What would be the worst plot twist ever?

Reginald blackfield

Why oh why did you have to drag up those awful memories? I thought I had moved past it, tucked away that ending in some dark recess of my mind.... And now you come along and drag it up again?! Damn you! Damn you to hell!

Just tryin to spread the joy for those who didn't get to experience it!

Having any dead character be alive again. We have been there already ... too much.

In all fairness, I was surprised each and every time a character has been 'brought back.'

I was really shocked at Catelyn's return. The Red Wedding was no surprise, as I was spoiled on it like everyone else...but because of Lady Stoneheart in the epilogue, ASOS still managed to surprise me in the end.

Martin also convinced me that Davos was a goner...twice. Once in AFFC and again when Manderly sends him to the Wolf's Den.

I was up in the air about Brienne, and was also convinced that the Hound was gone until I came on here and read that there is good evidence that he might not be.

I honestly would rather have prominent characters complete their arcs, rather than having them die as random casualties at points that make no sense.

I recently read this gem (source): a perfect encapsulation of the ASoIaF ending if most of fan theories were true:

Jon Targaryen-Stark, King in the North and the 6 other Kingdoms, collapsed into the snow. All was lost. Even their united army of 20 Azor Ahai and thousands of secret Targaryens had not been enough to defeat the Others. His newly-wighted dragon, Viserion, now flew above the battlefield breathing ice down upon the remnants of his army, the corpses of his co-riders Tyrion and Jaime still strapped to his back.

There had been last minute reinforcements: his brother leading an army of cannibals on unicorns screaming "KING IN DA NORF!"; the High Septon with an army of crannogmen and the Faith Militant; his uncle with an inexplicably blue beard leading armies of children of the forest, sellswords and one massive army consisting solely of clones of himself; an Ironborn hivemind controlled entirely by their king; my semi-half brother Aegon Blackfyre-Targaryen with an army of sellswords and his mother Varys with an army of merlings. But they were not enough. The Others, led by my brother Bran and also my uncle again, had blown the true horn of Joramun and crushed most beneath the collapse of the Wall, while we were distracted by some random gravedigger fighting a headless dude in black armour.

While all this was happening, I used ancient Valyrian travel magic to find my father Rhaegar's harp in the crypts of Winterfell. Next to it I found the diary of my second father Ned, detailing the exploits of my third and fourth fathers, Robert and Benjen, and how I was given birth to simultaneously by Wylla, Ashara Dayne and Lyanna by 4 different fathers.

As the Others rushed forwards over the last remnants of the armies of men, a nerw trumpet rang out. Over the hills behind me surged a new army, utterly destroying the massed Other forces. At its head ran a figure on all fours in resplendent Valyrian Steel battle armor as around it their army cried "THE POUNCE! THE POUNCE! THE POUNCE THAT WAS PROMISED!"

Ho-ly shit :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I recently read this gem (source): a perfect encapsulation of the ASoIaF ending if most of fan theories were true:

Jon Targaryen-Stark, King in the North and the 6 other Kingdoms, collapsed into the snow. All was lost. Even their united army of 20 Azor Ahai and thousands of secret Targaryens had not been enough to defeat the Others. His newly-wighted dragon, Viserion, now flew above the battlefield breathing ice down upon the remnants of his army, the corpses of his co-riders Tyrion and Jaime still strapped to his back.

There had been last minute reinforcements: his brother leading an army of cannibals on unicorns screaming "KING IN DA NORF!"; the High Septon with an army of crannogmen and the Faith Militant; his uncle with an inexplicably blue beard leading armies of children of the forest, sellswords and one massive army consisting solely of clones of himself; an Ironborn hivemind controlled entirely by their king; my semi-half brother Aegon Blackfyre-Targaryen with an army of sellswords and his mother Varys with an army of merlings. But they were not enough. The Others, led by my brother Bran and also my uncle again, had blown the true horn of Joramun and crushed most beneath the collapse of the Wall, while we were distracted by some random gravedigger fighting a headless dude in black armour.

While all this was happening, I used ancient Valyrian travel magic to find my father Rhaegar's harp in the crypts of Winterfell. Next to it I found the diary of my second father Ned, detailing the exploits of my third and fourth fathers, Robert and Benjen, and how I was given birth to simultaneously by Wylla, Ashara Dayne and Lyanna by 4 different fathers.

As the Others rushed forwards over the last remnants of the armies of men, a nerw trumpet rang out. Over the hills behind me surged a new army, utterly destroying the massed Other forces. At its head ran a figure on all fours in resplendent Valyrian Steel battle armor as around it their army cried "THE POUNCE! THE POUNCE! THE POUNCE THAT WAS PROMISED!"

Good Lord :lol: :lol:

Any stark dying and becoming a POV direwolf would be the worst thing i could think of. I would seriously have to consider skipping the ten pages of smelling this and that and running after squirrels and deer.

And that's the entire last two books. Also, Lady comes back to life and we read a detailed comparison of her eating habits with those of the other direwolves.

Apart from total bs like its all a dream or patchface becomes king, if most of the fan theories in here turned out to be true that would be disappointing as any of these people could write it. Worst would have to be the most predictable thereby not being a good enough twist.

Jon surviving well enough to be a major player straight away or maybe again

R+L=J after getting married or even with hope that he's the saviour and then he saves everyone

Jon and danny ending up together

Any of these and he starts to head back to the old fantasy of happy endings and pretty stories about princesses that sansa probably liked. If the twist is it all turns out to be a fairy tale, i hope the last book is a party set in the shire

Bran was dreaming the whole time. When he wakes up, Jon tells Bran about his mother Wylla, Robb is happily married to Roslin, everyone is alive, Dany never existed, they're about to celebrate Sansa's wedding to Joff, and all the direwolves turn out to just be big dumb dogs. Hodor looks at Bran and says "Hodor."

This would piss me off so badly that I would fall into depression :frown5: :frown5: :frown5: :frown5:

That all of Westeros, Essos, the summer islands and sothoros actually is just...... Middle earth that has transformed due to a cataclysmic earthquake long ago caused by the now freed morgoth. I just cant think of anything more bad than this.

OR varus is in fact the the decendant to a long lost targ and his whole plan all along was to manipulate everyone into killing each other so that when he reveals himself there will be no opposition.

All Hail King Varys, Son of whatever, Grandson of the true king Aerion Brightflame, AAR reborn in madness, Breaker of Puppets and Killer of tourney horses.

Archived