Game Of Thrones Spin Off?

Muggle

Iv heard that GRRM is working with HBO to do a spin off. Another series set in the Westeros universe. But isn't the GOT plot.

From what I can tell the obvious choices are.

Roberts Rebellion

Dance with Dragons

Blackfyre Rebillions

Dunk + Egg

What do you guys think this eventual spinoff show will be?

From what i understand. The spinoff is going to happen it just depends if HBO approves what GRRM submits to them.

You've heard? As in you're an insider?

Im to understand he signed a contract with hbo for another show. There just hashing out the details.

A quick google search brings this up.....

http://www.hypable.com/2013/03/20/george-r-r-martin-dunk-egg-game-of-thrones-prequel/

but thanks for the tone.

While GRRM hints at Dunk and Egg. It all comes down to HBO and what they approve of.

While I would absolutely LOVE it if it was about Roberts Rebellion, it seems more than likely that it will be a Dunk & Egg spin-off (which is equally as exciting) as it seems to be the project in which GRRM is putting his time into. Plus I think it'll make for some great viewing!

Age of Heroes, the Rise and Doom of Valyria and the Targaryen Conquest.

As much as I'd love this (!!!), we won't get it for the same reasons we'll never get the Silmarillion on the big or small screen. At least not soon.

While I would absolutely LOVE it if it was about Roberts Rebellion, it seems more than likely that it will be a Dunk & Egg spin-off (which is equally as exciting) as it seems to be the project in which GRRM is putting his time into. Plus I think it'll make for some great viewing!

My feelings exactly! I'd prefer RR but I'll totally take D&E.

Im to understand he signed a contract with hbo for another show. There just hashing out the details.

A quick google search brings this up.....

http://www.hypable.com/2013/03/20/george-r-r-martin-dunk-egg-game-of-thrones-prequel/

but thanks for the tone.

While GRRM hints at Dunk and Egg. It all comes down to HBO and what they approve of.

Well the way you started the topic out of the blue long after the fact it seemed as though you had some new information.

Dunk and Egg would be neat. It would give us a nice adventure bromance story.

I would like to see a Valyrian Freehold story. But I think it would be to similar to Rome. or showtimes Spartacus even tho I would like to see "the game" played between the politicians of the Major Houses of Valyra

Didn't Martin kind of dismiss a Robert's Rebellion series back in last year's Comic-Con or something? He said we pretty much know all (or most) of what went down...

Personally, I'd like an amalgam of the D&E novellas. Maybe they could tweak chronology a bit so we can get the Redgrass Field and the Tourney at Whitewalls in the same series

I don't think there will be much to tell about Robert's Rebellion once the main series is finished - I think (hope) the backstory will be filled in when we discover more about R + L etc. I would love a TV spinoff of D&E as I'm a Bloodraven fangirl and want to see him in his prime.

It's going to be called the Tower of Joy and it's going to focus on Rhaegar visiting Lyanna Stark in the the titular tower. It's a romantic comedy and each week they'll get into madcap adventures. Typical episodes will have Rhaegar singing and playing his harp or bringing a blue flower to Lyanna and telling her he loves he but she better not burn the mutton again! Casting rumors include Kristen Stewart as Lyanna and Robert Pattinson as Rhaegar and a entirely new character invented for the show named Roompy. I'm just kidding I have no idea.

I thought it was confirmed to be the tales of dunk and egg ?

Nope. I don't even think they're working on anything yet, with all that Martin has on his plate. HBO probably knows it's in their best interest to let him focus on finishing the main series.

I am frequently asked whether or not there are any plans for Dunk & Egg movies or television shows. There has been interest, yes, but the rights situation is complicated. Film and television rights to the characters and the three published Dunk & Egg stories remain with me at present... but HBO, when acquiring the rights to the SONG OF ICE & FIRE novels, also acquired film and television rights to the world of Westeros. So if we did Dunk & Egg with anyone else, we would need to remove all the references to House Targaryen, the Iron Throne, etc... not completely impossible, but certainly undesireable. Whereas if HBO decided they wanted to make a Dunk & Egg miniseries or TV movies, they'd first need to buy the stories. That's a much more attractive proposition for all concerned, I think... but if it happens, it will happen years from now, not tomorrow, and not next week.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/365715.html

Archived