I think Viserion will die at Mereen

total1402

Very much so. I think Viserion is going to have the deepest disconnect from Dany as a whole.

Interesting. I do agree hes probably going to be the first dragon to say "fuck this shit" but im not so sure someone is going to nab him. Like i said, i think he'll fly away and go somewhere else. Where? No idea, but probably as far away from the bullshit in Slaver's Bay as humanly (dragonly?) possible. I just have the deepest of hunches that Viserion will not be "stolen" but will willingly bind to someone else.

I have a feeling he will somehow get to westeros before Dany.

I think we're going to see the black vs. green motif again for this second Dance, which implies Drogon vs. Rhaegal.

Can this have another interpretation? We already have black dragon - in Aegon, so could it be possible that Drogo will be snatched from Dany during DoD 2.0 (by Jon, if we follow Fire Eater's theory of three heads - Jon, Ghost, Drogon), and that Dany will end up riding Rhaegal? I agree you are right, but I have thought of this option.

Yes but I don't think the CGI wouldn't be able to handle a white dragon. Theres no technical or aesthetic reason to not make Viserion white. The show makers will have been told who becomes a dragonrider and the significance (if any) of the dragons colors. Knowing that, there is no reason to make Viserion gold with red marks on his wings. Even in the shows iconography, ghost is a white direwolf. Giving Jon a white dragon would make sense. Gold and red?

Show only, Lannister colors, meaning that Tyrion does ride a dragon.

I have a feeling he will somehow get to westeros before Dany.

Same here, to be perfectly honest. My crackpot (behold its splendor of chipped terracotta!) is that Viserion winds up in the North.

Can this have another interpretation? We already have black dragon - in Aegon, so could it be possible that Drogo will be snatched from Dany during DoD 2.0 (by Jon, if we follow Fire Eater's theory of three heads - Jon, Ghost, Drogon), and that Dany will end up riding Rhaegal? I agree you are right, but I have thought of this option.

Given how Drogon is bonding with Dany quite strongly, i dont think thats going to be a thing. Dany gets to keep Drogon. No other way to feed that bulldog.

Same here, to be perfectly honest. My crackpot (behold its splendor of chipped terracotta!) is that Viserion winds up in the North.

Given how Drogon is bonding with Dany quite strongly, i dont think thats going to be a thing. Dany gets to keep Drogon. No other way to feed that bulldog.

Yea I can definitely see him going as far as the wall,(crackpot cause Mel says magic is strong there, and dragons are magic).

Drogo already was snatched from Dany. Drogon seems rather tight with Dany, unless she is dead he won't get another rider. Although I do enjoy the Jon gets everything threads, I don't think he gets Drogon, now Vis seems like he fits Jons personality much better. Me I suspect Jon, Dany and Tyrion or Bran will ride the Dragons. Mostly because Martin has given a main focus to them. You don't write a story about Westeros and then put a major focus on another character in a different country and start sending her other people from Westeros for no reason.

Now while Dany is away one of her Dragons may get taken, not sure on that really yet, but it may happen and then Dany will chase after her baby. Though I suspect it won't happen like that. Her time in Mereen is all but over. There is no story left to tell there only it's ending and cleaning up.

She will probably be in Westeros before Winds ends. Although I do think she stops in Bravvos before she comes to Westeros, and maybe Dragonstone.

Hey maybe Jon will get all three dragons to pull a flying chariot. :)

So, you don't give us how exactly Viseryon will die, why he will die. The comparison with Lady, in short is IMO, wrong. It seems that you just think he will die out of thin air... And with all of that, what exactly are we supposed to be discussing here?

In the next edition, this or that character will die because I say so... We'll have so many threads...

I think the overall assumption is that Victarion's dragonhorn will deal with one (or possibly more) dragons. Since, for all we know, the Dragonhorn could be used for ordering pizza (I am being satirical, of course). I am of the belief that, and this may well get me crucified on this thread, that the DoD 2.0 will not start until Dany crosses over to Westeros and/of makes contact with (f)Aegon.

Therefore I would think that Dany will score a major victory at Meereen (as much as it pains me to admit it) and will do so with 3 fully healthy dragons.

While we're all busy running amok with no evidence I would bet Drogon dies(if one does at all, i'm not convinced). He's the biggest most vicious and seemingly most capable, and in my opinion the most shocking if killed, and foreshadowing Aegon's early demise despite being positioned well with strong allies..

Viserion is cream and gold. So hes more of an off-white. :P

That was going to my point, I'm still on page 1 of the thread, Viserion is described as cream and gold. Quentyn does describe him as pale when he enters the darkened pit under the pyramid, if I recall correctly, but I'm not sure where this 'white' idea is coming from.

I tried to use the whole post and just bold this part, perhaps someday I'll figure out how to do such a thing on this board, le sigh, LOL

I think the overall assumption is that Victarion's dragonhorn will deal with one (or possibly more) dragons. Since, for all we know, the Dragonhorn could be used for ordering pizza (I am being satirical, of course). I am of the belief that, and this may well get me crucified on this thread, that the DoD 2.0 will not start until Dany crosses over to Westeros and/of makes contact with (f)Aegon.

Therefore I would think that Dany will score a major victory at Meereen (as much as it pains me to admit it) and will do so with 3 fully healthy dragons.

I dont think the other 2 are Dany's anymore, she was even afraid of them when she entered the pit with Quentyn, vs not being afraid of Drogon despite him nearly burning her.

I dont think the other 2 are Dany's anymore, she was even afraid of them when she entered the pit with Quentyn, vs not being afraid of Drogon despite him nearly burning her.

I do wonder if the dragons will have attachment left to Dany, they came into the world differently than the normal, dragon meets dragon, dragons have fire breathing contest, dragon courtship ensues, cities are sacked and burned to the ground, a nest is dug out in some ruins, eggs are laid, babies pop out of them....etc. How do the two left behind feel about their mother, does it matter if they acquire riders that 'mom' doesn't like, etc. etc?

Are they two angry children, or just mom's little babies, waiting for her to play matchmaker and find them the appropriate rider? Or are they fair game for anyone, regardless of dragonhorns or mom's feelings on the matter?

I do wonder if the dragons will have attachment left to Dany, they came into the world differently than the normal, dragon meets dragon, dragons have fire breathing contest, dragon courtship ensues, cities are sacked and burned to the ground, a nest is dug out in some ruins, eggs are laid, babies pop out of them....etc. How do the two left behind feel about their mother, does it matter if they acquire riders that 'mom' doesn't like, etc. etc?

Are they two angry children, or just mom's little babies, waiting for her to play matchmaker and find them the appropriate rider? Or are they fair game for anyone, regardless of dragonhorns or mom's feelings on the matter?

I think they are more like pups who got abandoned by their mother. So now they are wandering around lost and confused. One is angry and snapping at his brother and staking claim on territory. Which leads me to believe that Viserion may leave because Rhaegal pretty much booted his ass out. Dany's role as "mother" has ended for Rhaegal and Viserion. It ended the moment she threw them in the pits under Meereen. It shattered completely when she left with Drogon. They are more like angry dogs without much in the way of a pack than they are children.

I think Vis and Rhaegal just had a maternal bond with Dany vs Drogon which I believe is more, who Dany even had a dream before he hatched and that dream seemed to heal her, and Dany even calls her "my Drogon" compared to the other 2.

So yes Dany abandoning them means the maternal bond is done.

I think they are more like pups who got abandoned by their mother. So now they are wandering around lost and confused. One is angry and snapping at his brother and staking claim on territory. Which leads me to believe that Viserion may leave because Rhaegal pretty much booted his ass out. Dany's role as "mother" has ended for Rhaegal and Viserion. It ended the moment she threw them in the pits under Meereen. It shattered completely when she left with Drogon. They are more like angry dogs without much in the way of a pack than they are children.

Thanks, that is one issue I always wonder about, is the bond totally severed. I also suppose, just for plot purposes, it is best to have the two dragons up for grabs? Does that mean Dany will have to drop Mother of Dragons from her official heraldry?? It is getting pretty long, that title of hers, although Missandei does a splendid job with it, I'm just sure of that, LOL

I think Vis and Rhaegal just had a maternal bond with Dany vs Drogon which I believe is more, who Dany even had a dream before he hatched and that dream seemed to heal her, and Dany even calls her "my Drogon" compared to the other 2.

So yes Dany abandoning them means the maternal bond is done.

Oh, that's a good point, I'd almost forgotten about that dream, and I do agree, though, it has always seemed that Dany has favored Drogon. That is something I had noticed.

Thanks to all for the answers.

Archived