Anyone else feel like the starks will never reunite?

ToTheWolves

They may but it's more likly they will get close but just not quite like maybe Arya takes another face for an assasination and comes face to face with Jon but says nothing to keep her cover or Bran through greendreams or warging Ghost, Summer, Nymeria and Shaggydog.

Likly meetups would be Sansa+Rickon, Sansa+Jon and Jon+Rickon.

I think Sansa and Rickon will reunite, and that's it.

Has Sansa even mentioned him once? (Poor kid.)

I think she might meet up with Jon, and they'll appreciate each other for the first time.

Bran is never leaving that cave, so, no non-tree reunion for him.

I think they might see each other again, but that they will be too different at that point to live their former lives again. How bittersweet.

:agree:

They certainly love each other, but at this point they've built up such a romanticized version of their childhoods in Winterfell that to meet each other will be a shock, even disheartening and sad.

GRRM said that Sansa and Arya have "issues" to work out.

Imagine Sansa meeting Bran as he is now? He's a "beastling" "warg"

They've changed so much, the emotional distance will be huge. Imagine the dinner parties?: "So Bran, what was the Cave like, with the Children?"

"I violated my friends' human rights."

"So Joffrey was a jackass, huh?"

"He liked to have his guards hit me and strip me in public."

"Oh..."

Yeah, I think the fact that even if they did reunite by this point all of them have been through so much that it'll never truly be the same is probably the most bittersweet part of the story.

With that said I hope all the remaining DWs totally form a pack and just go on a Frey/Lannister/Bolton killing spree. In regards to the Freys I wish that Lady was still alive cause if any of the DWs could sew it would be her and she could sew their asses onto where there heads used to be.

I think she might meet up with Jon, and they'll appreciate each other for the first time.

I respectfully disagree, and here's the literary evidence as to why.

I agree, Jon and Sansa were never close so them meeting up again wouldn't be too emotional. Plus depending on Jon's stabbing and the fate of Stannis, Jon may be coming in to some power plus Sansa has made her desire for Winterfell clear so they may be on course for a meeting.

Rickon may see Sansa as the reincarnation of Catelyn.

I hope Jon and Arya will reunite. Its pretty strongly implied that they were the closest to each other as siblings. I recently reread AGOT and the scene where Jon gives Arya Needle and tell her "Stick them with pointy end" was so great but the line that put a knot in my throat was when Jon gave Arya advice about keeping Needle a secret and they both said at the same time "And don't tell Sansa!".

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."

I think they will reunite. All of their arcs have been about remaining true to their Stark identities despite being pulled in different directions. I think we will see a Stark reunion, and it will be one of the reasons they live to the end of the series.

I given up on the hope of a reunion. Not just for the Starks but for everyone. GRRM has said Tyrion and Dany will "cross paths" which leads me to believe at some point in the story they'll be in the same building but on different floors. It's starting to get annoying this close to the end. I mean, Rickon might come to the Wall but oh noes Jon is in a coma lol sorry, Rickon and Stark fans.

I think the best chance of a reunion is Rickon and Sansa, though I wouldn't count on it. I see a lot of people thinking Sansa is going to return glory to House Stark, but if she married someone, then she wouldn't be a Stark (she's still technically a Lannister) and neither would her kids. So what's the point?

GRRM has said Tyrion and Dany will "cross paths" which leads me to believe at some point in the story they'll be in the same building but on different floors.

But hasn't that already happenned though?

In Meereen Tyrion was performing with Penny while Dany watched. She saw him from a distance and noted his presence and likewise he was aware that she was there.

His exact words were

Tyrion and Dany will intersect, in a way, but for much of the book they're still apart

In a way they have already intersected, so I guess that perhaps he was referring to something different, such as Tyrion using a false name when he meets Dany.

In regards to a potential Stark reunion, I am quite optimistic, although if it ever happens it will be in the end of the last book.

It would be weird for them not to be reunited, especially Jon and Arya.

But hasn't that already happenned though?

In Meereen Tyrion was performing with Penny while Dany watched. She saw him from a distance and noted his presence and likewise he was aware that she was there.

His exact words were

In a way they have already intersected, so I guess that perhaps he was referring to something different, such as Tyrion using a false name when he meets Dany.

Yep. So more of the same in TWOW. Except maybe this time Dany will know Tyrion is there or something.

Archived