Which character's story are you most looking forward to developing in TWOW?

ImpinDornish

For me it is Sansa. Her storyline has so much potential. Afterall, she is the only Stark left in Westeros.

Jon is still in Westeros. So is Rickon and I won't be surprised if we see him soon via Davos.

Also, Benjen could be alive.

I agree though that Sansa's story has a lot of potential. I feel like almost anything could happen with her.

Jon is still in Westeros. So is Rickon and I won't be surprised if we see him soon via Davos.

Also, Benjen could be alive.

I agree though that Sansa's story has a lot of potential. I feel like almost anything could happen with her.

Well, by saying Westeros I meant the main part of the continent where all the political drama takes place. Rickon is in a far and mostly unknown island, and Jon is on the wall and near-dead (also Jon has Stark blood, but he is not a legit Stark).

I agree with you that Sansa's storyline is very unpredictable.

Well, by saying Westeros I meant the main part of the continent where all the political drama takes place. Rickon is in a far and mostly unknown island, and Jon is on the wall and near-dead (also Jon has Stark blood, but he is not a legit Stark).

I agree with you that Sansa's storyline is very unpredictable.

If he even made it to Skagos. He could be anywhere....

How close is Martin to finishing dammit?.

Agree with a lot of the above, especially on Sansa, Jaime and Davos/Rickon. Couple of things...Firstly, no-one has mentioned Dany yet, who SURELY will make some progress in this book if she is to make it back to Westeros for all-out war by Dream.

But the one I'm going for is Arya. She's always been my favourite character and every part of her character development has been towards helping her become a massive badass, So I'm looking forward to her coming back to Westeros and killing some people.

Agree with a lot of the above, especially on Sansa, Jaime and Davos/Rickon. Couple of things...Firstly, no-one has mentioned Dany yet, who SURELY will make some progress in this book if she is to make it back to Westeros for all-out war by Dream.

But the one I'm going for is Arya. She's always been my favourite character and every part of her character development has been towards helping her become a massive badass, So I'm looking forward to her coming back to Westeros and killing some people.

I think the reason nobody mentioned Dany is because she's done so little over the last two books that people (I'm one) have grown weary of her story. I mentioned in another thread that I think fAegon has been introduced as a plot device to finally lure Dany back to the iron throne ("no fake Targ is going to steal MY throne!") which will make things more interesting for her to be sure, but at the moment there's no hint of her doing anything really new or unexpected.

Time for some outsiders, I think:

Dickon Tarly. He's been subject to the same upbringing as his brother, but apparently way more successful. Randyll Tarly, being one of the very few "veterans" left in Westeros, is in grave risk of Death By Plot Necessity. Dickon is thirteen, newly wed, heir to Horn Hill and son of a great lord and soldier. He's shown to be honorable and brave enough to report on the soldiers' game about Brienne. His big brother has also relocated to his general vincinity, with Gilly's trip to Horn Hill bridging the two.

Euron Greyjoy. Seriously, what is he up to?

Loras Tyrell. Either, he's gravely wounded, crippled and his pride jacked down a few notches, or he's playing a game. Either route would be intereresting.

Robert Arryn. It's either coming to an end, or taking off somehow. I'd be content with both.

Myrcella Baratheon. Having shown herself a very brave and capable little royal, she's also the centre of a big conspiracy as well as the heir to the Iron Throne should something happen to Tommen.

Missandei. Something is up with that one. What will she do, now that Daenerys has left the city?

Dickon Tarly. He's been subject to the same upbringing as his brother, but apparently way more successful. Randyll Tarly, being one of the very few "veterans" left in Westeros, is in grave risk of Death By Plot Necessity. Dickon is thirteen, newly wed, heir to Horn Hill and son of a great lord and soldier. He's shown to be honorable and brave enough to report on the soldiers' game about Brienne. His big brother has also relocated to his general vincinity, with Gilly's trip to Horn Hill bridging the two.

Euron Greyjoy. Seriously, what is he up to?

Loras Tyrell. Either, he's gravely wounded, crippled and his pride jacked down a few notches, or he's playing a game. Either route would be intereresting.

Robert Arryn. It's either coming to an end, or taking off somehow. I'd be content with both.

Myrcella Baratheon. Having shown herself a very brave and capable little royal, she's also the centre of a big conspiracy as well as the heir to the Iron Throne should something happen to Tommen.

Missandei. Something is up with that one. What will she do, now that Daenerys has left the city?

Interesting list. We know nothing about Sam's brother except that Randyll vastly prefers him over Sam. With Loras I think this: "Either, he's gravely wounded, crippled and his pride jacked down a few notches," is a often theorized but to me very strange reading of his character. I would think his pride would go in the other direction afterwards (i.e. totally through the roof). Would love me some King Robert II (Arryn that is) in the end for the fandoms reaction alone. I sadly think Myrcella is toast (still in denial about Tommen, sorry). Euron and Missandei on the other hand hold no interest for me whatsoever.

Jaime because im very interested in what brienne is going to do to get them and pod out of the current situation.

Sansa. I dont like her but its been a long time without that storyline so it seems something big is about to go down.

The battle of ice. To me it seems fair to say stannis is gonna crush them but ramsey will go MIA but im still very interested see it all playing out.

It is hard to pick just one. He is a bit of a wild card although I feel he has been doomed from the beginnig. Stannis. I know he isn't the only wild card. Davos is on a journey , Arya , Sansa and Jon all seem to be wild cards as well. I think the battle of ice is far more wide open with far more possiblities than Mereen. Will he die?, will end up being the nights king? What would happen to Mel and Selyse should something happen to Shireen??? Will he ever sit the throne. I could see a scenario if he does live in the series where he gets sentenced to be in charge of the wall. What about his visions of himself burning to death???

Honestly, I had to pick two.

I want to see Jaime's path to redemption, he by far is the most interesting character in the series for me.

I also want to see Sansa's role in shaping future events.

Both Jaime and Sansa had a turning point that changed their lives entirely. For Jaime, losing his hand and Brienne's company. For Sansa, I believe it was Ned's death that started it all. I want to see how they cope with it.

My top three right now:

1. Jaime - I want to see him grow up and cut the final ties to Cersei. I somehow do not see him dying, but instead having to live with his regrets and conscience, while Cersei's going out with a bang ... or vice versa actually... :uhoh:

2. Asha - I really like her character, especially after she's been joined with both Stannis and Theon.

3. Bran - not a favorite character, but Bloodraven seems to be brewing something major..

Byt my it's a difficult task the OP's given us! :eek: Because I've started to warm up to Dany after she left Mereen, and Sam in Oldtown is interesting in the same way as with Bran. Something's brewing...

Archived