Did Cersei know.....

Bartimus Stone

the true story of Jamie and the Mad Kings death (why he did it)? Had Jamie told the same story to Cersei (at some point) that he had told to Brienne in the Bathhouse?

Seems to me that he would have told her everything, that was the nature of their relationship. Seems to me he needed to explain himself to someone and Cersei would have been the one.

I can just imagine Jaime breaking down and giving this heartfelt confession while Cersei gives him a thousand-yard stare complete with infrequent nods and "Mm-hmms,". Meanwhile inside her head she's thinking about how long it would take Robert to get annoyed if she started 'accidentally' stepping on the back of his feet while walking behind him.

Cercei doesnt care. She use him to get what she want (protection, autosexuality) He might have told her but she classed it in the "who gives a fuck" part of her brain.

I think that Cersei may have been the one person that Jaime never felt the need to justify himself to. When he does tell Brienne,he is trying to explain himself, tom justify why he did what he did.

True, and I don't think a woman who has no qualms against killing children is exactly going to be angry or annoyed with her brother for killing a mad king.

the true story of Jamie and the Mad Kings death (why he did it)? Had Jamie told the same story to Cersei (at some point) that he had told to Brienne in the Bathhouse?

Seems to me that he would have told her everything, that was the nature of their relationship. Seems to me he needed to explain himself to someone and Cersei would have been the one.

I don’t believe that anyone other than Jaime and Brienne know why Jaime killed the Mad King. At least, there is no textual evidence to suggest that anyone else does. Whenever Cersei recollects the past or thinks of Jaime or Aerys, she never thinks of anything that would even hint at her knowing.

Also, it’s made clear that neither Cersei nor Jaime truly know each other half as well as they thought they did. In AFFC, Jaime comes to the realization that Cersei is the stranger, she’s been hiding her true face from him along. Likewise, Cersei doesn’t seem to know much about Jaime. They both have been hiding plenty from each other. What’s more, Cersei has never shown interest in Jaime as a person. Not that we’ve seen, anyways. Most likely, Jaime never told her because that’s not the type of conversation Cersei would be receptive to.

I think that Cersei may have been the one person that Jaime never felt the need to justify himself to. When he does tell Brienne,he is trying to explain himself, tom justify why he did what he did.

Jaime opening up to Brienne and revealing his greatest secret was about a lot more than simply justifying himself. If it were only that, then he would have told Ned Stark or the Blackfish the same story. The fact that he revealed such a thing to Brienne alone, says a lot about the connection they share (and I’m not saying it’s romantic, just really deep). For all his supposed love for Cersei, he has never been as real or as honest with her, as he’s been with Brienne.

cercsi probably wouldn't care, as so many have been so gracious as to point out. but as to the point of the question, i dont think jamie told her. he had no real reason to, because cercsi didnt hate him for it like so many others did, she didnt give a fuck. and theres no evidence in the books that point to him telling her

I don't think Jaime has ever been as earnest with Cersei as he was with Brienne that one time. It would have seemed like weakness, and Cersei dislikes that. Moreover, she really doesn't care, and Jaime has always taken her indifference for acceptance, so there was no need to explain something he thought she already knew.

Why does everyone put the blame on Cersei? I'm sure she would be more than interested to hear this story about all the wildfire under KL. Jaime never told Cersei, probably because he wanted to be the tough guy who doesn't whine about silly emotional things. Their relationship wasn't actually that deep, and that's just as much Jaime's fault. Remember what an asshole he was before his hand was cut off, throwing boys from towers and stuff. His so called special connection with his sister was just as superficial as the rest of his life.

I think he might have told Cersei and Tyrion (who until Brienne are his only real confidants, I think).

Cersei wouldn't care that he saved a lot of worthless peasants from being incinerated, though she'd be glad Aerys was dead.

Tyrion might have been told, but at the time be a tad too young to truly understand.

Thinking again about if Jamie had told Cersei or Tyrion about the real reason for killing the Mad King because he was about to light up Kings Landing with Wild Fire.

Wasn't there are chapter when Tyrion is searching for as much wild fire as he could get his hands on for the Battle of Blackwater Bay and the Pyromancers were finding it in places all over the kingdom (exaggerating this a bit) that they didn't know were there. That they were surprised that it was hidden in these places and lucky that it didn't blow up.

I think this may show that Tyrion and possibly Cersei "didn't know" about Jamie's real reason for killing the Mad King. It would have been figured out by one of the two that this was the reason why it was hidden and forgotten. Tyrion would have said something like, "that must be what was left over when the Mad King was planting wild fire all over the kingdom before Jamie killed him.

Why does everyone put the blame on Cersei? I'm sure she would be more than interested to hear this story about all the wildfire under KL. Jaime never told Cersei, probably because he wanted to be the tough guy who doesn't whine about silly emotional things. Their relationship wasn't actually that deep, and that's just as much Jaime's fault. Remember what an asshole he was before his hand was cut off, throwing boys from towers and stuff. His so called special connection with his sister was just as superficial as the rest of his life.

Jaime and Cersei's "special" connection was extremely shallow. But people blame Cersei because she's a psychopath who has never shown compassion towards others. Jaime, for all his idiocy, can feel compassion. Also, he was willing to sacrifice a great deal for Cersei, while the inverse was never true. Cersei never cared about Jaime as a person, only as her tool. She didn’t even care that he had been maimed. She was only concerned that it made him less attractive and useful to her. Also, this “silly emotionally thing” had obviously been weighing on Jaime for years, but he could never share it with Cersei because she doesn’t have the emotional intelligence to understand or care.

Archived