What would happen if the other actually got past the wall?

madmanmorty

Perhaps the others wouldn't meet the humans in open battle and use similar tactics that they've been using north of the wall (apart from the fist of the first encounter), jumping stragglers and attacking small forces. Eventually fear would spread through the realms of men and only a re-unification of the 7 kingdoms and dany's dragons would be able to stop the slow spread of doom

They'd travel southward by the speed of storm, people would freeze or be killed in person, wights would rise and start killing more people, who would rise as well, killing even more people and so forth.

The sheer number off soldiers could easily overwhelm them but?

For that you'd need to pin them first. How is that working in Afghanistan? With the added difficulty that the Others have the vastly superior technology/magic.

They'll take one look at the horror show that is Westeros, with all the incest, kinslaying, sexual violence, broken men, and almost nonstop warring and backstabbing and realize that it's a little too much for them to stomach. Seriously, I don't see how the Others can be worse than Gregor, Ramsay, etc.

Everyone run to Dragonstone to mine Dragonglass. Then to Asshai via slavers bay to pick up Dany and the dragons. Make a stand. Hope like hell.

Seriously? You'd better hope there's something that can take them out in one swoop or else a divided North is one big Wight recruiting ground. And then it just gets better.

They'll take one look at the horror show that is Westeros, with all the incest, kinslaying, sexual violence, broken men, and almost nonstop warring and backstabbing and realize that it's a little too much for them to stomach. Seriously, I don't see how the Others can be worse than Gregor, Ramsay, etc.

Word

Others + undead humans + undead animals + blizzards + whatever the hell else is hiding out there that's comin'. Yeah, they're a threat. The stories say that not only are the Others and their undead minions dangerous, but also the cold that freezes kings in their throne rooms.

They probably aren't. Judging by the few times we've seen them, they don't enjoy causing pain, they just want to kill you. They killed Royce pretty quickly after his sword broke although they could have done what ever they wanted.

To answer the OP:

They'd march south and make small attacks allover the place making wights which would kill more and then they'd have even more wights.

Archived