NHL 2013-14 - Yes, there's a thread for that

Jabronius Maximus

Well I'm being told that the results matter, so a borderline play (I'm going to continue to call it borderline, since Eriksson never touched the puck, and it was kinda high) that concusses a guy, yeah, maybe they should fine or suspend him. This is basically what the NFL does, probably to cover their butts from concussion lawsuits.

Really what steams me the most is the inconsistency in the penalties for Neal and Thornton. Reduce Thornton to 10 (he is appealing) or keep Thornton at 15 and bump Neal up to 10. This is the source of most of my anger.

Yeah cause slew-footing another player who is looking the other way, and then punching the defenseless player twice in the face is definitely only a ten game suspension. What a joke.

Looks like the reason you are stopping here is because your team is just as scummy as mine, yet you can't admit it. But go ahead keep on making excuses for Thornton.

Remind me again why Chara wasn't suspended for decapitating Pacorietty?

My team plays on the edge, and Marchand is a dirty rat. I won't quibble about that. But the Bruins have the reputation to match, and the Pens don't, despite Neal's history, despite sheltering Cooke, despite Sydney Crosby being a whiny little brat on the ice.

I don't know why Chara wasn't suspended. Must have been a clean play with a bad result. I don't think the Montreal police found anything in their investigation either.

You notice I'm not rattling my sabers about what happened to Johnny Boychuck when Pacioretty hit him in the game right before the Pens-Bruins game we're discussing. I am pissed about the lenient treatment the Pens are getting. Sorry I have opinions.

And you can say what you want about the Roethlisberger argument, but you're the one who thought it'd be a good idea to step into it and say "he wasn't charged!" I didn't put those words in your mouth. You were the one who thought they were relevant to the case of a wealthy, overprivileged football star who took a drunk underage girl into a bathroom and stationed his off-duty cop buddies outside the door to keep her friends from checking on her.

My team plays on the edge, and Marchand is a dirty rat. I won't quibble about that. But the Bruins have the reputation to match, and the Pens don't, despite Neal's history, despite sheltering Cooke, despite Sydney Crosby being a whiny little brat on the ice.

I don't know why Chara wasn't suspended. Must have been a clean play with a bad result. I don't think the Montreal police found anything in their investigation either.

You notice I'm not rattling my sabers about what happened to Johnny Boychuck when Pacioretty hit him in the game right before the Pens-Bruins game we're discussing. I am pissed about the lenient treatment the Pens are getting. Sorry I have opinions.

And you can say what you want about the Roethlisberger argument, but you're the one who thought it'd be a good idea to step into it and say "he wasn't charged!" I didn't put those words in your mouth. You were the one who thought they were relevant to the case of a wealthy, overprivileged football star who took a drunk underage girl into a bathroom and stationed his off-duty cop buddies outside the door to keep her friends from checking on her.

I think the Pens certainly have a reputation for playing on the edge and beIng dirty at times. Also why do you keep on bringing up Sidney Crosby? What does his being a whiner have to do with dirty play?

Funny that you absolve Chara for his hit, yet one of your the links showing Matt Cooke was dirty was his hit on Karlsson which he wasn't suspended for. So must have been a clean play right?

And once again you have a horrible memory. I said he wasn't charged because I was pointing out how dumb it is to act like a fourth grader when discussing sports. Obviously to you sports can't be discussed without also using elementary school taunts. And considering no one was talking about the case I don't think my statement was relevant to his defense. But instead was a comment on the juvenile way you approach sports talk.

ETA: Should I copy and paste our PM's from that discussion?

Gods I hate Crosby so much, Always been an Ovi guy

Me and my brother always get in the Malkin/Crosby argument (me arguing in Malkins favor) but it's not really all that close, Crosby is better.

I know Crosby is better, but I was shocked when I saw the argument from a hardware standpoint (it's basically a tie, actually):

Malkin: 2 scoring titles, 1 rocket richard, 1 Hart and 1 Conn Smythe

Crosby: 1 scoring title, 1 rocket richard, 1 Hart trophy

Also I'd argue that Malkin's peak is better than anyone's, problem is he isn't at his peak too often. Really the only thing Crosby has going for him is points per game, and even that is coming down this year.

Funny that you absolve Chara for his hit, yet one of your the links showing Matt Cooke was dirty was his hit on Karlsson which he wasn't suspended for. So must have been a clean play right?

The point you made was that only us dumb Boston homers think Cooke hasn't been rehabilitated. My links were in support of that. Clearly there are Senators fans out there who think Cooke is still a scumbag, and the other article, I think, shows that there are plenty of others who are also suspicious of Cooke, so I am pretty sure you were wrong about that, eh? Whether or not the Karlsson hit was dirty is only relevant in that Cooke's reputation is so bad, even something that could have been an accident gets the worst interpretation by most hockey fans.

I'm done discussing it with you. I've said what I wanted to say. Do what you want with PMs, if you really think that'll give you the moral high ground you think you so deserve. But creeping Jesus, what a pathetic threat.

That's debatable. I'm not even sure he's the best player on his team. I'd take Malkin over Crosby.

Edit: Ninja'd by Hector

Well now we'll see what Crosby is really made of. No Malkin, Neal, or any of the top 4 defensemen are healthy for the Pens right now. It's up to Crosby to carry them now, something he hasn't done in a long long time.

The point you made was that only us dumb Boston homers think Cooke hasn't been rehabilitated. My links were in support of that. Clearly there are Senators fans out there who think Cooke is still a scumbag, and the other article, I think, shows that there are plenty of others who are also suspicious of Cooke, so I am pretty sure you were wrong about that, eh? Whether or not the Karlsson hit was dirty is only relevant in that Cooke's reputation is so bad, even something that could have been an accident gets the worst interpretation by most hockey fans.

I'm done discussing it with you. I've said what I wanted to say. Do what you want with PMs, if you really think that'll give you the moral high ground you think you so deserve. But creeping Jesus, what a pathetic threat.

Jesus you really are a hypocrite. I'm the one trying to have the moral high ground, after you said you were going to stop discussing this issue with me due to my supposed support of Ben Roethlesberger? Who was it that brought all that back up? Who was it that attempted to, twice, discredit me by lying about what was said during that earlier discussion? I only had to bring up the PM's because you purposely tried to make it seem as if I was trying to defend the moral character of Ben.

But I think this proves my point about your memory if you think posting those PMs was a threat. All that happened was I tried to clarify my position to you, and then I apologized for bugging you. So all the PMs would prove was my point that I never was attempting to defend the actions of Ben.

Well now we'll see what Crosby is really made of. No Malkin, Neal, or any of the top 4 defensemen are healthy for the Pens right now. It's up to Crosby to carry them now, something he hasn't done in a long long time.

I think you have to factor in Crosby's injury history into the debate on who is better between him and Malkin. I mean before he suffered his major concussion in 11 (I think) he had something like 64 (32 goals and 32 assists) points through 41 games. That would have been his defining season so far, and added some hardware to his trophy room.

Reny, is it only dumb Boston homers who doubt the rehabilitation of Matt Cooke?

I guess not, I had thought his image was on the upward swing. I must have been caught in Pens echo chamber.

Although I do think Ottawa fans would have been rabid for anyone's blood, regardless of the player's history, had they been the one to deliver the hit to Karlsson.

I guess not, I had thought his image was on the upward swing. I must have been caught in Pens echo chamber.

Although I do think Ottawa fans would have been rabid for anyone's blood, regardless of the player's history, had they been the one to deliver the hit to Karlsson.

Thanks for that. And I acknowledge that I am in a bit of Bruins echo chamber.

I wish a whole lot of misfortune on Matt Cooke, to be honest. I think Marc Savard is still very limited in how he can live his life.

I still think Neal got off light.

Archived