13. Asha II

14. Cersei I

15. Arianne I

16. Sansa I

17. Cersei II

18. Melisandre I

19. Davos I

20. Jaime I

You all really think he'll wait that long to show what happens next with Jon, arguably the biggest cliffhanger in the series?

For shame...

I think it's quite likely. The way the story was presented is what happens next on the wall rather than Jon is the cliffhanger. And I don't think we need to see exactly what is happening, some mystery could serve well. I have feeling we may get fed little bits and pieces of rumor and messages to distant POVs who hear about it but cant see it themselves. I think the wall is going to be a blackspot for a while.

You all really think he'll wait that long to show what happens next with Jon, arguably the biggest cliffhanger in the series?

For shame...

I think we'll have to wait that long until we get a new Jon chapter. I think Melisandre will give us a chapter detailing the fallout at the wall though, and what they've done to Jon's body. I do not think he will return immediately though - he has to spend time in Ghost and become more wolfish.

I think we'll have to wait that long until we get a new Jon chapter. I think Melisandre will give us a chapter detailing the fallout at the wall though, and what they've done to Jon's body. I do not think he will return immediately though - he has to spend time in Ghost and become more wolfish.

I believe the same.We will hear rumours about the Wall from Theon and then a Melisandre chapter will explain everything.I doubt Jon Snow has chapters for the first quarter/half.

I have a feeling that Jaime's and Davos' chapter will be somewhere in the beginning, maybe in the very beginning because Jaime should have met Lady Stoneheart before the end of DWD and Davos should have arrived at Skagos long before the end of DWD.

I have a feeling that Jaime's and Davos' chapter will be somewhere in the beginning, maybe in the very beginning because Jaime should have met Lady Stoneheart before the end of DWD and Davos should have arrived at Skagos long before the end of DWD.

I hope we don't get their travelogues.

I hope we don't get their travelogues.

Well, I wouldn't mind one chapter from Davos of just exploring Skagos. Still, even without travelogues, Jaime's chapter logically should be in the beginning as he is missing for like 3-4 weeks already by the time of Kevan's epilogue, meaning he should have already met LS by then. So that meeting happened before the battles in Meereen and Winterfell and it would be logical for the chapters to reflect the time continuity correctly. Well, unless Brienne is taking Jaime to LS by a very long route.

Well, I wouldn't mind one chapter from Davos of just exploring Skagos. Still, even without travelogues, Jaime's chapter logically should be in the beginning as he is missing for like 3-4 weeks already by the time of Kevan's epilogue, meaning he should have already met LS by then. So that meeting happened before the battles in Meereen and Winterfell and it would be logical for the chapters to reflect the time continuity correctly. Well, unless Brienne is taking Jaime to LS by a very long route.

I won't mind Davos exploring Skagos at all, only if we get his travel to the island but hopefully we won't since he's missing half a book, so it'll be skipped probably.

My Guess:

1. Prologue (also giving us some kind of information about Jaime/Brienne

2.-7. Arianne I, Theon I and other chapters of people we haven't heard about in a while e.g. Davos, Samwell, Aeron, Hotah

8.-14.Battle of Meereen: Victarion I, Barristan I, Tyrion I, Barristan II, Tyrion II, Victarion II Tyrion III

15.-18. Single chapters about other exciting places: Cersei, Melisandre, Joncon, Jaime/Brienne (whoever survives)

19.-21. Battle of Ice: two Asha and one Theon chapter, possibly a Davos instead of one of them

22.-27 A Jon chapter, Dany, Arianne II, Mercy, another Cersei, Sansa

That would be already 30% of the book,... wow!

Good guess. Would he cluster the battle of Meereen chapters all together though?

It wouldn't make sense to split them up IMO. Imagine the break in mood that would've come if the action at the Battle of the Blackwater was broken up by glimpses into what Arya and Theon were doing, half a continent away. Same with the events surrounding the Red Wedding. The Battle of Castle Black worked because it took place over a large number of days, from the inital attack south of the Wall, to the initial attack at the gate days/weeks later, to the "turtle" being used days/weeks after that, to Stannis attacking yet a few days after that. The Battle of Meereen will all take place on one day, in one long sequence.

I can see the Mereen battle lasting 50% + of the book. Think of the amount of factions that are fighting and the Volantis fleet hasn't even arrived yet.

It really makes me wonder how much story will be told in this book since we have gathered up a lot of the chapters and thats barely a dent in the story.

50% seem rather farfetched. 8 chapters seem a logical guess for the battle, in a book with somewhere around 70-80 chapters. 10% might thus be about the battle.

Quite alot of story might take place, due the intersection of several POV characters, and the deaths of some others. I still believe in three rather than two books before we reach the end, though.

According to hearsay, GRRM has promised 2 things: An early resolution to the battles of Winterfell and Meereen, and a general northward shift of focus. See book title.

I think Theon is the last POV near Winterfell unless Asha dawdles or escapes. So I'm betting on an early Theon.

He'll leave us hanging as long as possible about Jon. I certainly would and I'm only 70% as sadistic as GRRM. But if WoW Is about the North and beyond the Wall, he'll have to pick it up at least in the first third of the book so things can happen before other things.

We'll find out next year when we all get The Winds.

1. Prologue

2. Samwell

3. Barristan

4. Cersei

5. Tyrion

6. Vic

7. Mel

8. Dany

9. Barristan

10. Arianne

11. Theon

12. Tyrion

13. Sansa

14. Aeron

15. Barristan

16. Asha

17. Vic

18. Bran

19. Jon

20. Theon

I don't dare try to guess beyond that. This is actually really difficult to do. GRRM has said the two battles will happen early, but that doesn't mean he's just going to leave Cersei, Sam, Jaime, Brienne, etc out completely. Then there's the Wall, shit was going down big time up there. So many POV's.

Archived