Dany wouldn't be hated if GRRM had kept the 5-year gap

Did I say Stannis was a badass?

Do you not understand what BAMF stands for?

But if you wanna go there he ends up killing that brother who betrayed him, ya know, actually doing something about his problem not demanding them WITH FIRE AND BLOOD. Oh man...he showed remorse, WHAT AN ASSHOLE. And again, Stannis actually does something about his problems when it comes to the throne rather than sitting around halfway across the world melancholic and angry about them. And ya know what, he is a badass, battle of the wall, king who cared, liberating the north, he's like the anti-thesis of Dany in that he actually is doing something.

I know, it's not like Dany has conquered anything, gained an army, or has actually ruled as a monarch right? I can't remember a single battle Dany planned and later won.

Well I don't have my books, so no quotes for me, but Dracarys and the Fighting Pit outrank all of those in terms of badassery.

When the enemy chants your name in fear, it means you are top dog. For further consideration.

What does Stannis offer you? Vengeance. Vengeance for my sons and yours, for your husbands and your fathers and your brothers. Vengeance for your murdered lord, your murdered king, your butchered princes. Vengeance!

I have felt from the beggining that Stannis was a greater threat then all the others combined.-Tywin Lannister

Did I say Stannis was a badass? But if you wanna go there he ends up killing that brother who betrayed him, ya know, actually doing something about his problem not demanding them WITH FIRE AND BLOOD. Oh man...he showed remorse, WHAT AN ASSHOLE. And again, Stannis actually does something about his problems when it comes to the throne rather than sitting around halfway across the world melancholic and angry about them. And ya know what, he is a badass, battle of the wall, king who cared, liberating the north, he's like the anti-thesis of Dany in that he actually is doing something.

Stannis is just a support character to move the North and Jon's story

He will most likely die

All threads must die.

What is dead can never die, but rises again, harder and stronger.

ETA:

Dany liberated three cities of slaves in Essos - she is most certainly doing something, simply because that something is not in Westeros does not invalidate it.

Stannis is much more than a plot point and is most certainly an important character - he may not have a PoV, but look at the PoVs chosen to represent him - Davos and Mel, the two warring influences in Stannis' mind. He is also the last king to be standing from the Wo5K which most certainly means something.

Why is it so difficult to like both Stannis and Dany. Fml. :leaving:

Stannis is just a support character to move the North and Jon's story

He will most likely die

lol, you do realize that every character is there to move the story forward right?

When the enemy chants your name in fear, it means you are top dog. For further consideration.

I have felt from the beggining that Stannis was a greater threat then all the others combined.-Tywin Lannister

No one has chanted Stannis's name in fear, or am I forgetting something. Stannis destroyed the Wildlings in much the same way Dany destroyed the sellswords at Yunkai and later sacked Mereen, by having supperior soldiers and a solid strategy.

Oh but tens of thousands of people have been chanting for the Mother of Dragons.

No one has chanted Stannis's name in fear, or am I forgetting something. Stannis destroyed the Wildlings in much the same way Dany destroyed the sellswords at Yunkai and later sacked Mereen, by having supperior soldiers and a solid strategy.

Oh but tens of thousands of people have been chanting for the Mother of Dragons.

Did you read the quote?

And a name passed from the lips of each man to the next, written in small white puffs of breath. Stannis, they whispered, Stannis is here, Stannis is come, Stannis, Stannis, Stannis.

Did you read the quote?

That's not chanting a name in fear, it's celebrating a king who came to save them. How is it any different when the former slaves all chanted mother for Dany?

That's not chanting a name in fear, it's celebrating a king who came to save them. How is it any different when the former slaves all chanted mother for Dany?

lol, brah those are boltons men inside of winterfell. Stannis didnt come to save them, he came to kill them and put a stark back in winterfell.

I think the lack of the Gap probably affected the degree of hate Dany gets, but her ADWD material is not the only source for people to dislike her.

Yeah, what I personally don't like is that huge Dany fandom among... broader audiences. Not her character itself.

The books have so much to offer besides "When will Dany finally fly to Westeros, destroy the others and take her throne???"

Yeah I share that view to a certain extent. But really, that question is just the broad outline of the series' three main threads intersecting. They assume it will all happen. It might not, but we can be sure that some intersection of those three storylines will occur at some point. Annoyance with the cult of Khaleesi shouldn't lead us to lose sight of some basic structural indications about the future of the series.

Do you not understand what BAMF stands for?

I know, it's not like Dany has conquered anything, gained an army, or has actually ruled as a monarch right? I can't remember a single battle Dany planned and later won.

Pretty sure Stannis Bamfatheon is a user name i made up two years ago and not a declarative statement I just made to you in this thread. And Daenerys won her two battles in Slaver's Bay, due in no part to her tactics or strategy. She didn't ride in on the back of her dragon spewing fire and destruction either leading from the front. She's conquered a sesspool half a world away that she has almost immediately lost back right back to the Slavers . LETS ALL GIVE IT UP FOR THE MOTHER OF DRAGONS!!

Archived