Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 10 [Spoilers]

Arkash

I doubt the poster is an actual scene shot. It's more likely to represent Tyrion and his journey crossing paths with Dany. Quite a nice concept actually, ties in with the Moqorro quote from the books (the shadow snarling amidst dragons young and old or whatever)

Hmm...

Not a big fan of the poster re-using shots from previous seasons. The dragon looks quite bad, actually. My first thought was that it was just another fan made poster. But then again, I haven't been satisfied with the posters since season 2.

I think it would've been better without the dragon. Just Tyrion's back on the ship.

GAME OF THRONES kicks off its ten-episode fifth season SUNDAY, APRIL 12 (9:00-10:00 p.m.). Based on the popular book series “A Song of Ice and Fire,” by George R.R. Martin, this Emmy®-winning fantasy series chronicles an epic struggle for power in a vast and violent fantasy kingdom. Among the returning members of the ensemble cast are Emmy® and Golden Globe winner Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Kit Harington, Alfie Allen, Diana Rigg, Natalie Dormer, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams, Conleth Hill and Gwendoline Christie. New cast this season include Jonathan Pryce, Alexander Siddig and Keisha Castle-Hughes. David Benioff and D.B. Weiss created the series and serve as executive producers.

Diana Rigg is among the regulars. Could this possibly be a hint of her getting upgraded to regular cast this season?

It will be such bullshit if Michael isn't upgraded to regular.

Theyve dipped into fanfic territory already, let it go. It was faithful till season 3 or so, not its diverging ALOT. No Aegon is the biggest diversion the show could ever do, and they did that. Barristan, Roose Bolton being featured less isnt that much of a change.

Actually this seems to possibly confirm something I have suspected:

When Tyrion is going through the Sorrows he sees something big flying overhead. I always thought it might be Drogon, because at that point noone in Meereen knew where Drogon was or what he was up to.

In the books, that is certainly not Drogon. Drogon makes his lair in the Dothraki Sea, which is hundreds of miles from Meereen (per The Lands of Ice and Fire character journeys map), and around a thousand miles from the Sorrows. He returns to his lair with each sunset. There is simply no time for him to be flying around the Sorrows.

Did they seriously use an image of Drogon from last season? Looks exactly like a still from the scene where he emerges from behind the cliff... I loved the poster until I thought this.

Yes, massive cuts on the promotion this year. That is some seriously budget / lazy poster design. Well, at least they added some er, fog.

There is a scene from the books where Tyrion sees Drogon, without realising it, is there not? I'm fairly sure there's a description of Drogon flying overhead whilst Tyrion & Jorah are travelling along the misty river (sorry I forget the proper name of this location... being a bit lazy with this memory).

Did they seriously use an image of Drogon from last season? Looks exactly like a still from the scene where he emerges from behind the cliff... I loved the poster until I thought this.

Yes, massive cuts on the promotion this year. That is some seriously budget / lazy poster design. Well, at least they added some er, fog.

If the promotional stuff is cut in order to make the season the best it can be, I'm all for it.

There is a scene from the books where Tyrion sees Drogon, without realising it, is there not? I'm fairly sure there's a description of Drogon flying overhead whilst Tyrion & Jorah are travelling along the misty river (sorry I forget the proper name of this location... being a bit lazy with this memory).

no. Tyrion hears something overhead on the Sorrows, but as PatrickStormborn rightly pointed out, it is very unlikely to have been Drogon

Archived