Would the series really end as it began, with incest?

Tyrion1991

'KHALEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESI <3 JON <3'

Why do they not know that Jon and Dany have strong chances of hating each other.

I would disagree. I think they would be rather fond off one another. Besides it's not just personal wants that might propel them in a relationship, there is also a political aspect to such a pairing (http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/97183-a-political-match-between-jon-and-dany-focussing-on-essosi-expansion-long-with-summary/)

I would disagree. I think they would be rather fond off one another. Besides it's not just personal wants that might propel them in a relationship, there is also a political aspect to such a pairing (http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/97183-a-political-match-between-jon-and-dany-focussing-on-essosi-expansion-long-with-summary/)

Could, if Dany stops being persistent in her ignorant hate of Starks.

Could, if Dany stops being persistent in her ignorant hate of Starks.

Of course she'll learn the truth. Her travels on the Sea of Dothrak have made her ready to face the truth.

Guys, Jon may as well be dead. We all know GRRM. Everyone seems to be clinging to this idea that Jon must be alive. I assume this is because people want the R + L = J theory to be true because it is a logical step towards a potential ending to the series.

GRRM has often said he doesn't read, or in any case does not bother with online theories. Assuming Jon is alive because GRRM will put in the R+L=J theory is just ignorant. I hope it is the truth, but we all better just assume that Jon is dead to prevent disappointment. At least that's what I'm doing.

Doesn't matter cuz Dany and Jon will never be a thing thank the gods you sweet summer child

Praise Red R'hlorr, the merciful Seven, the mighty Old Gods, the Drowned God, the Many faced God and any other deity you care to praise. The very idea of this happening is so weird, not just the incest, but the people. I think its more likely they'll fight on opposing sides, and IMO they definitely wont have any attraction towards one another

Guys, Jon may as well be dead. We all know GRRM. Everyone seems to be clinging to this idea that Jon must be alive. I assume this is because people want the R + L = J theory to be true because it is a logical step towards a potential ending to the series.

GRRM has often said he doesn't read, or in any case does not bother with online theories. Assuming Jon is alive because GRRM will put in the R+L=J theory is just ignorant. I hope it is the truth, but we all better just assume that Jon is dead to prevent disappointment. At least that's what I'm doing.

Of course we know GRRM. Remember the Prologue where Maester Cressen died. There he explained all the details about the strangler poison. Then we saw it in action at the purple wedding. All the posions are explained somewhere then later used in the series, without telling which poison it is. My point is that GRRM likes to tell his story with this indirect connections and it makes the storytelling much better.

Now do you think the Prologue of ADwD where Varamyr lives his second life in his direwolf is has no connection with the end of the book where Jon is stabbed? Some even think that the stab wounds are not deadly and put him in a comatose state.

What I'd really like to see is Jon, Dany, and Stannis, none of them married, all at the wall, and bickering about what to do about the Others. Toss in Arya and that's going to be some awsome book sections.

I don't think the Dany/Jon ship will happen. But it's not 100 percent certain either. Know what I find even more unlikely though? Jon willingly giving up on the Wall or the fight against the Others. I think he'd literally have to be dragged off in chains to get him out of that part of the world. So no IT Jon. And there can't be a Jon Dany ship unless she gives up on the IT and goes north. Then, there's a slim chance of it. One argument for it might be that Jon likes strong barbarian women. Dany is strong and while not a real barbarian, a pseudo barbarian. Jon's not Dany's type, but he's extremely competent and that might win her over if she seems him leading.

Okay, Dany sees both Jon and Mr. Blue Beard in action, which is she going to be most impressed by?

Not arguing for the Dany/Jon ship, just sorta exploring the vague possibility.

Now to get the Stan stans really mad, what about Stannis having an affair with Dany? Stan is prone to getting some on the side, and Dany is exploring currently.

But they have to marry, The North and South need to be reconciled. Having a symbolic Targ/Stark marriage at the end makes a lot of sense. The House of the Undying visions show the blue rose in a wall of ice mentioned alongside Khal Drogo. Even from the beginning theres been this weird link to Danys arc with Jon having Jorahs sword and him trying to get with Dany. With Jorahs dad adopting Jon as a substitute son. So I think subtly its being implied Jon is a younger and less bitter version of Jorah. So its a logical place for the whole Dany needs to get over bad boys thing as well.

How will their story arcs play out for them to end up together? Without a deus ex machina?

I've literally never seen anyone actually say "I want Dany and Jon to fall in love and marry, or become lovers." In all the speculating I've seen and done about it, there has always been the mention of them being aunt and nephew. I think naysayers are just too quick to think any mention of them together is a cliche because they just don't like it. I don't think its unrealistic as far as a bittersweet end with a political marriage and (non-cliched ending).

Also, if he began it with incest, there's no reason it can't end with incest, especially as that would definitely not be what people would expect out of archetypal/typical fantasy.

To be honest, most Jon fans don't want to see a Jon-Dany wedding because he has a claim to the throne without needing her. But most Dany fans do want to see this 'abomination' because she needs to marry him to have a claim to the throne - else Jon is the rightful heir and not Dany.

To be honest, most Jon fans don't want to see a Jon-Dany wedding because he has a claim to the throne without needing her. But most Dany fans do want to see this 'abomination' because she needs to marry him to have a claim to the throne - else Jon is the rightful heir and not Dany.

I'm a Dany fan but don't want/expect to see her on the Throne or together with Jon for that matter. Also, she's his aunt so it's not as disgusting as Cersei and Jaime.

Archived