

Rhaegar marrying Lyanna would have destroyed the old Targ-Martell alliance, yes, but it wouldn't have been beyond rapprochement. A wise King/Hand could have negotiated Daenerys or Viserys to marry a Martell.

No juice, after crap load of Targ on Targ violence on their history the only to make any sane lord like Doran feel safe is to marry Jon to a Martell underling or Oberyn's daughters.

I think this would have ended up in a "Dance of the Dragons" remake.. without dragons that is.

Jon Targaryen fighting Aegon Targaryen for Late King Rhaegar's crown.

Actually it'd be more like a Blackfyre rebellion kinda civil war.. where the late king (Rhaegar) would have favored one of his sons over his firstborne heir (on the account of the prophesy and Jon being the Song of Ice and Fire)

I don't think Ned would have died, that is Lyanna's brother I doubt Rhaegar would kill the brother of the woman he loved.

Also isn't there more of a chance that if there is a fight for that ugly crown between any of Rhaegar's children it would be between Aegon and Rhaenys.

I mean they would be half Dornish and their mother's culture would have Rhaenys ahead of Aegon for that crown. Any Dornish person could talk to Rhaenys or someone else about how Rhaenys is the first born and therefore is the rightful heir to the throne. I know Arienne was already there when she said Myrcella was the rightful queen because she was born before Tommen and should become queen and is the rightful ruler. There would always be that chance that a Dornish man/woman could say that among Rhaenys and another Dance of the Dragons is born.

I don't think Ned would have died, that is Lyanna's brother I doubt Rhaegar would kill the brother of the woman he loved.

He would have to kill him. Ned was a rebel and traitor to the crown. Rhaegar sparing Ned because he's Lyanna's brother would be the first sign of how unjust of a ruler he may be.

Also isn't there more of a chance that if there is a fight for that ugly crown between any of Rhaegar's children it would be between Aegon and Rhaenys.

I mean they would be half Dornish and their mother's culture would have Rhaenys ahead of Aegon for that crown. Any Dornish person could talk to Rhaenys or someone else about how Rhaenys is the first born and therefore is the rightful heir to the throne. I know Arienne was already there when she said Myrcella was the rightful queen because she was born before Tommen and should become queen and is the rightful ruler. There would always be that chance that a Dornish man/woman could say that among Rhaenys and another Dance of the Dragons is born.

Hardly. The fight for the ugly crown is between Houses, not individuals.

Arianne was hardly any Dornish woman. She had the authority to actually offer something besides sweet words. And she did not support Myrcella just because. She had an agenda of her own. Dorne has no interest supporting one of Elia's children against the other. Aegon serves them just as fine as Rhaenys. The North, the Riverlands, and the Vale, on the other hand, can offer the support of men and strength to Jon and that's what matters.

That's why siring children by different mothers has the potential to be more dangerous than if the children have the same mother. Because a noble mother can summon the support of her own family for her son.

After the Hightowers, I imagine any house, even the Martells and their region as a whole, would at the very least be wary of Lyanna and her child(ren). At the most, the Faceless Men are getting called and House Tyrell is replaced by House Stark as the Martell's rivals.

I think they'd be completely justified in at least being wary of Lyanna. I mean, her father had some pretty clear ambitions considering the marriages he set up. How could they know whether or not she took after dear old dad or not? Plus, Lyanna was willful. Willful women tend to be ambitious as well, and from what we've seen, ambitious women are dangerous. If I was a Martell, I would being keeping a very, very close eye on Lyanna.

Rhaegar marries Lyanna.

How? They're both already married. It's very hard to get a marriage annulled in Westeros and yeah even if he somehow got that recognized Dorne would be justifiably very pissed. I think Tywin or Varys or someone would say like "Have your fun with her or whatever but don't try to marry her." Hopefully he would listen.

Hardly. The fight for the ugly crown is between Houses, not individuals.

Arianne was hardly any Dornish woman. She had the authority to actually offer something besides sweet words. And she did not support Myrcella just because. She had an agenda of her own. Dorne has no interest supporting one of Elia's children against the other. Aegon serves them just as fine as Rhaenys. The North, the Riverlands, and the Vale, on the other hand, can offer the support of men and strength to Jon and that's what matters.

The Dance of the Dragons was a fight between individuals, siblings and so was the Blackfrye Rebellion.

And Arianne actually believed that Myrcella's claim was better than Tommen because she was older. There is always a chance that siblings could fight over inheritance, Jon would not be the only threat to Aegon's claim Rhaenys could also.

And the another have never shown any interest in that ugly crown I don't know why they would start because Lyanna has a son by the future queen. Seriously what could Jon do for the Northmen as King?

The Dance of the Dragons was a fight between individuals, siblings and so was the Blackfrye Rebellion.

And Arianne actually believed that Myrcella's claim was better than Tommen because she was older. There is always a chance that siblings could fight over inheritance, Jon would not be the only threat to Aegon's claim Rhaenys could also.

And the another have never shown any interest in that ugly crown I don't know why they would start because Lyanna has a son by the future queen. Seriously what could Jon do for the Northmen as King?

Arianne believed that Myrcella's claim was better than Tommen but she supported it because it suited her own purposes, not because of that belief.

The chance of siblings fighting over inheritance always exist but who would be the greater threat to Aegon - Jon, who's related to three Great Houses, or Rhaenys whose claim is recognized by Dorne alone and Dorne has no interest supporting her over Aegon? That's if we don't take into account that Elia would have no interest supporting either of her children over the other one. Lyanna would have all the interest in the world supporting her child(ren) against Elia's Aegon.

What could Jon do for the North as King? Are you serious? Posts, offices, satisfying ambitions?

What could Jon do for the North as King? Are you serious? Posts, offices, satisfying ambitions?

I'm serious when have the North shown any interest in the Iron Throne let alone the South besides marriages?

Even when Robb was marching on the Iron Throne no Northenmen showed any interest in it or Robb claiming it for himself. A few post is what they will get but beyond that seriously how will Jon help the North in the long run because the North is focused on running their lands and getting prepared for Winter I doubt Jon could do much from a chair having to focus on Kings Landing, petty lords squabbling over land, corruption in court, Targaryens, Martells and other things.

Not everyone is interested in that ugly chair and there hasn't been any mention when the North has or had any interest in it.

I'm serious when have the North shown any interest in the Iron Throne let alone the South besides marriages?

Even when Robb was marching on the Iron Throne no Northenmen showed any interest in it or Robb claiming it for himself. A few post is what they will get but beyond that seriously how will Jon help the North in the long run because the North is focused on running their lands and getting prepared for Winter I doubt Jon could do much from a chair having to focus on Kings Landing, petty lords squabbling over land, corruption in court, Targaryens, Martells and other things.

Not everyone is interested in that ugly chair and there hasn't been any mention when the North has or had any interest in it.

Robb wasn't looking to get the throne, his bannermen, being greedy fucks, used every opportunity they could in Robb's power. Now Jon that put them on the top is around, they go insane.

Robb wasn't looking to get the throne, his bannermen, being greedy fucks, used every opportunity they could in Robb's power. Now Jon that put them on the top is around, they go insane.

No Robb wasn't and the Norhtmen who were on his counsel didn't even point it out to him, they didn't think twice about the Iron Thron and taking it.

How would they be greedy though?

They don't need land, most of the Northerners have lived in the North for thousands of years and have seats there, they are content there.

Honestly the North don't seem ambitious when it comes to the throne.

Rickard seemed to be trying to put an end to the North's isolation - and in quite an ambitious way! Doesn't look like he was in for the weddings alone. By this logic, why bother with them at all if there was nothing for the North in it?

And in the scenario when everyone survives, Rickard would be the one in charge.

Rickard seemed to be trying to put an end to the North's isolation - and in quite an ambitious way! Doesn't look like he was in for the weddings alone. By this logic, why bother with them at all if there was nothing for the North in it?

And in the scenario when everyone survives, Rickard would be the one in charge.

Rickard wasn't going for the throne just great houses marriages for his children, he was probably like Hoster Tully.

Rickard seemed to want to put an end to the Stark's isolation, the Northern lords seem content in their place in Westerosi.

• 3 months later...

The northmen pushed political weight of Robb's crown in his domain once in power, such as Manderly and Crowseye using it for control of land.

Never said Robb was going for the throne.

Because then had any chance to get it.

I'm of the opinion that Elia was not opposed to Rhaegar having another child after she was no longer safely able to have children. In fact, I think she suggested her best friend, Ashara Dayne. However, Ashara was impregnated and had a miscarriage by another man, and Rhaegar decided to search out another person to give birth to the 3rd head of the dragon. Rhaegar went to Lyanna, who he felt an attraction for and who he respected after he discovered she was the Knight of the Laughing Tree. So, I think Elia may have been okay with Rhaegar taking a second wife.

It's only rumour that Ashara was impregnated, miscarried, and committed suicide. No one confirmed it and a body was never found, I'm hoping that (f)Aegon is R+A and that Jon Snow actually is a Stark bastard.

Archived