Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 10 [Spoilers]

Arkash

Someone on WotW posted a summary of hardhome from episode 8. Take with a grain of salt.

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2xd94n/spoilers_all_alleged_season_5_episode_8_summary/

That's a great ending, but weren't there already reports that Jon would encounter the Night's King at Hardhome?

And If Tormund is getting a heroic death, I won't be pissed off. Even if he is still alive in the books.

You also have to take into account the material they were working with. Season 4 only really adapted about 42 chapters. 24 Chapters from ASOS, and 18 chapters from AFFC + ADWD. The rest of it was really filler and scenes that didn't occur in the books where as Season 1 pretty much adapted the entire first book of 73 Chapters and Arya's first chapter from ACOK.

Can we expect each Season to get shorter since there's going to be less and even no book material in some instances?

but weren't there already reports that Jon would encounter the Night's King at Hardhome?

I've refuted the Jon-dragged-off-by-NK thing a few times on the past few pages of this thread so I won't elaborate it yet again. I'll just say, there were no legit reports of that.

Yes, Jon will be at Hardhome. And the NK will show up there at some point and raise some dead but beyond that we don't know.

Can we expect each Season to get shorter since there's going to be less and even no book material in some instances?

I don't think the Seasons will get shorter. TWOW and ADWD are supposed to be at least 1500 pages according to GRRM. There will be plenty of material to adapt. Now obviously the details in the storylines will diverge, but the major and significant events shouldn't. D&D met with GRRM and have been told how the series will end. There will obviously be book material adapted into the seasons in some form.

I've refuted the Jon-dragged-off-by-NK thing a few times on the past few pages of this thread so I won't elaborate it yet again. I'll just say, there were no legit reports of that.

I don't really believe that thing either. I think everything at Hardhome will go down in 508 and once Jon's eyes meet with the Night's King, he will return to Castle Black with the survivors. And once "For the Watch" happens, we don't know what happens to Jon. Perhaps Mel saves him in the same way Beric was saved or he wargs into Ghost. Idk.

That's a great ending, but weren't there already reports that Jon would encounter the Night's King at Hardhome?

And If Tormund is getting a heroic death, I won't be pissed off. Even if he is still alive in the books.

Reports originated on 4chan. Seriously. It's not going to happen and it was completely unfounded.

I don't see Tormund dying. And the Rattleshirt selling slaves narrative doesn't really gel with all of the other roles cast for that ep. Loboda, Wildling Elder, probably Varamyr etc.. The casting calls reported on by Sue the Fury said that there were battle plans and heated negotiations going down at Hardhome, so I think Rattleshirt will just be one among many chiefs of Mance's scattered horde, figuring out what to do next.

I'm looking forward to the Winterfell storyline and pretty much nothing else by this point. Heck, if they can pull off the Stannis-Roose-Theon plot well enough, I can forgive any mucking up of the Dorne, Riverlands, Iron Islands, King's Landing, or Stormlands stories. Though maybe not all at the same time.

I don't see Tormund dying. And the Rattleshirt selling slaves narrative doesn't really gel with all of the other roles cast for that ep. Loboda, Wildling Elder, probably Varamyr etc.. The casting calls reported on by Sue the Fury said that there were battle plans and heated negotiations going down at Hardhome, so I think Rattleshirt will just be one among many chiefs of Mance's scattered horde, figuring out what to do next.

Even if the report is false, I'm not shooting down the possibility of Tormund dying. If he and Jon build some sort of friendship throughout the season, his death could be what really pushes Jon towards letting all the Wildlings pass through the wall. You know, other than the White Walkers turning every dead Wildling there is into a wight.

I'm looking forward to the Winterfell storyline and pretty much nothing else by this point. Heck, if they can pull off the Stannis-Roose-Theon plot well enough, I can forgive any mucking up of the Dorne, Riverlands, Iron Islands, King's Landing, or Stormlands stories. Though maybe not all at the same time.

What Stormlands story?

A big part of what made Jon's stabbing such a great scene in the book was the pink letter, and the reaction it evoked in him. Lets hope this makes the show... Seriously, it better... :uhoh:

I think those of us that loved the Pink Letter should steel ourselves for it not being the show. I just don't see how it would work in a visual medium.

Archived