Game Of Thrones Spin Off?

Muggle

HBO and George might, but not D&D. They have already stated that they are only interested in ASoIaF and will not be involved in any type of Westeros spin off. They want to finish with 7 seasons.

Yes, and D&D have been pretty emphatic about only being interested in adapting ASOIAF.

They've stated pretty explicitly recently that they are looking forward to moving on.

That seems to be the subtext in most of their interviews.

• 8 months later...

My absolute front-runner would be: "Daemon" and make it an epic-mini series like they did with John Adams.

It would cover the Targaryan dynasty from it's absolute height to the end of the Dance...it could include his knighting/handing of Dark Sister, the end of Jaehaerys I's long reign, the extremely interesting dynamic w/Viserys, it could chart the whole feud with the Hightowers (Otto/Alicent would be awesome to hate), the building/conquering of the Narrow Sea/Stepstones in exile, Rhaenrya's whole story, be introduced to the Velaryons/Driftmark/Seasmoke, and the epic fight in vs. Aemond. A series in that time frame could really story-tell well and build a new series to an epic Dance conclusion.

Characters like Otto, Alicent, Aemond, and Criston Cole would be awesome to bring to life. Not to mention Daemon, Rhaenyra, Addam, and a sh*t ton of dragons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind reading a story that takes place in the future where we get views on what happened "back then" a few generations removed from the action.

I agree, it would be pretty cool if people were refering to things in the past that us viewers have already seen, but probably not gonna happen unfortunately.

A murder mystery. A knight is commissioned by Ned Stark to investigate savage murders being committed around the Dreadfort

That might be short:

Investigating knight: Lord Bolton, I'm here to investigate some murders.

Roose: Have you tried speaking with Ramsay?

Investigating knight: Oh, your bastard?

*gets murdered*

Ramsay: Don't call me bastard!

That might be short:

Investigating knight: Lord Bolton, I'm here to investigate some murders.

Roose: Have you tried speaking with Ramsay?

Investigating knight: Oh, your bastard?

*gets murdered*

Ramsay: Don't call me bastard!

They could merge True Detective and GoT. That's pretty much a wet dream for me.

I think a horror based anthology show set across different eras in Westerosi history would be awesome. Each episode would be bookended by Old Nan telling someone a bedtime story. "Old Nan's Bedtime Stories" would be a hit.

Ooh, it would provide some easy work for former GoT actors and actresses after the series ends. Come in, spend an hour in makeup made to look a little younger, and record 90 seconds or so of reaction shots to be edited into the episode. The neat thing is that they could have the stories clearly related to the character the story is being told to. It could be young Ned Stark hearing about a too-honorable noble who cut off too many heads and got his own cut off. A young Frey (she may be connected to their family) could hear the story of the Rat Cook.

Anything but more Targaryen bollocks please. We already get to much of that shoved down our throats from the books.

D&E (I'm aware theres Targs in d&e), RR or anything North/Stark related would be frekkin' awesome!

I'm sure it would be Dunk and Egg, just because I think I remember Martin saying that a story about Robert's Rebellion would be made unnecessary due to all the reveals in ASOIAF.

That said, I would love a series based the relationship between Aerys II and Tywin. You'd start off during the War of the Ninepenny Kings, back when they were already good friends. Aerys was even knighted by Tywin. Then you'd zoom forward a bit to the relationship drama with Joanna. Then the eventual falling out and the Defiance of Duskendale. And finally finish with Tywin's betrayal during the Rebellion. In many ways, their failed friendship is a catalyst for a lot of what happens later on. And you can't properly tell the story of Robert's Rebellion without first understanding how the Mad King got that way, or without knowing the true depth of Tywin's actions.

I wouldn't necessarily need to be more than a miniseries, either -- there's been some really good historical dramas about the entire reign of British monarchs condensed into less than ten episodes (example: The Virgin Queen).

Archived