Acrophobia #10: You Are The Prophesier - Winner: Lady Blizzardborn

Dolorous Gabe

22 entries! Way to up our game!

My choices:

1st 12. New treacherous bannermen, your oath irreversible I think this is the best reference to the Red Wedding.

2nd 20. Northern turmoil Baratheon yields... Obedience irrational This is the best reference to Ned going to King's Landing.

3rd. 10. Neglected towers, Bran yearns...... oh inclination And, of course, Bran will fall.

Honorable mentions:

15. Nearby Trepidation Befalls. Yields omnipotent influence!

19. Nuptials: Trouble - Beware young one's impulses.

Holy entries, batman! I see we have both quality and quantity in game 10. There were a lot of great entries and it was hard to choose, nevertheless, here are my votes:

1. 4. Numerous treacheries before you. Others invade! This sums it up nicely, and pretty much covers everything.

2. 13. Ned Trusting Baelish Yields Only Infamy More specific but still could have made a huge difference if she'd known.

3. 19. Nuptials: Trouble - Beware young one's impulses. Chose this one because even though it is very specific, it's still game-changing.

Honorable mention specifically to number 22, which was in my top four but edged out of the final votes due to urgency factor.

#1 22. Necrosis takes body, yet ongoing insomnia.

(couldn't not put this first. what a mystifying and snotty prediction to receive, though.)

#2 17. Natural transformation beckons. Your objection impedes.

(silly old mother, doesn't want her child transformed to a tree that lives a thousand lives and none.)

#3 New tidings betray you. Obfuscations incoming. (reasonable attempt at warning. this oracle has a heart)

1.17-Natural transformation beckons. Your objection impedes.

2.-8 Never thwart Bran. Your oldest? Infidel.

3.-10 Neglected towers, Bran yearns......

oh inclination.

For me these come closest to the brief,which is a prophesy about Bran which informs Cat's behaviour/attitude towards him.

For me these come closest to the brief,which is a prophesy about Bran which informs Cat's behaviour/attitude towards him.

If multiple voters intend to impose following the brief as a voting condition, then it becomes a defacto requirement for all submissions, lest an entry that actually follows the instructions of the game be put at a competitive disadvantage by drawing from a smaller pool of voters.

I fear that either the briefs must go or the rules must change to require the prophesy to be the event described, which IMO makes for a less interesting game.

The way I chose to interpret it was the brief sets the time in the story when you have access to the character. Then, "what is THE most important thing you'd tell Catelyn at that time." Which could be about Bran or could not. But it seems other voters are unable/unwilling to do so.

The scope becomes very narrow though. A prophecy doesn't necessarily refer to what is just about to happen. A prophecy can be about something a long way into the future.

I did make this fairly clear in my introduction in the very first post. That's the brief to follow.

That said, if you want me to dispense with the little scenarios then I can easily do so. I asked that before and everyone who replied said they wanted them.

I don't really feel strongly for or against the little scene-lets. Generally speaking, hilarious and brilliant still get votes even if they don't quite fit the parameters.

I will do what I want regardless and people will either like my entries or they won't, same as in all the other games of Acrophobia I've played. :D

Archived