Would the series really end as it began, with incest?

Tyrion1991

The more I think about it, and do re-reads (particularly interesting is the Arianne WoW spoiler chapter), the more I am convinced that Dany and Jon will be enemies in the endgame, not lovers. And that whole three heads of the dragon business means that the upcoming dance of dragons will be Dany vs (f)Aegon vs Jon.

WoW spoiler

"Everywhere the dragons danced, people died."

I don't believe the South would make Jon King unless Dany expressly makes him heir beforehand and Tyrion is in a position of unassailable power in the south. Unless those two things come to pass I can't see it happening. The fact he is a bastard and his heritage is going to be VERY difficult to believe as it rests on the incredulous testimony of one man Howland Reed would undermine any case for having a son of Rhaegar bringing any actual order or stability..

The North is not militarily powerful enough and lacks the motivation to make Jon King of the Iron Throne on its own.

Plus, this assumes Dany dies at the end of the series without having any children herself. Given that her womb is shown as quickening at the end its perfectly plausible that she has a child to continue the Targ line.

I also don't see Jon as King for the same reason I can't see Arya as Queen. GRRM made a big point about how good soldiers don't make good kings, Jon and Aryas arcs have had very little, if anything, to do with ruling. Jon is commander of a very small military order; its not the same as being King. In Danys arc, she does do this, however much she fails in Mereen and so shes clearly trying to get better at this. Sansa is a different kettle of fish, as is Tyrion. With them I could see them as suiting those roles and ruling/being Queen has been central to what they've done.

Hilarious thread.

about this: Jon and Aryas arcs have had very little, if anything, to do with ruling. Jon is commander of a very small military order; its not the same as being King.

mmmm.... this is, how do I put it....

WROOOOOOONG!

Jon's arc had everything to do with ruling! Everything! He acts as a military leader and a political leader! He stands up to a real king, he acts as a bloody Lord Paramour when he merges the Thenns with the house Karstark. Jeez, if the point of all this eludes some people, maybe they shouldn't read books that invole actually thinking about what they read.

I wonder what would freak people out more. If Jon were to marry Dany, or if it ends with him marrying Sansa Stark as Jon Targaryen, or even Arya?!!!??

Jon + Sansa/Arya of course. They were raised as siblings.

It's a fun thread, right? Please tell me ...

What exactly is wrong with incest ?

What exactly is not wrong with incest ??

I wonder what would freak people out more. If Jon were to marry Dany, or if it ends with him marrying Sansa Stark as Jon Targaryen, or even Arya?!!!??

Don't know. But right now I want to physically hurt someone. Something. Whatever. :rolleyes:

I don't know why so many people have a problem with the Jon/Dany ship. In Westeros it would barely be considered incest, and they were not raised together so it's not as creepy as it would be if Jon married one of his "cousins" (Sansa or Arya).

The more I think about it, and do re-reads (particularly interesting is the Arianne WoW spoiler chapter), the more I am convinced that Dany and Jon will be enemies in the endgame, not lovers. And that whole three heads of the dragon business means that the upcoming dance of dragons will be Dany vs (f)Aegon vs Jon.

WoW spoiler

"Everywhere the dragons danced, people died."

That's unlikely, considering that GRRM said we probably won't find out more about Rhaegar and Lyanna until the last book, whereas the second dance has actually been pushed back from ADwD, implying that Jon is not involved.

I don't know why so many people have a problem with the Jon/Dany ship. In Westeros it would barely be considered incest, and they were not raised together so it's not as creepy as it would be if Jon married one of his "cousins" (Sansa or Arya).

That's unlikely, considering that GRRM said we probably won't find out more about Rhaegar and Lyanna until the last book, whereas the second dance has actually been pushed back from ADwD, implying that Jon is not involved.

1. I won't really have a problem with a JonXDany ship if its purely political, and they end up absolutely hating each other but if they end up happily married with the pitter-patter of little webbed feet throughout the RK ill die from the cheesiness. But that said, I want Jon to be happily married and I don't see that with Dany sooo boooooo Dany, Boo Dany. boo.

2. I don't think Jon will be involved until the very end of TDWD2.0 after Dany defeats fAegon she will go North to deal with the KITN and that's when and where his parentage will be revealed.

^ There's a mature post if I ever saw one... *cough*sarcasm*cough*

This hating on Dany or Tyrion or Jon is something baffling to me. They are all great characters, and the three main protagonists (if anything the Corn code thread proved is that GRRM loves the power of number 3). So the childish notion of hating them for whatever silly reason is really stupid to me. Hate on the Boltons or Freys, or Cersei.

Whatever, words are wind.

Jon + Sansa/Arya of course. They were raised as siblings.

Oh yes, Jansa is definitely worse. I feel like the Starks are my family, so it's especially creepy.

This has probaly been brought up before, but how about Dany + Jon + Tyrion, all Targs, and in a happy marriage? Dragons all around. Dany is the ruler, Jon is the brawn/battle general, and Tyrion is the brains/political strategist.

Oh yes, Jansa is definitely worse. I feel like the Starks are my family, so it's especially creepy.

This has probaly been brought up before, but how about Dany + Jon + Tyrion, all Targs, and in a happy marriage? Dragons all around. Dany is the ruler, Jon is the brawn/battle general, and Tyrion is the brains/political strategist.

Tyrion is not a Targ! :bang:

After all the cringey comments I saw on the facebook fanpages I used to frequent for Game of Thrones stuff about Dany-Jon romance I honestly want to punch old people when I see people advocating the pairing of Dany and Jon lol.

Jon + Dany <3 !!!! I called your bluff :p

Archived