Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 10 [Spoilers]

Arkash

no. Tyrion hears something overhead on the Sorrows, but as PatrickStormborn rightly pointed out, it is very unlikely to have been Drogon

Can you refer me to PatrickStormborn's explanation? I'm curious. If it's not Drogon, what could it be? And why would GRRM even mention this. Is it not described as sounding like something large?

Reading the books I pictured Drogon up there when I read the description...

Diana Rigg is among the regulars. Could this possibly be a hint of her getting upgraded to regular cast this season?

Hopefully. The fact that she's listed ahead of several members of the starring cast is notable, but then again, she may have just gotten premium placement on this particular press release because she's Dame Diana Rigg and if you have her as a member of your cast, you advertise that wherever and whenever you can. I have no issues with this, by the way. :)

I think that last year demonstrated that regardless of whatever the promotional materials say, there's no way to know who exactly has been promoted to a member of the "main cast" until the episodes start airing and we see the actor or actress's name in the opening credits (and even then, such a designation has more to do with contracts than any promises of screentime). Rigg was listed among the starring cast on the official press release last year (as was Michael McElhatton) but she was ultimately credited as a Guest Star, as she has been for the past two seasons. By contrast both Kristofer Hivju and Hannah Murray were listed among the recurring cast in the official press materials, when they had actually both joined the main cast and appeared in the opening credits. Go figure.

Can you refer me to PatrickStormborn's explanation? I'm curious. If it's not Drogon, what could it be? And why would GRRM even mention this. Is it not described as sounding like something large?

Yeah curious to check a thread discussing that if there is one.

about 9 posts above my own?

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/124844-season-5-casting-news-and-speculation-v-10-spoilers/?p=6770112

and to me it just seemed like a bat or something. After the WOIAF, I think there is a chance that perhaps it was a wyvern

Cool, I hadn't read back that far. Gracias.

I still think it could be Drogon who passes overhead... maybe he has a couple of lairs? Bats can fly up to 250 miles per night... Dragons I imagine can travel real far too no?

I can't see why GRRM would bother mentioning this without it being Drogon he was referring to.

My favourite poster remains the all black version of the season 4 one (the one on the DVDs and blurays).

I wish they had gone more symbolic this season again. I would have loved getting icy blue eyes reflecting fire (but that is too soon maybe).

Dont really like that one.

Is this the poster for the whole season? I saw the posters from previous seasons and they weren't centered in one character ( in this case Tyrion).

Well the one for s1 had Ned in it...but s5 poster looks so poor as if it was fanmade

Cool, I hadn't read back that far. Gracias.

I still think it could be Drogon who passes overhead... maybe he has a couple of lairs? Bats can fly up to 250 miles per night... Dragons I imagine can travel real far too no?

I can't see why GRRM would bother mentioning this without it being Drogon he was referring to.

Dany's last chapter indicates that it was not Drogon. His lair is in the Dothraki Sea and Dany spends a significant amount of time with him there. Every sunset he returns to this lair.

Why would GRRM mention it? To build suspense, to illustrate the setting, for worldbuilding, and foreshadowing Tyrion's eventual encounter with the dragons. But that does not mean it was Drogon he saw.

Archived