Bolton's vs Stannis: What do you think will happen?

King of thrones

2. Why should Bolton attack the Kingslanding? The Tyrells and Lannisters are allied with him, it would be a stupid move, to attack them. And Bolton is a northman he doesn't give a shit about that ugly iron chair, if he wants to be king, he will declare himself king in the north.

1. I think the Anti Bolton forces(Stannis, Manderlys, Greyjoys etc.) will prevail although with significant casualties.

1. Stannis

2. What???!!! He didn't have an army to do that, also he's "ally" of the crown. Why would he attack KL? :DD

My scenario is that Stannis will win the battle and takes over Winterfell. Roose heads back to the Dreadfort, but Davos returns with Rickon and the Skags who already invaded the Dreadfort or more likely made a blockade between the Dreadfort and Winterfell so Roose can't go home. They capture the lords and ladies and the Cregan Stark case will happen again, when Rickon sends them to the Wall and executes some, but I'm with an option that he kills all of the lords and ladies coz they were fighting on Roose's side (save for Manderly coz he dies before, and Hother and Mors Umber coz they replay the sers Arryk-Erryk fight) and only Roose will survive coz he sneaks away and either joins the Night's Watch or travels to Essos and become a sellsword.

And for Winterfell I'd say that Mance captured Ramsay and thus the Bolton soldiers don't attack him in Winterfell, and he wrote the "Bastard letter".

I think Stannis will win because George has to start wrapping this story up and he has a lot of storylines to thread together to make a whole and if a Dream of Spring was going to be called a Time for Wolves originally, then somebody has to get the North back to it rightful owners. Don't forget, once Davos finds Rickon and Shaggydog, the Boltons are going to have more than Stannis to deal with.

I have a strong feeling that Stannis will win, but either Roose or Ramsay will be able to sneak away by stealing someone else's skin. It's been too heavily foreshadowed to ignore the possibility IMO.

They could take Wyman Manderly's skin, it's big enough :D (but I'd feel sorry for him, if they flay him alive)

Well i believe that stannis will use the lake to defeat the Freys, seeing majority of the Freys drowning in the Lake The Manderly Knights will kill any retreating Frey Men-at-Arms.

With the defeat of the Freys, Stannis,Northern Clans and Manderly forces will unite and March on Winterfell.

Now if they decide to lay siege to Winterfell they might get help from Stark Loyalist forces within Winterfell who open the gates of Winterfell which lead to a Bolton forces within Winterfell.

Another scenario which could happen is a long siege of Winterfell.

Bolton may decide to engage Stannis and his forces after a long siege as no food is avaialable to besieging forces they would be weak and Roose might try to take advantage of tht.

A number of things could happen but we need more information to speculate what events might take place.

The bastard letter is something which has lead to a lot of theories so right now i'm not taking the letter by Ramsay into account.

After the battle between Bolton and Stannis they are few scenarios that could happen:

1) Bolton wins:

- With Roose winning the upcoming battle, he can either remain Loyal to the IT or he could easily Rebel. Him rebeling and declaring himself King in the North means he would cut ties with everyone in the south and concentrate in consolidating his power within the North. Lady Dustin would be a key figure in either course as both House Dustin and Ryswell appear to be mahor and powerful Northern Houses that sent minimum forces with the Young Wolf so Lady Dustin can contribute a significant amount of levies to Roose's Strength. According to GNC Robett Glover would be in-command of a Stark Loyalist army consisting of Hornwood, Manderly, Locke, Flint of Widow's Watch and survivor of sack of winterfell. All these men would be commanded by a seasoned commander in Robett.

With what i have said above in a scenario where Roose wins against Stannis sustaining heavy causualties to his own armed strength he could be attacked by a Stark Loyalist army while Roose and his Dreadfort men are marching back to Bolton Lands. Robett Glover may ambush them on their march to the Dreadfort. After Bolton is killed the Loyalist forces may go to Winterfell which might be held by a small Garrison of men and take it from them. Now the North is secured from anti- Stark forces, the Loyalist would await the arrival of their Liege Lord 'Rickon Stark'.

2) Stannis Wins:

Now with stannis winning complicates things alot, the Northern Lords will not bow to any southron Lord and stannis doesn't understand the Northern Culture at all. With a weakened Baratheon host the GNC might attack stannis themselves or they could agree to hold the North for him and tell him to go south and avenge their fallen kinsmen to support stannis. A number of things can happen but to speculate further we need to learn a bit more about the plot after the battle for winterfell.

Stannis will win. I think that on the next books we will see some stories getting to an end. Boltons had their moment but it is time for the true actors of the story to shine.

Even if Boltons win (which I think they have no chance to do), they won't attack Kingslanding because either because both Lannisters and especially Tyrells are much stronger.

1. Stannis will win, The Freys will cross the frozen lake and will crack they panic and try to get off the breaking ice, the majority will fall into the lake and die, the reamining men some will clash the Stannis's troops and die, while the others will flee into the woods and get butchered by the Manderleys. Manderley will meet with Stannis telling him Davos is alive and gone to find Rickon. Stannis plans to use the uniforms of the Freys, and the Karstarks, and some Manderley troops to get into WF, where a slaughter of the Boltons happens, Ramsay is killed but Roose escapes with a few of his men. Stannis, Manderleys, and the other Northerners rest at WF, and after a while Davos returns with Rickon.

2. Roose does not give a shit about the IT, KL or anyone else in the 7K. He only cares about the North so if he should (heaven forbid) win, all he will establish a firm grip on the North

1. Ramsay will not come to the battle. That was a wrong assumpton of Theon. Roose already thinks that Freys and Manderlies are more than enough to finish off the starving and snow struck Stannis. So, he will not send Ramsay. He also wants Freys and Manderlies fight and expect only one of them to return. In fact, he also expects the Karstarks to betray Stannis and return with the victorious party to Winterfell. If anything, he will have Ramsay torture the surviving wildlings and then lead a hunting party to find Reek/fArya.

2. Freys will be drowned in the lake. Manderlies and Stannis will shake hands. Stannis will fake his death by sending the head of Arnolf Karstark as his own (they are both bald and have certain resemblance) along with fLightbringer. Manderlies and Karstarks will return to Winterfell.

3. Stannis will feint some attacks. Stannis' men posing as ironborn will attack Barrowton. Lady Dustin will leave Winterfell with her troops to defend her castle.

4. Assuming that Stannis is done, Boltons will go North to deal with the remnants of Stannis, find fArya/Reek who will be missing and put the NW into an order and kill the last son of Ned.

5. Stannis will take the undermanned Winterfell.

6. Jon will assemble a wldling army to defeat the Boltons near Longlake. He will avenge Robb by personally slaying Roose and Ramsay. The war will be won when Davos and the Skagosi host along with the giants take the Boltons in the rear. Stannis will arrive late to the battle field.

7. Rickon wll be restored to Winterfell, Davos will be his regent, Jon will return to the Wall and Stannis will consolidate North. The Wall will be manned and put to order.

1. Ramsay will not come to the battle. That was a wrong assumpton of Cersei. Roosealready thinks that Freys and Manderlies are more than enough to finish off the starving and struck Stannis. So, he will not send Ramsay. He also wants Freys and Manderlies fight and expect only one of them to return. In fact, he also expects the Karstarks to betray Stannis and return with the victorious party to Winterfell.

2. Freys will be drowned in the lake. Manderlies and Stannis will shake hands. Stannis will fake his death by sending the head of Arnolf Karstark as his own (they are both bald and have certain resemblance) along with fLightbringer. Manderlies and Karstarks will return to Winterfell.

3. Stannis will feint some attacks. Stannis' men posing as ironborn will attack Barrowton. Lady Dustin will leave Winterfell with her troops to defend her castle.

4. Assuming that Stannis is done, Boltons will go North to deal with the remnants of Stannis, find fArya/Reek who will be missing and put the NW into an order and kill the last son of Ned.

5. Stannis will take the undermanned Winterfell.

6. Jon will assemble a wldling army to defeat the Boltons near Longlake. He will avenge Robb by personally slaying Roose and Ramsay. The war will be won when Davos and the Skagosi host along with the giants take the Boltons in the rear. Stannis will arrive late to the battle field.

7. Rickon wll be restored to Winterfell, Davos will be his regent, Jon will return to the Wall and Stannis will consolidate North. The Wall will be manned and put to order.

This is one of the most inelegant pieces of Jon fanboyism I have seen. Personally slay Ramsay and Roose while Stannis's army, which is much stronger than any Jon will have just looks on. Get real.

You are right on 1 and 2. But 3 is

3. Stannis's men are now inside the castle and they open the gates to the rest of the army at night, while the Boltons are celebrating their victory and penning their letter to Jon.

4. The Boltons are destroyed.

I think Stannis will loose and die in the battle of Winterfell. He will take down the Freys when they attack him, but his force will be too weak to take Winterfell. Stannis arc will be the lesson that i doesn't matter how strong you are, you'll loose if you're not a people person or a good politician.

With Stannis gone in the north, the Others will have it very easy when they invade. The Others will basically kill everyone in the north, I hope Davos will have time to smuggle out Shereen, Rickon and Jon, but the Boltons, Karlstarks, Manderlys... all gone.

Jon will, when he's got Lightbringer from Gendry, defeat the Others and start "fresh".

Archived