Robert's Bastards

repbypop

What roles robert's bastards are supposed to play to the upcoming books. I'm talking about Edric, Gendry and Mya. For Mya, i think she will help Sansa in her power struggle against Littlefinger, the two became close and she can be a important ally for Sansa. I think they will be the female version of Robert/Ned. But for Edric and Gendry, i don't see how they will contribute to the storyline. What your thoughts ?

Mya will continue to help bring food to the Eyrie.

Edric is gone from the story, never to return or else he'll burn.

Gendry will continue to smith for the Brotherhood until his services are no longer needed.

The whore in the Stoney Sept will never know she flirted with her own half-brother. Hopefully that was all they've done.

Edric is gone, man. There's no reason to think he or his guardians would deem it wise to return to Westeros while Stannis is still calling himself a king.

The reason I think that is become the shows Gendry seems to be getting a bigger role, and he is also Edric in the show.

I try to resist the urge to use the show to make book predictions. They probably gave Gendry the Edric role for practical reasons. It's safer to rely on an existing popular character and actor than create and cast a new character on a show that already has too many.

I think Mya will have a good sized role in Sansa's arc.

I'm almost sure Edric has played his part to its end already.

I would like to see Gendry again, and we very well may. But I tend to think it won't be in any substantial role. Just a small cameo. Or he won't appear at all. Whatever the case, his importance seems to have passed.

I think they will all serve big purposes. Maya will be a big part of Sansa's story arc. Gendry I believe will continue his work in the BWB and possibly become their leader once his identity is discovered; I can see him with a war hammer in hand fighting against Aegon. As for Edric, I believe his purpose will be to continue the Baratheon family line after Stannis and Shireen die. Edric will eventually be Lord Baratheon.

Edric is gone, man. There's no reason to think he or his guardians would deem it wise to return to Westeros while Stannis is still calling himself a king.

Both Aegon and Daenerys are going to need someone to install at Storm´s End. Simply forfeiting it to the Crown and annexing Stormlands to Crownlands under appointed castellans would be unpopular... as would installing a Lord by royal fiat with no shred of genealogical claim. Stannis if alive far away in North would hardly bend knee to Aegon. Shireen might, but will Queen Regent Selyse haul her back south to bend her knees to Aegon&Jon? Tommen and Myrcella have an obvious claim, and Tyrells and Martells may be demanding Stormlands as their price for giving up Iron Throne, but is Jon inclined to leave ex-King or his sister ruling Stormlands?

Legitimation of Edric does require that Robert is recognized as having a legal claim to Stormlands. Aerys and Merryweather presumably declared that forfeit early in Robellion, so Jon and Aegon have to reverse that as well... But considering that Golden Company has contacts in Essos, more so than Daenerys personally, are there good chances Edric follows Aegon or is brought to him?

Who going to legitimize Edric ?

I think it might be Dany, when she's making her way back to Westeros, with Tyrion, and they'll stop by in Lys and Tyrion will get Dany to legitimise him, to use him as a puppet when they get back.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/Valyria_related_Subjects

Gendry's ultimate role is probably to reforge Ice. The Brotherhood already has one of the two pieces.

I really want Ice reforged and given back to the Starks.

Archived