Who was in Sansa's room during the Battle of the Blackwater?

FacelessDude

Can you give any more details on that theory? Can't say I've ever came across anything like it before and nothing in the text that I can remember has suggested that it wasn't The Hound in her room. We know that GRRM has said before that Sansa is an unreliable narrator, but I think that quote arose after questions relating to the UnKiss theory.

I've never heard that theory.

I'd like to see it explain how Sandor knows about the events that took place in that room.

Yea I am skeptical about the theory myself. Only thing is that Sansa recalls being kissed by the Hound, but the Hound never kissed her.

Can you give any more details on that theory? Can't say I've ever came across anything like it before and nothing in the text that I can remember has suggested that it wasn't The Hound in her room. We know that GRRM has said before that Sansa is an unreliable narrator, but I think that quote arose after questions relating to the UnKiss theory.

I edited my post, I didn't mean to type that it wasn't the Hound in her room because it was. Only thing I meant to say was that he didn't actually smooch her.

I edited my post, I didn't mean to type that it wasn't the Hound in her room because it was. Only thing I meant to say was that he didn't actually smooch her.

that's better at first I thought no chance but there's a possibility, sansa mistakenly recalling a kiss has been blamed on her being a poor narrator by grrm which makes me slightly suspicious

although not important the tv show leaves no room for doubt and what would this theory being true achieve?

that's better at first I thought no chance but there's a possibility, sansa mistakenly recalling a kiss has been blamed on her being a poor narrator by grrm which makes me slightly suspicious

although not important the tv show leaves no room for doubt and what would this theory being true achieve?

I ask myself that same question. The idea of another person lingering mysteriously in Sansa's room only for the purpose of kissing her is weird. But in GRRM's world it could be something major later on, as doubtful as it is.

Only thing is that Sansa recalls being kissed by the Hound, but the Hound never kissed her.

Ah yeah, the Unkiss.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/UnKiss

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Sansa_Stark/Theories

What's interesting is that not only does Sansa remember a kiss that never happened, she has a dream where the Hound has sex with her (or is just about to), and she has a tendency to make comparisons between Sandor and the different men she meets.

I'm not quite sure what to make of that myself, but I remember there being a theory that she is fairly infatuated with the guy.

Ah yeah, the Unkiss.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/UnKiss

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Sansa_Stark/Theories

What's interesting is that not only does Sansa remember a kiss that never happened, she has a dream where the Hound has sex with her (or is just about to), and she has a tendency to make comparisons between Sandor and the different men she meets.

I'm not quite sure what to make of that myself, but I remember there being a theory that she is fairly infatuated with the guy.

It was either her imagination (to show her love interest for the Hound), or it physically occurred and some voyeur was skulking around.

Ah yeah, the Unkiss.

I'd say it's much more than a theory. Considering the unkiss, the erotic dream, and constantly thinking of him, it's pretty clear she's developed feelings for the Hound that go beyond platonic.

I heard there is a theory that says the person who kisses Sansa near the end of the Battle of the Blackwater is not Sandor Clegane, even though he was in her room and did embrace her. Who could it possibly be that kissed her?

Something like, Sandor gets the song, leaves, Sansa drowses, someone else enters her room, kiss her and leaves, and then Dontos comes in telling her the outcome of the battle?

It's possible, and certainly makes more sense than Sansa creating a false memory. Unless Sansa is mentally instable which, given her experiences, it might very well be. But, then again, who?

Mayhaps GRRM puts it in, so that we can start to question Sansa's POV for reliability. Sansa misremembers the Unkiss, and Joffrey's Lion's Tooth/Paw. The second is small enough on its own, but her memory lapses could lead onto to something in the future, with Sansa being an unreliable narrator.

Something like, Sandor gets the song, leaves, Sansa drowses, someone else enters her room, kiss her and leaves, and then Dontos comes in telling her the outcome of the battle?

It's possible, and certainly makes more sense than Sansa creating a false memory. Unless Sansa is mentally instable which, given her experiences, it might very well be. But, then again, who?

How does that scenario make more sense? The night of the Blackwater was an emotionally charged situation where Sansa believed at one point that the Hound meant to kiss her. If we couple this with her developing feelings for him the unkiss isn't so extraordinary a conception.

Mayhaps GRRM puts it in, so that we can start to question Sansa's POV for reliability. Sansa misremembers the Unkiss, and Joffrey's Lion's Tooth/Paw. The second is small enough on its own, but her memory lapses could lead onto to something in the future, with Sansa being an unreliable narrator.

It's Arya who misremembers the name of the sword actually, and we know that unreliable narration is a central element of GRRM's entire POV structure, not just for Sansa. It can take many different forms, from outright "mismemories" to other subtle "perspective" issues, with personal biases and predilections.

I'd say it's much more than a theory. Considering the unkiss, the erotic dream, and constantly thinking of him, it's pretty clear she's developed feelings for the Hound that go beyond platonic.

An interesting point from someone whose username is 'Dog Lover'...

Anyway, I think it would be pretty contrived if someone broke into the room while Sandor and Sansa were still there, kissed Sansa, and vanished into thin air without comment from anyone else in the room. It's slightly less so if someone else breaks in after Sandor leaves... Don't get me wrong, it's perfectly reasonable that someone would go to those lengths to kiss Sansa (LF?), but there's no real evidence for that in the actual chapter.

Archived