Videogames: Ultimate Evil Edition

Rhom

It doesn't matter. I got reported a shit ton last night in one game in which I never typed a word. Went 6-1-5 and the 4 man premade kept spamming I was ksing. Then they reported me. After I dragged their sorry asses to victory.

It's just not a fun game anymore unless you're on a 5 person premade.

You won't get banned or anything if people report you for bullshit reasons. Tribunal isn't even active right now, all bans are handed out by an automated system for leaving games and chat restrictions for flaming. So it's not really anything to get concerned about, and shit like that is exactly why I mute everyone. You never hear them whine about ks.

I still find it fun in short bursts. I'll play it a ton for like 2 or 3 weeks and then get burnt out on it and not touch it again for a few months. Always end up coming back to LoL or Dota 2 eventually.

You won't get banned or anything if people report you for bullshit reasons. Tribunal isn't even active right now, all bans are handed out by an automated system for leaving games and chat restrictions for flaming. So it's not really anything to get concerned about, and shit like that is exactly why I mute everyone. You never hear them whine about ks.

I still find it fun in short bursts. I'll play it a ton for like 2 or 3 weeks and then get burnt out on it and not touch it again for a few months. Always end up coming back to LoL or Dota 2 eventually.

I recently got a two week ban. It went from a 10 game chat restriction to a straight up long ban. And I didn't do anything outside of calling out 1 guy's diving. I didn't play for a few weeks, logged in and saw the 10 game chat restriction, played 3 games, with only one being problematic at all. Next time I logged in a few days later I had received a 2 week ban. I don't get it!

I recently got a two week ban. It went from a 10 game chat restriction to a straight up long ban. And I didn't do anything outside of calling out 1 guy's diving. I didn't play for a few weeks, logged in and saw the 10 game chat restriction, played 3 games, with only one being problematic at all. Next time I logged in a few days later I had received a 2 week ban. I don't get it!

I dunno. I've played LoL for years on and off and never gotten so much as a warning from Riot, and I've had people tell me they were going to report for me bullshit reasons tons of times. But even before turning off chat entirely I rarely said anything in it. I've gotten to the point of arguing with someone in chat twice as far as I can recall, and both times I stopped playing the game for a few months after. I don't wanna be that guy, and there's no point playing if it's just stressing me out.

Well I guess I will have to apply your methods and see what happens. God I can't wait to get out of WI. Only three more weeks. Until then, I think I'm gonna stomp some bitches with jungle yi, vi, trox and xin. See you on the other side.

I'm sure you'll earn your Microsoft employee of the month award the way you are sniping at this game at every opportunity.
Ah - that's what you meant by conflict of interest. Gotcha. You think because I work at MS that I will slam anything done by PS.

Okay. Other than the notion that there's actual evidence on the boards that this isn't the case, here's the thing: I get to have an opinion. Sometimes it's not agreeing with yours or other people. Ellie parading around like the tuba player for the OSU marching band while you're sneaking by took me out of the moment entirely. It reminded me that this wasn't some sneaky bit; it's instead a game. It kind of sucked. Since you like the 'everyone disagrees with you and therefore you're wrong' thing, Penny Arcade even did a fairly amusing comic on it - so it's not like I'm the only one that thinks as such.

The story is amazing. The voice acting and general craft of the game is best in class. I didn't like the gameplay that much. Sorry. Let it go already.

And to defuse your insipid sniping further, here's another opinion: Titanfall is just okay. It's super fun to play but it gets old fairly fast. The depth in gameplay just isn't there. It's great fun to jump in and play for a bit when you have the time but it feels like part of a game and not the whole thing. More game modes would help significantly, though how you'd do something while having the titan/pilot dichotomy would be tough.

Also: the xbox live being down thing sucked hard. Just horrible. Sony has had problems like that in the past, but this was just brutal - especially since it made games like Titanfall totally unplayable. You couldn't even log in.

So apparently people can just jump into your game in Diablo 3 with no warning. Yeah, they were on friends list, but still wasn't really looking for co-op at the time. I'm going to have to check the menu to see if there's a way lock everyone out.

Ran into my first Nemesis. Killed it, but didn't get any good loot. A Legendary to send back to it's creator, but just some common stuff for myself. I thought I was supposed to get good stuff too. Also had my first death, but I don't know if I made a Nemesis.

Ellie parading around like the tuba player for the OSU marching band while you're sneaking by took me out of the moment entirely. It reminded me that this wasn't some sneaky bit; it's instead a game. It kind of sucked.

Yeah, that was pretty ridiculous. There was point where I was trying to sneak around some hunters and one of them walked up to within inches of Ellie. She wasn't behind a box or anything; right out in his line of sight. But it was ok, she was crouching so he couldn't see her. It does spoil the experience a little. But, OTOH, do you really want 15 minutes of work ruined because of an NPC? Oh wait, that happened too, many times, thanks to Trigger-Happy-Tess. And don't get me started on Bill.

Given the choice, I'd rather have the occasional silliness of invisisble NPC's than having to re-do entire sections because the AI decided to be an ass.

The best part is that there is plenty of room for us both to get what we want. I'll happily spend the next several months playing Diabo 3 and Destiny over and over. And leave the rest to those who like a more story driven approach.

It just irriates me when the industry blames the consumers for poor sales instead of looking at it self-critically, realizing that most of their games are just shit, and then taking steps to improve them. Maybe I'll change my mind on story driven games once they figure out a better of keeping the player involved, instead of just a series of cut-scenes and QTE's with a couple of shooty bits in between.

That's certainly true. Its a multibillion dollar industry, it should be able to cater to all tastes instead of fumbling badly on one fad after another all while pouring money into graphics instead of anything else; which, because that's so expensive, in turn drives up costs and prevents studios from taking nearly any interesting risks.

Makes you wonder why Nintendo hasn't been the number 1 selling consoles every generation, and Sega didn't last as a hardware maker.

Myself, I just want to be entertained. I don't particularly mind if the balance is more story and characters, or gameplay, best if it's both of course, but it's rare to get the convergence of talent necessary to get the full monte. Hard enough to get it in the more simple mediums of TV and movies. Good gameplay can compensate for for naff story, good story and characters can compensate for ordinary gameplay. Graphics are great and enhance the experience of both good story and good gameplay. But great graphics can't carry a game that has bad story, characters and bad gameplay.

The most evil game, solely because of the players, is League of Legends.

Spoken like someone who has never played another MOBA :) League of Legends has one of the least hostile communities of any game in the genre, which, yes, is a bit like saying "the best vomit."

Regarding your issues with reports and being temp banned, I don't know you or anything but I sort of suspect that if we could see the chatlogs it would look a lot like the people begging to be unbanned on the Xbox Live forums, which is full of people swearing up and down that they didn't do anything wrong right up until the MS rep advises that they were banned for calling people "fags" for ten minutes straight. Not that you'd do that -- but I'm always skeptical with these stories that the people complaining are as innocent as they make themselves out to be.

I have to say, Diablo 3 is MUCH better now than launch day. I'm having a blast with Adventure Mode and I am finally getting Legendary drops, in the base game I only got a single crappy Legendary in my entire playthrough all the way to Inferno, now I'm getting more legendaries than I know what to do with.

I have to say, Diablo 3 is MUCH better now than launch day. I'm having a blast with Adventure Mode and I am finally getting Legendary drops, in the base game I only got a single crappy Legendary in my entire playthrough all the way to Inferno, now I'm getting more legendaries than I know what to do with.

Yes, the Legendaries aren't quite so legendary now.

It kind of reminds me of the time when I first hit level 60 in WoW and my GM said, "Man... we really need to get you blued out." :rofl:

The quality of gear drops in Loot 2.0 revision that preceded RoS really went through the roof. It made the game much more playable, IMHO. And the adventure mode really was a big improvement. Give me a short task that I can run in and do and then get out. :thumbsup:

I liked the Crusader class at first, but it kind of got dull to me after a while because it just seemed so slow and plodding after playing my monk. :dunno: Overall though, I really think RoS went a long way to fix the majority of problems that D3 had.

IDK what that is. I haven't thought about that game since the first week it was released.

They should have just redone Diablo 2 with better graphics and a few new acts. Hours of mindless Meph runs were better that Diablo 3

IDK what that is. I haven't thought about that game since the first week it was released.

They should have just redone Diablo 2 with better graphics and a few new acts. Hours of mindless Meph runs were better that Diablo 3

Reaper of Souls. The expansion to D3 that came out earlier this year.

And wasn't one of the big complaints about D3 that it was just a repeat of D1 and D2? I guess you are more referring to the gameplay. I'm split on that. I understand what they were trying to do with the skill tree in D3; while many people enjoyed spending hours on end to make a Paladin who used a bow or some such... I wasn't one of those, so I like being able to change my build at will.

Once they got rid of things like the RMAH and changed the drop rate to something more reasonable, the game became much more enjoyable for me.

It's way too streamlined for me. I loved having an expanded tree where you could make all sorts of champions. I had a teleport/FB life barb. Was it good? No, not really. Was it fun/ny? Hell yeah. I had four amazing Paladins at one time, all level 99. A hammerdin, an auradin, a charge whore, and the greatest FoH paladin to ever be created. It was also fun to run a 163% FCR wind druid and have a fury druid. Nothing was better than a ww/trap assassin.

All of that is now gone. The characters had one path. They wasn't much variety at all, IIRC, in the skill tree. It was just you have everything and pick the 4 skills you want. Plus it was so damn dumb to have only 4 people to a game. It was really hard to pair up with friends. AND THERE WAS NO FUCKING PVP.

Now I get why they made some changes, but I was so massively disappointed with the game. It looked really cool and was really fun at first. But it was a massive let down from D2E, IMHO.

Edit: I'd be lying if I said I'm not enticed to try the new version (I just read they got rid of that fucking awful auction house shit), but idk.

There was a lot more variety than just four skills...

You could unlock the "slots" and put any skill in any position and it leads to a ton of variability actually. The only difference is, if you wanted to try out a new build... you didn't need to spend 30 hours of playtime to get to the point that it works. :lol:

Archived