Edd, fetch me a block...

rsbarx

lol...just quoted my #2 favorite just awesome badass line in another thread, thanks for the nod to #1!

(I mean, seriously. Gives me chills that line. Am super not confident Kit Harrington can pull that off. [RICHARD MADDEN WHY WERE YOU NOT JON SNOW.])

Call me a pessimist, but I really don't see Kit Harrington pulling off most of the material in aDwD.

The moment where I went from "oh, Jon's okay I guess" to "FUCK YEAH! JON SNOW FOR PRESIDENT OF EVERYTHING."

Not sure if it's because this is a pretty much identical summary of my own response or because its tone is pretty much identical to how I would have said/typed it but...I have been giggling at this off and mostly on for like 20 minutes now.

Also Jon and/or Stannis Give Zero Fucks about who your friends are.

Also, great minds and all...so let's make this A Thing...

The Gives Not One Fuck Club:

President - Stannis "Pray Harder." Baratheon

Vice-President - Jon "...fetch me a block." Snow

Founder - Oberyn "Now Say Her Name." Martell, The Red Viper of Dorne

^ Yep. I don't think the problem is Harington so much as it's Jon being underwritten.

But TV show is off-topic, so ...

It is. And so are you, as a more learned member than I with a presumably better ability to recall the past than this damn tapatalk app, able to point me in the direction of this discussion if it's been had elsewhere? I have Many Thoughts on this, as a TV obsessive now unable to NOT see production first (Thanks Alan Sepinwall!) and also a newly converted Jon Snow Supporter. And that's a discussion I'm eager to read/have.

^ Yep. I don't think the problem is Harington so much as it's Jon being underwritten.

But TV show is off-topic, so ...

Agree. Harrington does fine with the material when it's written correctly. I felt like I was watching a different character during the GRRM written episodes towards the end of the last season, when Jon was actually engaging with Ygritte about their future and how the Wildlings would fail; the script gave them some gravitas.

I must admit, the first time I read this passage, I was just as fooled as the characters when Jon said "I will not hang him," and started swearing... for all of five seconds. Then I started cheering and told my dog, "yep, he's a Stark, all right. No question about it." She looked like she agreed. :P

Archived