who DONT you want to be a dragonrider

The Second To Last Dragon

Well he is big enough to land on a 1000 lb horse and break it's back. If he is big enough to carry Dany, then the others probably are as well. The whole 'stunted growth due to caging' thing does not apply to animals that have only been locked up a few months. it takes years for that kind of thing to really affect a caged animal. PLus they were in an enormous cave. IMO if Drogon can carry her, then all 3 are now big enough to ride.

A big man like Vic will not be able to ride. Dany is a tiny women.

A big man like Vic will not be able to ride. Dany is a tiny women.

I wouldn't rule it out.

Drogon bore her when he was wounded, taking off pretty much straight up with no chance for a running or gliding start. There was no indication he was struggling. That was some time back, and he had been growing at a pretty good pace before that, so probably has continued to do so.

I find it hilarious that most posters seem to be saying no Victarion or Tyrion as dragonriders when that is EXACTLY what is like to happen in TWOW & it'll be glorious. I'll laugh all the harder at the butthurt when TWOW comes out and this comes to pass. Just so-

Call me a heretic, but I'd love to see Tyrion on a dragon, and I think he could be quite a formidable battle commander.

Further, I wouldn't be surprised. I think it's possible that one reason we saw Tyrion design a special saddle for Bran is so that we wouldn't call foul later when we see Tyrion design a special saddle for a dwarf to ride a dragon.

Nice catch. Very nice catch.

No KrakenZ on DragonZ. No Freys. No Boltons.

TYRION.

If GRRM does such thing, I swear to God I'll burn my books to R'hllor.

:commie:

What if he writes it extremely well, and it's great?

I really find the "if GRRM does X, I'll go on strike" arguments hard to understand, except maybe to a very limited extent as a reaction to the possible death of a character you've bonded with in a very special way. But in response to some event that doesn't hurt anybody? Nonsensical, from my perspective. Martin is highly imaginative, and I'm pretty sure that when it comes to who is going to go dragon-riding, he has had decades to plan. It's going to be good, whether it's Tyrion, Victarion, Jon, Ser Pounce, Osmund Kettleblack or Moon Boy.

I don't want Vic to ride a dragon but OMG, I just might pass out from reading the awesomeness of his chapters.

Tyrion riding a dragon feels a little corny... but I still want it to happen.

I do want to see Tyrion gloriously barbeque every person that dared to cross him.

It would be funny if a dwarf took the rock with a dragon

I find it hilarious that most posters seem to be saying no Victarion or Tyrion as dragonriders when that is EXACTLY what is like to happen in TWOW & it'll be glorious. I'll laugh all the harder at the butthurt when TWOW comes out and this comes to pass. Just so-

You and me both, If that happens I will feed off the tears and rage of their respective haters.

Well I wont be butthurt if Vic does ride, I just dont want him to. Riding Dragons = Awesome, I dont want Vic to have that awesomeness, but if he does Ill get over it.

I really find the "if GRRM does X, I'll go on strike" arguments hard to understand, except maybe to a very limited extent as a reaction to the possible death of a character you've bonded with in a very special way. But in response to some event that doesn't hurt anybody? Nonsensical, from my perspective.

It will hurt a lot of people, didn't you read this thread? ;)

Martin is highly imaginative, and I'm pretty sure that when it comes to who is going to go dragon-riding, he has had decades to plan. It's going to be good, whether it's Tyrion, Victarion, Jon, Ser Pounce, Osmund Kettleblack or Moon Boy.

Nothing imaginitive about Tyrion becoming a dragon rider, anyone not skimming could see it coming even after reading AGOT only.

Melisandre would be the worst

Cersei would be the worst, as far as POVs go. Cersei has the greatest delusions of greatness for any POV (even aCoK Theon) that don't need to be fed, and would lash out against everything but her actual enemies. To top it all off, she can be considered an honorary Targaryen.

Drogon was described as a small horse. The others since they was locked up are much smaller.

Drogon's wingspan was twenty feet tip-to-tip back when he arrived at Daznak's Pit, and weeks have passed between that and the end of ADwD.

I'd love Tyrion riding a dragon.

Honestly, if Martin decides who will get a ride - who am I to criticize it, it's his books after all.

Agreed. I think Tyrion will end up with Viserion (spoilers for TWoW):

• His eyes are black and green, suggesting that he could be placed in the middle of Drogon and Rhaegal.
  • Viserion rode on Dany's shoulder when she was wearing her hrakkar pelt.
  • A blood-stained white dragon cyvasse piece falls at Tyrion's feet in one of his sample chapters from TWoW.

Tyrion goes to the Wall and meets Jon and the Night's Watch. Tyrion goes to Winterfell. Tyrion goes to the Eyrie. Tyrion gets to sit on the Iron Throne and play Hand of the King. Tyrion goes to Pentos, meets Illyrio, meets JonCon and Aegon. Tyrion goes to Meereen. Tyrion fights in battles and lives.

Enough is enough. :tantrum:

Archived