Who was in Sansa's room during the Battle of the Blackwater?

FacelessDude

I'm really disturbed that GRRM is disturbed :eek: Because in the books he gives soo many clues to ship Sansan...Saving from the riot, cloak stuff etc...If it will occure to be really something opposite I will be truly pissed. I know GGRM is a troll but I hope it's not the case here.It would totally ruin Sandor's character to me.

And destroy one of the best relationships in the novels :ack:

He wasn't disturbed, no worries. :) It was a long interview, about lots of things. He is the one who brought up SanSan, it's the interview where he's confirming it's romantic, even the hosts agreed. He said it was that way in the show, too. If he thought it was silly after like you say, deliberately writing so much detail about it in the story, which would be a pretty odd thing to do, all he had to do was a. not bring it up or b. having brought it up, say there's nothing there. He did the opposite:

GRRM: I do know there's all these people out there who are, as they call themselves, the SanSan fans, who want to see Sandor and Sansa get together at the end. So that's interesting, too.

Tom Merritt: The TV show has sort of played with that a little and probably stoked those fires, I would think.

GRRM: Oh, sure. And I've played with it in the books.

Tom Merritt: Yeah, yeah.

GRRM: There's something there. But it's still interesting to see how many people have responded to it.

Veronica Belmont: I'm not going to say that that hasn't crossed my mind.

http://transcriptvid...tWg7LPq4nE.html

Also he keeps hammering in what happened that night, the fire was messing with his head, and it was just a song:

"And he draws his sword and says, I'm going to get out with this and no man is going to stop me, and then he sort of hesitates and says, unless he's on fire. I was sorry to lose that line, I really liked that little moment which emphasized the whole fire thing here... In the books he demands a song of her and she sings that hymn about the Mother again."

Then he hammered it in again with the script:

Book - "I could keep you safe," he rasped. "They're all afraid of me. No one would hurt you again, or I'd kill them."

Show - "I could take you with me. Take you to Winterfell. I'll keep you safe... No, little bird. I won't hurt you."

And once again with the WOIAF app:

"During the Battle of the Blackwater, Clegane leads a force attempting to hold the King's Gate, but is unable to fulfill his duties due to his fear of the burning wildfire raging on the river and on the docks. Instead, he finds his way to Sansa Stark's chambers, where he forces her to sing him a song while trying to work up the courage to take her with him out of the city. Her fear of him -- as well as her song -- makes him leave without her."

Whoever it was, Sansa recalls that his breath "smelled of hot baked goods". What could it all mean?!?

HOT PIE !!!!!!! :P

I always put it down to a false memory put there by her fascination with Knights tales. Thats kinda how the stories go isn't it. Guy comes to save the princess they kiss etc etc etc.

Whoever it was, Sansa recalls that his breath "smelled of hot baked goods". What could it all mean?!?

Hot pie?!

I don't think the unkiss was something sansa actually experienced. I don't know what other significance It could have rather than a teenage girl's delusion due to all the shit's that happened to her and the fact that Sandor could've easily harmed her and his refusal to do so makes it a heroic act to Sansa,which might be the reason that she rewards it with an imaginary kiss

That's weird. Why the Jaime/Sandor redemption arc then? Not to mention that girls (in general) like bad boys characters more than the good ones.

Especially, when woman is the main reason bad boy changes himself for better, just like in Jaime/Sandor case.

He knows. :) He's tweaking it very nicely in both stories, but he borrows from the classics. He also wrote into both characters that they save both women from really dangerous men. Shades of gray.

He wasn't disturbed, no worries. :) It was a long interview, about lots of things. He is the one who brought up SanSan, it's the interview where he's confirming it's romantic, even the hosts agreed. He said it was that way in the show, too. If he thought it was silly after like you say, deliberately writing so much detail about it in the story, which would be a pretty odd thing to do, all he had to do was a. not bring it up or b. having brought it up, say there's nothing there. He did the opposite:

That sounds better, thank you!

This makes me wonder about Sansa's kiss with Littlefinger.

Since, as GRRM mentioned, Sansa is an unreliable narrator, maybe Lysa was right in what she saw. Perhaps Sansa did throw herself at Petyr and "entice" him. If so, our little bird might be a bit more dangerous and conniving than she's letting on.

This makes me wonder about Sansa's kiss with Littlefinger.

Since, as GRRM mentioned, Sansa is an unreliable narrator, maybe Lysa was right in what she saw. Perhaps Sansa did throw herself at Petyr and "entice" him. If so, our little bird might be a bit more dangerous and conniving than she's letting on.

I...I don't...what?

This thread has long devolved into weird and twisted fanfic.

Eh, if you dangle the unreliable narrator possibility as GRRM has done with Sansa, you're all but begging readers to go nuts trying to fill in the blanks.

Archived