Why do people think that Jon+Dany is incest?

Anatúrinbor

The Targs in Westeros were followers of the Faiith yet the incest practice continued for centuries.

I do think that Targ Incest is about dragon binding though, I think they need a strong Valaryian blood type (?) to bond with their dragons, Hell maybe even to hatch them. I think this is why they insisted on keeping the incest no matter how pissed the faith were about that.

Well, I certainly didn't mean any offense. I hope you didn't take any.

None taken :) I just wanted to point out that what is considered illegal and taboo may vary in different countries and cultures. Cultural relativism and all that.

I am pretty open minded when it comes to these things. As long as they are two mature, consenting adults they can do whatever they want. I don't find it disgusting or gross or whatever. It's not for me to judge.

My main issue with marrying in the family is the prevalence of genetic diseases passed down to the children. So I would advice against it.

Even if Dany marries Jon and they have children, the kids could have health issues. Aerys seems to have had some mental disorder which could have been passed down due to the inbreeding though we can't be certain of that.

I think that cousins and beyond are the acceptable forms of incest in mainstream Western society. You are more closely related to your aunts and uncles then you are to your cousins, so Targs aside I think most Westerosi would consider it unacceptable.

Siblings have all of your "blood" to put it unscientifically. Aunts/Uncles have half of your blood, the blood of whichever parent they are siblings to, but obviously not the blood of the other. Cousins are half that again, because the blood line is diluted by someone else completely unrelated to you.

It's so funny.

Dany fans want her to marry Jon.

But Jon fans don't want him to marry Dany.

Maybe because they have a good taste?

Seriously tho, I think that this happens because Dany's fans want to see her as a legit Queen and not as an Usurper who takes away her nephew's legal birthright.

Maybe because they have a good taste?

Seriously tho, I think that this happens because Dany's fans want to see her as a legit Queen and not as an Usurper who takes away her nephew's legal birthright.

They'll marry because they are meant to marry, A Song (story) of Ice (Jon) and Fire (Dany)

You mean a father and his daughter or your friends daughter. ? I'm assuming the first seen as this thread is about incest. your going to make me actually Vom Sean. shudder.... This guy I know with his sister was the dad of one of my first boyfriends and an upstanding member of the church I was raised in. oh and a copper!!!!

Yes, it was the first. The man got a suspended prison sentence, as the daughter was in her early 20s, and it was his first offence. My friend is convinced that the relationship began when she was under 16.

they will never be together. this is not twilight. so it doesn't matter

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Martin didn't write the story along the lines of Jon being torn between desire for Dany and disgust at the thought of having sex with aunt.

That didn't stop Old God follower (and eventual Old God) Bloodraven to hae a liaison with his half-sister...

We know that he was a sorcerer but we have no idea afaik if he actually followed the Old Gods or if they followed him (much like they did to Bran). In other words, if he followed the gods or he was made to become one.

We know that he was a sorcerer but we have no idea afaik if he actually followed the Old Gods or if they followed him (much like they did to Bran). In other words, if he followed the gods or he was made to become one.

We do know the Blackwoods, the family of Bloodraven's mother, are Old Gods followers. It's pretty likely Bloodraven grew up among them.

Archived