Pretty much done with the human race

How about actually reading the arguments I've already made which a) answer why I think they should be treated the same - due to the impact on attitudes towards rape that allowing this distinction seems to be happening, and B) says that I think the law needs to be changed regarding couples who are close in age above/below the age of consent to ensure that this doesn't happen.

I'd be fine with saying anyone under 21 can legally have consensual sexual relations with anyone within, say, 2.5 years of their age. Otherwise you gotta be 21. something along those lines. But within those guidelines, there are still more serious offenses than others. Forcible rape is still way worse than consensual.

A close in age exception is reasonable. I don't see any problems with it. Many states have it.

But when I see "consensual rape" it raises my hackles. There is no such thing. When I hear BS like "she was chasing him" I don't know whether to laugh or get pissed off. It's just ridiculous, grown men shouldn't be having sex with children. It's that simple. I used to work at a factory where one of the supervisors was convicted of raping his 12 year old step-daughter, and people would defend this asshole with these types of arguments. A grown man can resist the temptations of a young girl. It's just ridiculous to say otherwise.

ETA: I would also like to add that the reaction of many to female rapists with young male victims is just as stupid. A grown woman shouldn't have sex with children either.

A close in age exception is reasonable. I don't see any problems with it. Many states have it.

But when I see "consensual rape" it raises my hackles. There is no such thing. When I hear BS like "she was chasing him" I don't know whether to laugh or get pissed off. It's just ridiculous, grown men shouldn't be having sex with children. It's that simple. I used to work at a factory where one of the supervisors was convicted of raping his 12 year old step-daughter, and people would defend this asshole with these types of arguments. A grown man can resist the temptations of a young girl. Its just ridiculous to say otherwise.

Wow I can't believe a topic has come up to cause this, but I'm quoting cryptile for truth.

There is no "consensual rape" which is why I put it in quotes, I'm referring to the concept other people are using - rape is non consensual by definition. Whether that's because consent was not given, or the person in question is incapable of giving consent, there is no consent there. Kids cannot consent to sex with adults, and any adult who thinks its OK just because the little girl was into is fucked up. The same goes for any adult who thinks it's OK if it's an adult woman and a young boy.

But when I see "consensual rape" it raises my hackles. There is no such thing.

I agree, just using to differentiate from forcible. Death to anyone convicted of forcible rape, or for anyone over 18 with consensual if victim under say, 14. If victim over 14 I would say 20 years imprisonment for rapist over 18, and ten years if rapist under 18 but more than 2.5 years older than victim. If victim above 16 (but under 21), maybe 2-5 years if rapist over 2.5 older than victim.

thetitansbastard, in that case we need to raise the age of consent in my opinion and standardize it on a national scale too. Its absurd to me that each state should have its own age of consent and its own view of what age a minor should be.

thetitansbastard, in that case we need to raise the age of consent in my opinion and standardize it on a national scale too. Its absurd to me that each state should have its own age of consent and its own view of what age a minor should be.

yeah thats kind of where I was going, but with close-in-age parameters for those under the age of consent (which should be 21 imo)

thetitansbastard you kind of lost me there. Can you explain please what you mean?

Nonforicible vs. forcible? If a 16 year old willingly has sex with a 22 year old, it should be considered non-forcible rape and punishable by imprisonment, as opposed to the 22 year old who has sex with the 16 year old against his will which is forcible rape and should be punishable by death.

Archived