Season 5 casting - v. 4 [Spoilers]

Arkash

Pryce seemed like the least excited person on the reel.

Most of the others were young and trying to make it in the acting world, so they clearly felt the need to show as much excitement as possible. Pryce is old and respected and didn't need to bother.

Maybe there was. It's said that they have her a chance to reaudition for the role, so apparently she just wasn't good enough for the expanded role.

EDIT: we haven't seen Aimee act since season 2 and she was a peripheral character back then. If Myrcella becomes really important (which seems to be the case) Aimee might be for for the role.

Could be. Who knows. We're all outsiders trying to glimpse inside. Besides, after the Daario recast failure, I've learned not to care about recasting tertiary characters.

What about Green grace? Shaveplate?

I think they are trying to surprise people and not list everyone. I've seen some good posts showing how this was done in season 2 and 3.

Most of the others were young and trying to make it in the acting world, so they clearly felt the need to show as much excitement as possible. Pryce is old and respected and didn't need to bother.

Dr. Bashir seemed pretty giddy despite having a solid career. It was just funny seeing all of the excitement then we get to Pryce who had to double check what his character's name was. I like how he said he's playing High Sparrow like that's his actual name.

Pia actually still had her teeth, she was still pretty attractive if I remember, even after her beating.

Pia and Jaime need to be together, I wouldn't mind DnD in this particular instance if they diverged from the books and had a Pia/Jaime sex scene. :drool: (Pia's one of my favorite side-characters in the books)

Ugh, keep that stuff for your fan fiction. For all the ranting about D&D not being faithful to the book characterization, many fans obviously care even less about characters as long as they get some sex on the show. Sure, why not, let's fuck up Jaime's characterization even more and make it even more inconsistent, let's obliterate one of his main character traits of his, that of being a romantic and a one woman man, and let's also make him a sleezebag who is only helping a rape victim because he wants a piece of that action! It's worth it to see NCW naked! :rolleyes:

Why do we even need Jaime to be like Jaime in the show? Let's make him into a prettier Bronn. In fact, since Bronn is the coolest, bestest, perfectest male character, let's have all male characters be like Bronn. All female characters should be either like Margaery, or like Margaery with a sword. And then they can all get naked and have an orgy in a brothel while exchanging snappy one liners.

Will Rory McCann stay in the show? If he may return in TWOW he will return i S6. So instead wrighting him out and in again they will keep him. Any toughts?

Or even late in season 5. We don't know how much TWOW stuff will be in season 5.

Could be. Who knows. We're all outsiders trying to glimpse inside. Besides, after the Daario recast failure, I've learned not to care about recasting tertiary characters.

I disagree that the Daario recasting was a disaster. The previous actor was terrible. He may have looked more the part to some people, but he Couldn't act! Since Daario's role is clearly expanding, particularly in season 5 (possibly even taking Quentyn's role and freeing the dragons) they actually very much needed an actor, not a model with a single facial expression.

Dr. Bashir seemed pretty giddy despite having a solid career. It was just funny seeing all of the excitement then we get to Pryce who had to double check what his character's name was. I like how he said he's playing High Sparrow like that's his actual name.

He, remember Diana Rigg in season 3 : "Olianna Tyrell" ! ^^

Could it be that instead of arianne seduceing oakheart to make myrcella king, it would be myrcella herself who convinces trystane to help her become queen? It is possible becuase she does have cersei's genes and cersei herself mentions that myrcella is much stronger than tommen and is more like joff. It would make sense because i think it is mentioned somewhere that trystane falls deply in love with her and myrcella might use this love to cause trystane to disobey his dad. Why else would they age myrcella up? They wont have nude ar intimate scenes, but i'm pretty sure there is gonna be scenes like the one with tommen and margery.

I disagree that the Daario recasting was a disaster. The previous actor was terrible. He may have looked more the part to some people, but he Couldn't act! Since Daario's role is clearly expanding, particularly in season 5 (possibly even taking Quentyn's role and freeing the dragons) they actually very much needed an actor, not a model with a single facial expression.

I agree that the Daario recasting wasn't a disaster. With the original Daario casting, it seems like they were going for a chiseled look, and the actor was either directed to, or made the choice to, play it very suave and aloof. I reminded me of, dare I say it, a Faabio-type Daario. Chemistry-wise, that just didn't work. With the recasting, we have a more romantic-type, and that creates a much better chemistry with Dany.

Could it be that instead of arianne seduceing oakheart to make myrcella king, it would be myrcella herself who convinces trystane to help her become queen? It is possible becuase she does have cersei's genes and cersei herself mentions that myrcella is much stronger than tommen and is more like joff. It would make sense because i think it is mentioned somewhere that trystane falls deply in love with her and myrcella might use this love to cause trystane to disobey his dad. Why else would they age myrcella up? They wont have nude ar intimate scenes, but i'm pretty sure there is gonna be scenes like the one with tommen and margery.

Um, they didn't age her up. The new actress is 15.

And please, everyone, for the love of Old Gods and the New, the Lord of Light, the Drowned and the Many-Faced God and the God of Tits and Wine, could we stop with this "oh they could just change every character in the story into being their exact opposite, why not, it will still be the same story"?!?! :blink:

Neither were good actors, but the first guy looked exactly how I pictured Daario. He screamed "you know you shouldn't be going home with me tonight but you are going to happily anyways."

Neither were good actors, but the first guy looked exactly how I pictured Daario. He screamed "you know you shouldn't be going home with me tonight but you are going to happily anyways."

Huismann is a good actor. You not liking him is a different issue.

I agree that the Daario recasting wasn't a disaster. With the original Daario casting, it seems like they were going for a chiseled look, and the actor was either directed to, or made the choice to, play it very suave and aloof. I reminded me of, dare I say it, a Faabio-type Daario. Chemistry-wise, that just didn't work. With the recasting, we have a more romantic-type, and that creates a much better chemistry with Dany.

He's not a romantic dude.......he's a man whore, lol.

Um, they didn't age her up. The new actress is 15.

And please, everyone, for the love of Old Gods and the New, the Lord of Light, the Drowned and the Many-Faced God and the God of Tits and Wine, could we stop with this "oh they could just change every character in the story into being their exact opposite, why not, it will still be the same story"?!?! :blink:

Please!

The Mountain had punched a few of her teeth out.

Yeah I know, I meant to say that she still had some of her teeth.

Why do we even need Jaime to be like Jaime in the show? Let's make him into a prettier Bronn. In fact, since Bronn is the coolest, bestest, perfectest male character, let's have all male characters be like Bronn. All female characters should be either like Margaery, or like Margaery with a sword. And then they can all get naked and have an orgy in a brothel while exchanging snappy one liners.

No need to get worked up, I wasn't entirely serious. (Still love you Pia/Jaime)

The first Daario was the best one, he really was the Daario I pictured from the books, a witty douchebag. While Michael Huisman (not even going to call him Daario) is just some nice guy.

Archived