Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 10 [Spoilers]

Arkash

From the reddit post: "When in Episode 510, a change from the books is made and Jon Snow as Lord Commander leads a ranging party to Hardhome. He and his party get into an altercation with Wights and White Walkers and his men want to flee and Jon Snow doesn't allow them to do so. As a result they revolt and stab him and leave him to die, as they run for safety. Then the White Walkers come, collect his body, throw it onto the back of their horse and gallop off into the darkness, as another season of Game of Thrones comes to a conclusion."

From everything we've seen on the show we know the WW are in no rush to go galloping off. I'm going to call complete 100% BS on this one since this person claims to have knowledge of the special effects and green screen footage that would be used to make this scene.

I don't know, maybe Jon will get stabbed at Hardhome? how bout if he finds out about arya before he leaves and the plan is to go south after hardhome. but the watch boys don't let that happen and so he gets stabbed. I don't really think he gets carried off by the nights king though

He won't get stabbed at Hardhome. Two bits of info one reliable (about the NK being there at one point) and the other not (the one where Jon gets Ides'd there and dragged off etc.) have been conflated to lead many to believe that.

The reliable poster is called RhaegarShmaegar. His scoops have been proven right in the past (about Craster's Keep and the ranging there). The other poster, littlebirdieknows, has no such history of reliability. That one post is his only post.

So during my analysis the show, I discovered something I never realized. If you consider the Cersei and Jaime's kids as Lannisters, what House is featured 4th on the show in terms of screentime?

Stark and Lannister are light years ahead of everyone else, with the Targ's in 3rd with only 1/4th of the Lannister's screentime, but ahead of the Baratheons, the Greyjoys, the Tyrells...

Mormont, between Jeor/Jorah/Maege they come into 4th place.

VictariousReturneth, on 26 Feb 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

From the reddit post: "When in Episode 510, a change from the books is made and Jon Snow as Lord Commander leads a ranging party to Hardhome. He and his party get into an altercation with Wights and White Walkers and his men want to flee and Jon Snow doesn't allow them to do so. As a result they revolt and stab him and leave him to die, as they run for safety. Then the White Walkers come, collect his body, throw it onto the back of their horse and gallop off into the darkness, as another season of Game of Thrones comes to a conclusion."

From everything we've seen on the show we know the WW are in no rush to go galloping off. I'm going to call complete 100% BS on this one since this person claims to have knowledge of the special effects and green screen footage that would be used to make this scene.

Or there's this version (from Neo Gaf / WotW)

Rattleshirt is selling slaves at Hardhome. Tormund is pissed and begs Jon to let him go take care of it. Jon thinks as LC he should tag along and does. At Hardhome a fight ensues. During the fight, the Night’s King shows up and starts reanimating the dead, especially those falling over the side of a cliff. Everyone panics and starts to flee, chaos everywhere. They charge at Jon who is left alone. Tormund refuses to flee and pounces on the Wights and throws Jon to the floor, protecting him. He fights off like 20 Wights trying to get at Jon before dying. They are giving Tormund a heroic death on the show, protecting Jon Snow. Before dying he tells Jon Snow to leave, get to the boats. There’s a fire torch near by. In his final act Tormund sets himself and the other Wights nearby on fire, so he can’t be brought back. Final shot of 508 is the eyes of the Night’s King meeting the eyes of Jon Snow.

I'm much more inclined to believe this take on Hardhome.

OK, tell me what you think about this Sansa plotline theory:

1. (E01-E02): Sansa meets Brienne, refuses to go with her. The meeting leaves her shaken. Littlefinger: "you'll avenge them [your family]".

2. (E03-E07)

2i. Littlefinger travels to King's Landing, ostensibly to help Cersei. In reality, he's

a. helping the Tyrells destroy her

b. there to acquire Sansa's marriage annulment from the High Septon. The plot is to take over the control of House Arryn by marrying Sweet Robin.

2ii. meanwhile, Sansa is alone and - uh? considering things? taking baths? interacting with SweetRobin and the lords of the Vale who know who she is? perhaps we're at the Fingers and learning fluff about Littlefinger?

3. if Sansa is not in on the marriage plan, we're treated to a form of the talk from the AFFC final chapter where Littlefinger tells her, "hey, don't I deserve a kiss for delivering you such a husband?" - only this time, it's "for delivering you a kingdom?" or something. (I think, though, that she is.)

Yes, because that perv site, which obviously got their "info" from online speculation about Sansa replacing fArya and marrying Ramsay + some wishful thinking, is such a reliable source. :rolleyes:

The idea of LF revealing to the Faith that he's got Sansa is really illogical. What are they, his trusted cronies?

4. (E09-E10) as per the perv site, the marriage happens. Sansa is now Lady of the Vale. However, Sansa decides that this time, she wants the marriage to be valid, i.e. to lose virginity. This represents her evolution: the Vale is worth it, she thinks.

You mean, devolution?

Rattleshirt is selling slaves at Hardhome. Tormund is pissed and begs Jon to let him go take care of it. Jon thinks as LC he should tag along and does. At Hardhome a fight ensues. During the fight, the Night’s King shows up and starts reanimating the dead, especially those falling over the side of a cliff. Everyone panics and starts to flee, chaos everywhere. They charge at Jon who is left alone. Tormund refuses to flee and pounces on the Wights and throws Jon to the floor, protecting him. He fights off like 20 Wights trying to get at Jon before dying. They are giving Tormund a heroic death on the show, protecting Jon Snow. Before dying he tells Jon Snow to leave, get to the boats. There’s a fire torch near by. In his final act Tormund sets himself and the other Wights nearby on fire, so he can’t be brought back. Final shot of 508 is the eyes of the Night’s King meeting the eyes of Jon Snow.

I only saw that one in a WOTW comment without a source of any kind. It was on NeoGaf too?

It sounds cool enough but that wouldn't explain the presence of several other clan leaders meeting at Hardhome (Loboda, the Wildling Elder, Varamyr).

The source of that is from "ers," just a random poster on TWotW. NeoGaf just has it copy-pasted.

If nothing else, it sounds like a good scene. If its really true I'd rather have not read it though. That's the kind of spoilers that are just there to spoil.

I only saw that one in a WOTW comment without a source of any kind. It was on NeoGaf too?

It sounds cool enough but that wouldn't explain the presence of several other clan leaders meeting at Hardhome (Loboda, the Wildling Elder, Varamyr).

Yes, NeoGiff, one of the moderators posted it on NeoGaf. He said it was unconfirmed but it was a cool concept. That's probably why he wanted to share it.

Tormund definitely feels like one of the characters that could be killed off earlier than in the books. Too bad though if it is true, I really like that guy.

Even if the scene described is just a rumor/fanfic it sounds kinda cool. I wouldn't mind seeing it on the show.

Yes, because that perv site, which obviously got their "info" from online speculation about Sansa replacing fArya and marrying Ramsay + some wishful thinking, is such a reliable source. :rolleyes:

Actually, they've been proven to be pretty much always correct in the past. So the onus in on you to prove that they "obviously" got it from online speculation. Only you can't do that, can you? :)

Not to mention, Sansa is headed for marriage in the books as well.

The idea of LF revealing to the Faith that he's got Sansa is really illogical. What are they, his trusted cronies?

In the show, possibly? About the only thing the High Sparrow wants is to take down Cersei (and possibly the Tyrells). He doesn't probably care about Sansa either way. If Littlefinger can deliver Cersei, it's possible that the HS may be up for trading his moral purity a bit. Alternatively/complementarily, Sansa was forced into that marriage with Tyrion, and the marriage hadn't been consummated, so it wouldn't even be that much of a lie to ask for the annulment. And, on the other hand, to have the High Sparrow trucking with the pimpmaster would take away from his holiness a bit, don't you think?

Once again: Sansa is heading up for marriage in TWOW. So evidently the plot device of annulment does somehow happen.

You mean, devolution?

Nope. As I wrote before, I think that the issue of Sansa's virginity is currently the bottleneck of her plot - unless it gets resolved, the plot won't move further. It's also been a hanging thread since Season 2, so it's really overdue for a realignment. Now, switching the plot device of virginity for a stable power base in the Vale, and, taking into account Robin's age, essentially the command of one of the Seven Kingdoms, seems to me like a major upgrade for Sansa before the endgame. She'd be growing up into a Mrs. Claire Underwood, which I like. :)

Yes. Yes, this smells genuine. And epic. :)

I dunno... the beginning it was very good, but by the last half I was already annoyed. probably because it was the first episode to be focused on one arc only... and I suppose I expected more, it was the 9th one and all. but I can't say it wasnt well performed. but got me boring after some time.

I know it's all opinion but I actually disliked the Sam parts at the beginning of the episode. Or at least, it shuffled the tone of the rest of the episode for me (a bit like Cersei scenes in Blackwater, the best episode in the series).

OF COURSE NOT.

There'll be stuff in March obviously. Or maybe even this weekend. But seriously, why would you think this is all we'll get?

So people have more reason to excessively bitch about anything and everything regarding the T.V show. heh.

As I wrote before, I think that the issue of Sansa's virginity is currently the bottleneck of her plot - unless it gets resolved, the plot won't move further.

How? Being a virgin has nothing to do with "playing the game" (seeing as she's currently a virgin and is doing that), and at no point has her being a virgin been some kind of plot impediment or bar to her development -- on a plot level, it's only important insofar as things like a future annulment, etc. are contemplated.

Spring is normally always pretty exciting and great when it comes to new TV series seasons,

e.g. last week started the 3. season of "Vikings"; tomorrow begins the new "House of Cards" season; okay, the 3. "Hannibal" season got delayed till June sadly, but they still released a great ~2 min. trailer already in January; (now I just wish new "Sherlock" seasons would come more often than every 1,5 - 2 years...).

I'm actually very hyped for the 5. "GoT" season, but comparing with other series and their promoting, I feel much less hyped, but that will surely change, once GoT starts.

Ok, I'm reading this and see a show named Hannibal, LOL, and I'm thinking....GREAT, someone made a series about Hannibal Barca, and OOPS, now I remember, it's Hannibal Lecter, right? Eh, I've never quite got around to watching that show, having read the books, including the one with a young Hannibal, I'm not sure I want to see it.

This season of GOT does seem to need something in the promo department. They seem to be relying too much on old stuff for interest, just counting on everyone tuning in.

Apparently we'll find out what 501 is called this Sunday.

(There wasn't an announcement or anything, that's just a prediction from people who know how these sorts of schedules work over in the WOTW comments).

Ok cool. Did we have the official poster last year before the premiere episode title?

Archived