NaNoWriMo 2013: Who's in?

Minaku

I started 2 days late the last time I did this, but I had a few days when I had no obligations and no kids to look after so I'd churn out 5k.

1811 today. Relatively easy day compared to yesterday's slog.

The last time I managed to win (in, er, highschool) it was due to a 6000 word day on the last one.

Once I did 10k in a day (on something else.) I wasn't trying for it or anything, the story just came together and I knew exactly what needed to happen and how to write it, and bam, 10k without noticing.

Yesterday was lame - just barely 1300, though i'm still on track overall.

The only thing I researched yesterday is how many heartbeats a person is likely to have in a month and renaissance italian male names and a bit on Dante.

Having written nothing yesterday, in favour of reading the whole of The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms and then getting mildly drunk with my husband, I knocked off around 600 words during today's morning commute. Raring to go this evening.

I keep feeling vaguely guilty about not working on various toher half-finished stuff. I know this is mostly a fluffy exercise that is built on not caring about it very much and that's not going to go anywhere, so why, if I have writing-energy, am I not putting it into something I do care about and do care about finishing? Grrr.

Hey!

So I've been lurking this board for a bit (my normal posts, if any, are over on the BOD side of things). But I figured I'd say hi since I am doing NaNo as well, if not in the traditional sort of way- I didn't sign up at the site, I'm just sort of, you know, doing it.

Datepalm, I totally hear what you're saying. This is my first year trying NaNo and instead of following the advice of doing a wholly new work, I am using it as motivation to do a full rewrite of a project that I kept starting and losing motivation on for the last several years. I might not get to 50k, but I have gotten a lot farther with it than I have before, and hopefully I can roll up enough energy to power through after November and finish it as a whole.

Anyway, I suppose my thoughts are if you are doing it as an exercise with the intention of keeping that energy running after November with your other projects (the steamroller method, I suppose), that seems totally fine to me. But I also think that if you want to focus on the things you really want to work on, that would be fine too. NaNo doesn't have to box you in to its formula.

Welcome to everyone new, boo to Howdyphillip, I'm fairly well on track, hit 1800 or so yesterday and am trying to hit 1800 daily. This Saturday I might have some time to get ahead. Sunday is busy busy.

Only did about 1,000 today. With my schedule next week I'm a bit worried that I've slid too far off track to hit 50k, but I think I'm on track for at least 40k and I would still be happy with that. I suspect I will be doing a major push over Thanksgiving though, along with everyone else!

I am not partaking in NaNoWriMo, as I have been working on something which I started in summer, but good luck to you guys.

I've been trying to increase my tempo for the sake of quality though, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I just keep rewriting stuff or thinking over one paragraph for minutes.

I've actually spent those few hours I had today composing a stanza in dróttkvætt, instead of getting out few hundred words, so that describes my writing habits nicely.

I hope you are all having fun with your works.

Awesome Minaku! Also, Saturday is the day the people of NaNoWriMo are trying to encourage a write-a-thon to catch up.

That's great Ella!

I only made half my goal last night before I was too tired and my writing started to turn delirious :lol: I'll be playing catch up through the weekend as well.

Not to get anyone off track, but does anyone else have certain songs/bands that are inspiring their current work or that you enjoy listening to as you write? These are my two big ones : Arctic Monkeys- Do I Wanna Know? and The NBHD - Sweater Weather.

Good luck and great job to everyone! Every word written is more than the people on the couch! (Wait.. I write on the couch.. Maybe that only works for running..)

Archived