Do you think Joff was homosexual?

fuem

I no I no.. But it seems like he never showed interest with woman unless forcing them to hurt each other or being forced into acting the role etc with Sansa/Margy. Though he never shows interest in the male sex either was he Asexual?

Your thoughts and views i would love to hear them

Well, he was sexually interested in Sansa even after his betrothal to Margaery, so I don't think so.

I think he was mostly interested in causing Sansa pain, which isn't necessarily connected with her gender. But I definitely don't see him as gay. He's just a straight up sadist and I wouldn't be surprised if gender didn't play a super predominant rule in what gave him sexual pleasure.

First, to specify, books only: He was twelve into thirteen and talked about bedding Sansa a few times. But again, he was young and a lack of interest in women doesn't mean a lot. Tommen had his words about going into a dark place in his mind when Joff would bully him, but not much about that suggests it was sexual abuse.

ShowJoff doesn't count since he's D&D's child is much more a sadist and obviously seems interested in women... except only when they are in pain. A sadist. We haven't seen him interact with males the way he did with the whores. The only "hint" is his "Renly was a perv and I should make being gay punishable by death" speech, which says little. No matter what glee says, not every homophobe is secretly gay. And again, take into account this is not the same Joffrey that GRRM wrote, and D&D are not very great with gay themes from what we've seen.

Short answer, no, book or show Joff is not.

I think he was mostly interested in causing Sansa pain, which isn't necessarily connected with her gender. But I definitely don't see him as gay. He's just a straight up sadist and I wouldn't be surprised if gender didn't play a super predominant rule in what gave him sexual pleasure.

True. I would definitely not be surprised either.

Well just because one expresses a ton of interest in boys does not mean homosexuality because said person could also just as well be bisexual with a preference for men.

Same logic in reverse

Just saying that -homosexuality- should not be assumed so quickly when its possible said person is bisexual.

He didn't show interest in women in a sexual way because, as was said, he was still just a child. So people in general were just play things to him.

I think kids are capable especially little boys. Thinking back to elementary school there were little boys who would chase the little girls for kisses on the playground. Or holding hands and kissing on the cheek was a big deal.

It's not wanting to have sex but there are preliminary stages or innocent ways to show sexual interest imo.

On topic IA Joff probably is a sadist. He does show sexual interest so he's not asexual.

I'd say he is probably heterosexual, no real reason to assume otherwise, and he does state his intention (multiple times) to take Sansa as his mistress, though we never hear of him have sex with anyone, which for a teenager with near unlimited power seems quite strange.

TV show Joff is definitely asexual, he shows no interest in the whores Tyrion got for him, other than to make them hurt each other, kind of strange for a 15/16 yo, he seems to display no sexual feelings whatsoever, and his threats towards Sansa are just another way of hurting her.

Like the majority of people he was likely heterosexual. But if he was gay, who cares? His sexual orientation wasn't important enough for GRRM to mention and, as has already been mentioned, book Joffrey was 12/13. I know I wasn't sexually active when I was that young.

But if he was gay, who cares?

Impatient readers who need tWoW to come out, of course.

I think this topic would have a lot more merit if there were any text interpretations. Renly and Loras aren't simply called "gay" in the books, it's heavily hinted. Maybe there's small passages that could be found to indicate it I predict any would just be reaching...

Joffrey is a child who has been raised to be a monster, that's all of it.

Why do you think he has such perversion, if not because he would do such things to his mother as revenge for his own treatment?

Hard lessons and greatness dreams, that was he has been given and told he is owed, yet of all people who charm him his mother is at the same time the one who defies him the most "She is THE Queen". And he learned some BAD things from his father beating his mother too, I bet he believes woman's place is in the kitchen.

of all people who charm him his mother is at the same time the one who defies him the most "She is THE Queen". And he learned some BAD things from his father beating his mother too, I bet he believes woman's place is in the kitchen.

Hehehe... this reminds of season three of the show where Cersei and Joff were talking. Cersei reminds him that Marge married Renly. Joff defends her by saying something like "Margaery did what she was told. That's what smart women do. *glare* What they're told."

I hate sexism, but that was just plain funny.

Archived