Which part of Prince Doran's plan do you realistically see succeeding?

northwesterner

Personally I can see his plan of his daughter becoming Queen become successful, if she marries fAegon, she will (briefly) become queen. I do think that fAegon will end up on the Iron Throne (I just don't know for how long).

His main goal, the Fall of the Lannisters, I cannot imagine him causing the downfall of House Lannister, that part of his plan will not work out. If House Lannister goes down, it is not because of Prince Doran.

His plans with Sarella might become successful, however I don't have any high hopes for her mission in Oldtown

What do you guys think?

(Again apologies for my English)

Maybe I'm biased because I don't like the Martells, but I think they're in for a fall, big time

Yes, Arianne might marry Aegon, the Sand snakes might kill Tommen, Myrcella might be dead already, but ultimately I think the Martells are going to lose the Dance of the Dragons.

It was somewhat foreshadowed in the gift chapter when

Arianne declines Lady Toland's offer to read about how Dorne was able to defeat dragons during the conquest

Like Ellaria said, vengeance will get them nothing

I don't think Doran has any plans for Arianne to marry Aegon. I don't think Dorne is into the whole incest thing.

Well the plan was for her to originally marry Viserys so I dont think they are against the "inces thing" as you put it. And while I don't thinkhe has any plans for that right now i can see him trying that after he hears about Qyunten

I didn't know he had plan with Sarella. What are those plans ?

I think Sarella is on her own, or at least that's what Doran says, that's she's playing her own game in Oldtown

I don't think Doran has any plans for Arianne to marry Aegon. I don't think Dorne is into the whole incest thing.

It wouldn't be incest, they are cousins and that's normal in the 7K

From what I've read it doesnt sound like the Martells new about Aegon, I'm still not convinced he is who corrington claims he is either

Winds of Winter spoiler ahead:

in the Arianne gift chapter, Jon Connington sent Doran a letter telling him all about him and Aegon, so Doran send Arianne to the Stormlands to meet them

ETA: I can't believe the first time I used the multiquote button was for a thread about the Martells, who I hate :dunno:

Sarella looks like she is going rogue and on her own mission rather than something under Doran's master plan. Doran is more interested in revenge against the lannisters whereas Sarella is probably looking for information on dragons

Well the plan was for her to originally marry Viserys so I dont think they are against the "inces thing" as you put it. And while I don't thinkhe has any plans for that right now i can see him trying that after he hears about Qyunten

To be honest, Viserys thing was a little different since Aegon would have a very strong and immediate Martell blood in him as a cousin of the same generation

Not sure what the plan for Sarella was, so I can't say whether it would work.

I agree fAegon will briefly sit the IT. Not sure if Martin will have fAegon willing to marry Arianne or hold out for Dany. Doran's plans may end up a complete bust.

To be honest, Viserys thing was a little different since Aegon would have a very strong and immediate Martell blood in him as a cousin of the same generation

TThere relation actually slipped my mind to be honest. I was thinking about the Targ incest thing to be honest. I still don't think it will phase Doran if it means he has a chance for vengences against the Lannisters because as mentioned above its still fairly common in Westeros.

It wouldn't be incest. Marriage between first cousins isn't considered incest by Westerosi standards.

None of it, it was shit.

This. House Martell's words should be "Full of Fail." Oberyn died needlessly and Quentyn died needlessly; I wouldn't be surprised if Arianne and the Sand Snakes were far behind.

Like Ellaria said, vengeance will get them nothing

Exactly. It's no coincidence that the only Martell family member with any judgment about stupid revenge schemes is the one non-blooded Martell.

...Nor do I think it's any coincidence that there's a "spare" Martell child of Doran (Trystane) who can inherit if something were to happen to Arianne. He's the Martells' Rickon.

Aegon will marry Arianne but when Lord Yronwood hears about his son's death he'll rebel against House Martell. Spotted Sylva, who betrayed Arianne, will bring the Santagars into the rebellion on the Yronwood side and the fall of House Lannister will be delayed until Jon, Dany or Littlefinger get around to finishing them

I think the Martells' narrative might be summed up as, "The women succeed and the men fail." That is to say, I think Doran's overarching plan might not work or he might die because he can see it out. And obviously Quentyn and Oberyn are dead. But I can also see Arianne succeeding in making an alliance with Aegon and the Sand Snakes succeeding in their endeavors. I think it's the women of the family whose plots will end up working.

Aegon will marry Arianne but when Lord Yronwood hears about his son's death he'll rebel against House Martell. Spotted Sylva, who betrayed Arianne, will bring the Santagars into the rebellion on the Yronwood side and the fall of House Lannister will be delayed until Jon, Dany or Littlefinger get around to finishing them

You know this for certain how, exactly?

Archived