Is there any place for the Stag and the Lion during the upcoming Dance of Dragons?

Señor de la Tormenta

Stannis won't be able to make the dance, too busy in the North. Aegon (or Tyrion on his behalf) will have conquered the Lannister's of the West in the second field of fire prior to the Dance. The Lannisters of KL will be hostage, taken when Varys and the Faith hands KL over to Aegon.

Why is everyone so convinced that there'll be another Dance of the Dragons? I know that when GRRM was asked about the Dance of the Dragons he said "which one?" but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I still find it hard to see why Aegon and Dany would want to fight each other.

Why is everyone so convinced that there'll be another Dance of the Dragons? I know that when GRRM was asked about the Dance of the Dragons he said "which one?" but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I still find it hard to see why Aegon and Dany would want to fight each other.

[spoiler/] what anout the little girls dream? I think it is in one of Ariane WOW chapters... She says "I saw dragons dancing, and everywere they dance, people died"

I think Daven will die at the RW 2.0 at Riverrun before he gets to lead forces against the Lannisters. Damion is Castellan of CR, and that requires him to stay at CR. I think Jaime will be the one leading Lannister forces as he is the only one capable.

Ser Rodrik lead an army to fight the ironborn when he was castellan of Winterfell, Damion could do the same thing. Jaime is unlikely to survive his encounter withy LS.

The Stags and Lions will never be completely out of the game IMO. They still have support and influance, even if it is breaking down. Same with all other houses, big or small, as long as there is a single member left. They will play parts one way or another if Aegon and Daenerys (and Jon?) decide to duke it out.

For myself I've been thinking a little about this as of late and here's what I think. The Lannisters will probably back Daenerys for several reasons. All of this of course depends on that the Lannisters are acting as a unified House and that Cersei don't become the real leader of House Lannister, even if she retains the title of Lady of Casterly Rock. If Cersei does become the real power then things will probably go to hell for the Lannisters unless Tyrion shows up and saves them.

But to return to the issue of what House Lannister will do. What I suspect will happen is that poor Tommen is likely to be murdered by Aegon's men and so the Lannisters will in a way be loosened from their ties to the Iron Throne. Given that the Martells, JonCon and Aegon are all looking for Lannister blood the Lannisters obviously can't and won't side with that part due to nothing more than self-preservation.

But Daenerys is different. For one thing she isn't into destroying entire Houses, as can be seen in the light of her sparing her hostages depsite that the Harp's Sons continues their campaign against her, and so I don't think that she wants to destroy House Lannisters now when pretty much everyone who was involved with killing Targaryens are gone (Tywin, Lorch and Gregor are all dead) and Jaime will probably die with Tommen if Stoneheart don't hang him, or he'll be out of the picture. If, and note that it is an IF, this comes to pass then House Lannister could easily see that joining Daenerys is a much better choice than allowing Aegon to continue to rule and destroy them.

This has got alot of holes on it but that's what I think might be a possible scenario.

For myself I've been thinking a little about this as of late and here's what I think. The Lannisters will probably back Daenerys for several reasons. All of this of course depends on that the Lannisters are acting as a unified House and that Cersei don't become the real leader of House Lannister, even if she retains the title of Lady of Casterly Rock. If Cersei does become the real power then things will probably go to hell for the Lannisters unless Tyrion shows up and saves them.

But to return to the issue of what House Lannister will do. What I suspect will happen is that poor Tommen is likely to be murdered by Aegon's men and so the Lannisters will in a way be loosened from their ties to the Iron Throne. Given that the Martells, JonCon and Aegon are all looking for Lannister blood the Lannisters obviously can't and won't side with that part due to nothing more than self-preservation.

But Daenerys is different. For one thing she isn't into destroying entire Houses, as can be seen in the light of her sparing her hostages depsite that the Harp's Sons continues their campaign against her, and so I don't think that she wants to destroy House Lannisters now when pretty much everyone who was involved with killing Targaryens are gone (Tywin, Lorch and Gregor are all dead) and Jaime will probably die with Tommen if Stoneheart don't hang him, or he'll be out of the picture. If, and note that it is an IF, this comes to pass then House Lannister could easily see that joining Daenerys is a much better choice than allowing Aegon to continue to rule and destroy them.

This has got alot of holes on it but that's what I think might be a possible scenario.

But that Daenerys is gone(the sparing hostages) I am pretty sure now she wouldn't mind destroying an entire house like Aegon the conqueror to harren the black.

Ser Rodrik lead an army to fight the ironborn when he was castellan of Winterfell, Damion could do the same thing. Jaime is unlikely to survive his encounter withy LS.

I don't think so, if Jaime is going to be killed by LS, how is he going to fulfill his role as the valonqar? I don't think Brienne will let Jaime die.

But that Daenerys is gone(the sparing hostages) I am pretty sure now she wouldn't mind destroying an entire house like Aegon the conqueror to harren the black.

I don't know. I never got that vibe from her. She will probably toughen up but I can't see her turning to kill people who have not actually done something to her or her kin themselves.

I used to think that the only point of having Dany in the House of the Undying see the scene where Aerys says 'let him by King over cooked meat and charred bones' (or something like that) is so that if Jaime tells her why he killed Aerys she will believe him. Now Its hard to see him ever meeting her.

When the dragons dance it is time for the lions to hide under their rock and stags to slink back into the woods.

If that meant they survived that's what they should do. Nothing wrong with slinking.

I don't know. I never got that vibe from her. She will probably toughen up but I can't see her turning to kill people who have not actually done something to her or her kin themselves.

I agree she wont kill people who haven't done anything wrong to her, but I am sure she wont spare people who don't bend the knee, since she failed at doing that in meereen.

Archived