MMA & Boxing 14 - There's not a ditch in hell deep enough to toss Team Lloyd Irvin in

Horus Ex Machina

Agree whole-heartedly, very enjoyable run of fights with interesting finishes. There were so many interesting finishes that Cerrone V Miller had two of them. Curious to hear Miragliotta's reasoning but I haven't come across it yet.

My understanding was that Miragliotta thought the shot was low. The fight was re started, if I heard the broadcast team correctly, after Miller told him the shot was good. Would have been scandal if Miller had have made a come back, but as it was he was the only one to suffer from that decision, getting put back in there until taking that head kick.

Well Rumble just murdered Little Nog. I hope we don't have to see any of the Nogs fight again.

But I'm so hyped for Rumble, the problem is they don't really have anyone for him to fight. Gus is injured and has already been promised a title shot. They're not gonna put him against his teammate Rashad, especially since Rashad lost to Little Nog. Glover's fighting Phil, who Rumble already beat. He's kinda 3rd in line for a title shot right now.

So I guess the ufc did end up signing Diaz/Silva for January. I was skeptical that it could be brought together, but it should be a fun fight to watch. Here's to hoping that it has no title implications for either man. Who you guys got?

http://www.cagepotato.com/anderson-silva-vs-nick-diaz-booked-for-ufc-183-january-31st-in-las-vegas/

So I guess the ufc did end up signing Diaz/Silva for January. I was skeptical that it could be brought together, but it should be a fun fight to watch. Here's to hoping that it has no title implications for either man. Who you guys got?

http://www.cagepotato.com/anderson-silva-vs-nick-diaz-booked-for-ufc-183-january-31st-in-las-vegas/

This is a kickass fight, but a "Super Fight"? I'm not so sure about that. Both fighters are coming off of 2 loses. It has the potential to be awesome but it wouldn't surprise me if it went the other way either. We've seen Silva turn in stinkers before.

The way it is lining up I wonder if they are going to go for Diaz/Lawler II. It would be so strange considering how much has happened since the first fight. I'd be down for it though.

ETA: Holy shit. I just checked and the first Diaz/Lawler fight was UFC 47! It was almost a completely different sport back then, and yet Diaz and Lawler are both still relevant. Impressive.

This is a kickass fight, but a "Super Fight"? I'm not so sure about that. Both fighters are coming off of 2 loses. It has the potential to be awesome but it wouldn't surprise me if it went the other way either. We've seen Silva turn in stinkers before.

The way it is lining up I wonder if they are going to go for Diaz/Lawler II. It would be so strange considering how much has happened since the first fight. I'd be down for it though.

ETA: Holy shit. I just checked and the first Diaz/Lawler fight was UFC 47! It was almost a completely different sport back then, and yet Diaz and Lawler are both still relevant. Impressive.

Agreed that it shouldn't be built up as a "super fight", but I'm sure it will.

Damn, ufc 47! That's pretty damn amazing, Doesn't feel like that long ago at all.

I looked up UFC 47 to see the whole card, some awesome fights. Even Genki Sudo fought in the undercard. I was a big Sudo fan, pure class. Anyways, I think Silva will beat Diaz but with Silva coming off the injury and two straight losses it will be closer than if they fought just a year ago. It will be interesting just to see how Silva comes out...and the Diaz trash talking will be a bonus.

Silva/Diaz makes no damned sense at all to me. Sounded stupid the first time I heard the idea. Of all the guys you could match Silva up with, Diaz was nowhere on my list.

That said I'll be watching of course.

They have got to stop watering down the term "Superfight". That term has traditionally been used to signify a fight between two currently reigning champions, whether at catch weight or with one stepping up or down in weight as needs be. It doesn't apply every time there is one big name versus another.

It makes more sense than when they were talking about it before but I don't really care for the fight itself either. Diaz sells tickets but doesn't have a legit chance of beating Silva IMO. It's absolutely not a Superfight either, ridiculous. I'll still watch though, I'm sure.

It makes more sense than when they were talking about it before but I don't really care for the fight itself either. Diaz sells tickets but doesn't have a legit chance of beating Silva IMO. It's absolutely not a Superfight either, ridiculous. I'll still watch though, I'm sure.

I think Diaz has a legit chance now. Not so much before, but agreed. It never was, nor is now a super fight. I'm sure I'll also watch it, but I hope there is a good supporting card to go with it. This is all assuming no one gets hurt, and Diaz doesn't fuck up between now and then. So I'm still taking this fight coming to fruition with a big grain of salt.

if silva wins id like to see a third fight with chris.

that 2nd fight was unfinished and yes it was cringe worthy. but i hate fights that are stopped by injury you never no what might have happened with out the injury.

i think silva has a good chanc.so hopefully they will give him 1 more shot if he beats diaz.

an upcoming fight im really looking forward to is (not sure on the spelling)danel cormnia vs jonh jones.

that sweden fighter jones was going to remacth with is injured.

so cormia taking the fight he just came off some sort of surgery i cant remember what for.

but if hes 100% then jones is going to be passing that belt over to cormia imo.

if silva wins id like to see a third fight with chris.

that 2nd fight was unfinished and yes it was cringe worthy. but i hate fights that are stopped by injury you never no what might have happened with out the injury.

i think silva has a good chanc.so hopefully they will give him 1 more shot if he beats diaz.

an upcoming fight im really looking forward to is (not sure on the spelling)danel cormnia vs jonh jones.

that sweden fighter jones was going to remacth with is injured.

so cormia taking the fight he just came off some sort of surgery i cant remember what for.

but if hes 100% then jones is going to be passing that belt over to cormia imo.

Definitely agree that Cormier is a tough out for Jones. I'm excited for that fight. Silva, however, has some work to do before he gets another title fight. If he beats Diaz maybe give him Rockhold for a title eliminator match. I'd be down for that fight.

Silva/Rockhold makes so much more sense than Silva/Diaz.

I've found myself surprised by how many people, including amongst fighters, are taking Diaz in that fight.

Am I missing something here? I like Diaz, a lot, but how on earth is Silva a good matchup for him?

Cormier/Jones is exciting. Both of those guys have been rolling undefeated for so long, and I've been waiting for a long time to see either one of them lose, and assuming that fight doesn't fall apart somehow, one of them is going to get humbled. I'm pretty damned divided on who I'd pick in that fight anyhow. There is always a solid chance DC gets tall manned into frustrated busted face the whole time, but he really does seem like the kind of beast Jones might not be able to stop from getting inside.

jones really had a go of it that last fight.

and gustafsson isnt the same level fighter cormier is imo.

as gsp said in post above if DC has a problem its jones height and reach.

gustafsson took that away i think thats the main reason jones had so much trouble with him.

he could match his size and reach and gave jones all kind of trouble jones. it would be hard to find that in a training/sparring parteners.

but if the fight goes i gotta go with cormier i just think hes the one to stop jones.

Archived