Secret Santa VIII--Gifts are arriving!

Lany Freelove Cassandra

My Secret Santa struck again! I got the 'Unoffical Game of Thrones Cookbook' :D Now I have both cookbooks (I got the other last year from Elder Sister).

*hugs TC and dances around the thread* You spent way too much you delightful trickster!

Well, Atropis, my SS, I finally finished off the pistachios - what do you call them again in Greek? And the little chocolates are all gone as well. Still, I keep poking round in the potpourri in the bottom of the box looking hopefully in case I missed one.

I've just laundered the t-shirt and will wear it today & get somebody to take a picture to post.

The chocolate bar is uneaten, amazingly, but soon as that changes, I will report back.

There's something that I wanted to share with you as a thank-you for all the treats. It's not much, but I hope you will like it.

My town has a population of only 12,000, but it is by far the biggest town in the county. We have the shops and restaurants that everybody comes to.

And we have the movie theater.

This is a theater in the downstairs of a hotel built in the Art-Deco style by the family of Demetrius Latchis. They had owned the theater for several generations but finally had to sell to a local trust. It has recently undergone renovations to restore it to it's former glory, because inside it is decorated everywhere with mythology of Greece. It has statues in fountains, murals, tile mosaics on the floor and the zodiac on the ceiling.

This video gives you a little look: http://connectingpoint.wgby.org/2013/11/latchis-theatre/

I've been sort of off this thread for about a week or so. So glad you are all enjoying the gifts! =D

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that you all end this year with a great bang (and I mean this in the joyful big celebration way =s). Anyways hope next year be triple the awesome this one was, and if for any reason it was not awesome for you, then hope it be 10 times as awesome as what you hope it be. Lastly I expect seeing you all next year in the SS. I know I will be joining yet again! =D

My Secret Santa struck again! I got the 'Unoffical Game of Thrones Cookbook' :D Now I have both cookbooks (I got the other last year from Elder Sister).

*hugs TC and dances around the thread* You spent way too much you delightful trickster!

I'm so glad you're happy! Sorry the cookbook was delayed but at least it worked out by confusing Zar. :cheers:

And reading this thread has been awesome as always. Thanks again to Lany for hosting. You can go ahead and sign me up for next year now if you want. :hat:

And reading this thread has been awesome as always. Thanks again to Lany for hosting. You can go ahead and sign me up for next year now if you want. :hat:

And I'm a big 'me too' for next year as well.

Lany - thank you so much!!!!! :kiss:

I am still puzzled as to who my SS was.... I may have to re-read the thread to get a better idea. Unless my SS wants to reveal his/her identity. ;)

ONLY LOOK IF YOU WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH!

Giver Giftee

Lany Alytha

Catelyn Anubiel

DreamSongs Odendisa

Zar Zabzy

KiDisater Lany

Expecto Patronum Lady Oleana

the Maid of Woodlynne Fragile Bird

TC DreamSongs

Baitac Zar

Lily Valley Adz

Honeyed Chicken Expecto Patronum

Fragile Bird TC

Prince Mountian Goat Catelyn

Robin of House Hill Lily Valley

Atropis the Elf Honeyed Chicken

Eryon KiDisater

Lord_Tyrion Robin of House Hill

Adz Baitac

Lady Oleana the Maid of Woodlynne

Zabzy Prince Mountian Goat

Alytha Eryon

Anubiel Atropis the Elf

Odendisa Lord_Tyrion

Gillio Kobayashi Maru

Kobayashi Maru Arya Kiddin'

Arya Kiddin' Gillio

ONLY LOOK IF YOU WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH!

Giver Giftee

Lany Alytha

Catelyn Anubiel

DreamSongs Odendisa

Zar Zabzy

KiDisater Lany

Expecto Patronum Lady Oleana

the Maid of Woodlynne Fragile Bird

TC DreamSongs

Baitac Zar

Lily Valley Adz

Honeyed Chicken Expecto Patronum

Fragile Bird TC

Prince Mountian Goat Catelyn

Robin of House Hill Lily Valley

Atropis the Elf Honeyed Chicken

Eryon KiDisater

Lord_Tyrion Robin of House Hill

Adz Baitac

Lady Oleana the Maid of Woodlynne

Zabzy Prince Mountian Goat

Alytha Eryon

Anubiel Atropis the Elf

Odendisa Lord_Tyrion

Gillio Kobayashi Maru

Kobayashi Maru Arya Kiddin'

Arya Kiddin' Gillio

Finally!!!!!!! It was killing me not knowing!!! Thank you!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, I bumped this thread to proof I had crumbed Zabzy was my giftee in a cleverly dark way:

:tantrum: You can't try! It's like you've got a million facts at your fingertips! (And a sorting list to prove them!)

If you had googled this line, you would have found out it's from Woody Allen's Manhattan.

MUST RESIST THE URGE. :eek: I'll just go find something that calms me down right away.

And this is one of the most famous lines from Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

and um, since I noticed no one figured it out I crumbed it again after L.O.'s prodding:

Is it TC??

Lany?

Or someone further off on the globe?

Now, if you had to guess, who would you guess? (I guess my crumbs are hard to decypher perhaps?) :ninja: I have every faith in it... as I have faith in relations between people :P. I guess that makes it more fun for me because the crumbs are so shamelessly bold if you know where they are there would be no doubt of who it is :).

GIFTEE GOT A HINT ANYWAY IN A NOTE.

The bolded is a line from Roman Holiday, starring Audrey Hepburn

Meh...confess that I had you confused. I shipped out a tshirt to L_T from CapClave at the same time I shipped out Odie's gift. You just assumed it was something I had cross-stitched and his SS gift :P

Actually, I was confused with a few things, like EPs gift to L.O. And tmows lie about wrapping :P

But the guessing is soooo much fun :d

I thought I recognized the quote from Breakfast at Tiffany's - we had watched it around the time of the post too - I just didn't put the two together :dunce:

Seriously, EP pretty much made my Christmas. I was so excited and happy for my gifts :wub: and still am. Looking forward to making some of the recipes (might just do it for the return of TWD!).

Thanks again Lany - this thread really is a beautiful thing :D

But the guessing is soooo much fun :D

I thought I recognized the quote from Breakfast at Tiffany's - we had watched it around the time of the post too - I just didn't put the two together :dunce:

Seriously, EP pretty much made my Christmas. I was so excited and happy for my gifts :wub: and still am. Looking forward to making some of the recipes (might just do it for the return of TWD!).

Thanks again Lany - this thread really is a beautiful thing :D

AWWW L.O.!!! I'm so glad you liked your gifts!! I was browsing and came across the book and I was like… hmm… I HAVE TO GIFT THIS TO LO!!!! =P so yeah! I'm also happy you could not figure who I was >=P

Archived