Is it possible that some houses from the Westerlands betray the Lannisters and support either Aegon, or Dany?

Lord Rhaegel Tarly

I don't see why: Like, they can just be neutral or make an excuse to not marshall at the call at whatever Lannister remains to do that.

They can for Cercei what Tywin did for Aerys: sit back and wait.

Right now Dany and Aegon or hundreds of miles away and somebody else's problem, and the Ironborn are raiding the coasts and up the rivrs.

I'd think so, if Aegon and/or Dany decide to invade the Westerlands. I doubt anyone actually wants Cersei as lady of CR. Jaime and Tyrion are also out of the picture (for now). I think Tommen is the only chance left for the Lannister dynasty, but he's no Tywin. Maybe we'll see another House Reyne.

There are dozens of Lannisters though. I don't think Tywin's line will make it, but the Lannisters will survive in some regard imo.

I think once Cersei is dead and gone the Westerlands nobility will fully retreat within their borders, and wait out the war. If they happen to get invaded, I can see most of them surrendering without much of a fight.

If Varys produces Tyrek as a Lannister claimant on the side of Aegon I could see Westerlands factions emerging.

Either way I think they'll be backing a Lannister.

I don't see why would Aegon or even Dany allow Lanisters to rule Westerlands........I don't say that they need to kill them all just exile all Lannisters from Westeros......

Sure. But Westerland Houses are not really that powerful.

SO?

Tyrells were nothing.....they didn't even have their own castle....and yet whit one word from Aegon they become one of most powerful house in Westeros......like Aegon Dany has dragons as well.......and when people from the Westerlands(all tired from Tywin''s and Cersei's rule whit constant war...and whit every chance that if they become more powerful then they already are there is chance they end up like Raynes.....And let's not forget not many people were happy how Tywin destroyed two houses who very likely had relatives among other Westerland's noble houses....)...Also it is mentioned in Cersei's PoV that after Reynes rebellion ended some houses needed to send hostages to CR because of their involvement in the rebellion.....two of which were Cersei's pawns(friends).....one was killed by Cersei for hearing Maggy the Frog's prophecy.....

So yes i think there will be many houses that will welcome whit open arms Dany or Aegon when they arrive......

If Gardners didn't survive i don't see why should Lannisters.........

I don't see why would Aegon or even Dany allow Lanisters to rule Westerlands........I don't say that they need to kill them all just exile all Lannisters from Westeros......

SO?

Tyrells were nothing.....they didn't even have their own castle....and yet whit one word from Aegon they become one of most powerful house in Westeros......like Aegon Dany has dragons as well.......and when people from the Westerlands(all tired from Tywin''s and Cersei's rule whit constant war...and whit every chance that if they become more powerful then they already are there is chance they end up like Raynes.....And let's not forget not many people were happy how Tywin destroyed two houses who very likely had relatives among other Westerland's noble houses....)...Also it is mentioned in Cersei's PoV that after Reynes rebellion ended some houses needed to send hostages to CR because of their involvement in the rebellion.....two of which were Cersei's pawns(friends).....one was killed by Cersei for hearing Maggy the Frog's prophecy.....

So yes i think there will be many houses that will welcome whit open arms Dany or Aegon when they arrive......

If Gardners didn't survive i don't see why should Lannisters.........

But considering all houses from the Westerlands were involved in the sack of King's Landing then, by that logic, Aegon and Dany should exile every single western house: that is very unlikely and something neither of them would do. Also, I can't see the western houses giving up the Lannisters: they have been ruled by the Lannisters since the Andals and have become very rich through them.

But considering all houses from the Westerlands were involved in the sack of King's Landing then, by that logic, Aegon and Dany should exile every single western house: that is very unlikely and something neither of them would do. Also, I can't see the western houses giving up the Lannisters: they have been ruled by the Lannisters since the Andals and have become very rich through them.

There are Houses that were originally kings, like the Farmans of Fair Isle.

If Varys produces Tyrek as a Lannister claimant on the side of Aegon I could see Westerlands factions emerging.

Either way I think they'll be backing a Lannister.

I see that too. If Tyrek is used as a puppet Lord of CR, a few Western lords or lordlings might back him to be on what they think is the winning side.

However, I think the Westerlands would back Dany if CR falls, and Tyrion makes the lords of the Westerlands swear fealty to him as their liege lord and Dany as their queen.

I don't know about that......during TWOFK...Tywin raised almost 50k man.......When he sacked KL he only had 12k man........And even IF all of them were involved in sacking.....i don't think any one of them was expecting that......no one knew that he would sack the city...Also ALL of them is hard word for what Jamie did(killed Aerys)and Tywin(killed the children....whit the help of Clegani and Lorch both of thise houses are destroyed)...those are really hevy crimes Lannisters done to Targaryans........I really cant see Lannister's ruling Westerlands if Targaryans are ruling Westeros.......

I don't know about that......during TWOFK...Tywin raised almost 50k man.......When he sacked KL he only had 12k man........And even IF all of them were involved in sacking.....i don't think any one of them was expecting that......no one knew that he would sack the city...Also ALL of them is hard word for what Jamie did(killed Aerys)and Tywin(killed the children....whit the help of Clegani and Lorch both of thise houses are destroyed)...those are really hevy crimes Lannisters done to Targaryans........I really cant see Lannister's ruling Westerlands if Targaryans are ruling Westeros.......

Why wouldn't they be expecting a sack?

Tywin won't have made the decision in the last second, they'd have been prepared to storm the city as soon as the gates were opened.

Why wouldn't they be expecting a sack?

Tywin won't have made the decision in the last second, they'd have been prepared to storm the city as soon as the gates were opened.

6 days are needed to get from trident to KL...that's how much time Rhaegar needed to march 40k man to trident......after the battle ended in half a day Ned started his race towards KL....so i'd guess he needed 4-5 days considering he had 4-5k man whit him where's Rhaegar had 10 times more...therefor he could go faster whit smaller numbers then Rhaegar....My guess Tywan heard that Rhaegar lost 3-4 days after the battle.....and he had very little time to get to KL before Ned...and he got to KL few hours before Ned......i honestly think he didn't had time to prepare whit his man to sack the city....he ordered the sack in last moments.....also he already had conflict whit his vassals in the past.....i don't think he would confide to them what he would do not until they got to KL...then he ordered sacking the city and killing the children.....

And let's not forget when Crakenhall and Westerling found Jamie killing Aerys...they asked who should they crown as a king....and Jamie wonders about Aegon(his father as hand) or Viserys on Dragonstone......SO noble houses didn't know what Gregor Clegane and Lorch were doing during the sack!

Everything is of course possible and we can never know for sure how people will react if pushed to the wall. But given the loyalty shown so far by the Westermen they are unlikely to be as easily pulled to one side or another as the much more historically divided Riverlands and Reach, or the Stormlands who basically lack a Baratheon to follow at the moment. My hint is that they will follow a Lannister unless Cersei manages to start alienate them from herself, which as I write is probably what she will start to do.

It will certainly be interested to see how it evolves but I think that the Westerlands are more looking for a civil war between Tyrion and Cersei rather than being pulled into the Targaryen struggle, where historically the Lannisters don't seem to have played much of a role anyway.

Everything is of course possible and we can never know for sure how people will react if pushed to the wall. But given the loyalty shown so far by the Westermen they are unlikely to be as easily pulled to one side or another as the much more historically divided Riverlands and Reach, or the Stormlands who basically lack a Baratheon to follow at the moment. My hint is that they will follow a Lannister unless Cersei manages to start alienate them from herself, which as I write is probably what she will start to do.

It will certainly be interested to see how it evolves but I think that the Westerlands are more looking for a civil war between Tyrion and Cersei rather than being pulled into the Targaryen struggle, where historically the Lannisters don't seem to have played much of a role anyway.

Actually they did...Both in DwD and Blackfyre rebellion.....In DWD they supported Aegon II instead of Rhaenyra(wrong pretender considering it was not Aegon who won)...and during Blackfyre rebellion there was civil war in Westerlands several houses sided whit Daemon......

I think it's more likely that we will see a civil war between the Lannisters.

Cersie with Tommen

Tyrion with Dany

Tyrek or perhaps Mrycella with Aegon

and later on Jaime with Jon Targaryen. Although I believe Jaime will be the De Facto leader someone else will claim Casterly Rock while he remains in the King's Guard.

Actually they did...Both in DwD and Blackfyre rebellion.....In DWD they supported Aegon II instead of Rhaenyra(wrong pretender considering it was not Aegon who won)...and during Blackfyre rebellion there was civil war in Westerlands several houses sided whit Daemon......

You're right, sorry by me. I kept thinking on that they didn't have a prominent part in many of the later conflicts. My mistake and I don't know what I was thinking.

6 days are needed to get from trident to KL...that's how much time Rhaegar needed to march 40k man to trident......after the battle ended in half a day Ned started his race towards KL....so i'd guess he needed 4-5 days considering he had 4-5k man whit him where's Rhaegar had 10 times more...therefor he could go faster whit smaller numbers then Rhaegar....My guess Tywan heard that Rhaegar lost 3-4 days after the battle.....and he had very little time to get to KL before Ned...and he got to KL few hours before Ned......i honestly think he didn't had time to prepare whit his man to sack the city....he ordered the sack in last moments.....also he already had conflict whit his vassals in the past.....i don't think he would confide to them what he would do not until they got to KL...then he ordered sacking the city and killing the children.....

And let's not forget when Crakenhall and Westerling found Jamie killing Aerys...they asked who should they crown as a king....and Jamie wonders about Aegon(his father as hand) or Viserys on Dragonstone......SO noble houses didn't know what Gregor Clegane and Lorch were doing during the sack!

I don't buy it, I don't buy that Tywin would march his men to the gates of King's Landing without his vassals knowing his intentions.

The army must have been prepared to storm the city as the gates were opened.

Archived